AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 01 June 2009 01:39 PM #16

This “rally” has all the smell of ORDERED.

Seriously, remember the “PLUNGE PROTECTION TEAM” that ‘never existed?’

I “feel” that they were { since they don’t exist/right? } instructed to NOT DO, what they NEVER DID.

And the orders were placed.

RALLY ENSUED.

This reeks to high heaven, I’m up nice, better than nice, but honestly, the snowball is still rolling DOWNHILL in NormalVille, and Government Motors….what a JOKE, now they are going to make, what OBAMOBILES?

I can see it now, the Algorette, runs on recycled paper, the Obamobile that announces your arrival at Messiahship, the BawnyFrombile that features doors that “swing the other way”...

.... argh, look out, here comes the Flakemobile, specially designed for California, comes with no paint, and one seat, for maximum conservation of resources.

And the Chinese, they most likely gave Geithner the Smiling Eggroll, then started buying North Korean bonds as the LESSER RISK longterm.

[ Edited: 01 June 2009 01:43 PM by TanToday ]

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 01 June 2009 01:41 PM #17

Eric Landstrom - 01 June 2009 04:33 PM

... I think that you’re underestimating the power of Bill’s drool and willingness to put money to work ...

In other words, current rally is driven by inflation fears and declining US dollars.  Oddly, one good indicator of a bull indicator is yield of bonds is going up.  This would lead to Fed raising rate eventually which if history is to repeat itself, stock market always boom when rate is increasing.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 01 June 2009 01:46 PM #18

Mace - 01 June 2009 04:41 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 01 June 2009 04:33 PM

... I think that you’re underestimating the power of Bill’s drool and willingness to put money to work ...

In other words, current rally is driven by inflation fears and declining US dollars.  Oddly, one good indicator of a bull indicator is yield of bonds is going up.  This would lead to Fed raising rate eventually which if history is to repeat itself, stock market always boom when rate is increasing.

I think I heard somewhere that the stock market performs best when rates are high and coming down. Could of heard wrong though.

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 01 June 2009 01:55 PM #19

Money is actually moving HEAVILY into bonds.  Ordinarily this pushes yields down but we are so in debt and issuing so many bonds that rates are going up.  This is extremely bad.  Mortgage rates are rising now.  IOW, they can’t even begin to reinflate the bubble if they can’t keep money cheap.  The markets are going up because banks have huge amounts of freshly minted money, releveraging is in effect and shorts are getting systematically squeezed.  They should be.  I’m not for one side getting rich on the decline but the bulls will be nailed hard again soon IMO.

Eric- You see everything very clearly except the banks.  Come back to the good side of the force.  You know Lucas films always have happy endings…

Signature

The ends don’t justify the means…

Posted: 01 June 2009 02:18 PM #20

TanToday - 01 June 2009 04:39 PM

This “rally” has all the smell of ORDERED.

Seriously, remember the “PLUNGE PROTECTION TEAM” that ‘never existed?’

I “feel” that they were { since they don’t exist/right? } instructed to NOT DO, what they NEVER DID.

And the orders were placed.

RALLY ENSUED.

This reeks to high heaven, I’m up nice, better than nice, but honestly, the snowball is still rolling DOWNHILL in NormalVille, and Government Motors….what a JOKE, now they are going to make, what OBAMOBILES?

I can see it now, the Algorette, runs on recycled paper, the Obamobile that announces your arrival at Messiahship, the BawnyFrombile that features doors that “swing the other way”...

.... argh, look out, here comes the Flakemobile, specially designed for California, comes with no paint, and one seat, for maximum conservation of resources.

And the Chinese, they most likely gave Geithner the Smiling Eggroll, then started buying North Korean bonds as the LESSER RISK longterm.

Bruce, unemployment will hit us but consider that when the economy tanked last year everybody honored the recessions. What is different in the context of my two Americas thesis is that first America is back to spending at an 86% clip of peak spending from a couple of years ago. In other words, for those who can afford to do so we’re still flipping the spending switches back on.

How so? The Intelligent Investor dumped at peak (which kicked off last year’s September decline and led to Octclobber) and began scaling in and writing options against those positions. As the economy continues to buy on value, more and more of those positions are showing profitable returns and so the investor class is beginning to feel like spending again. On the other hand, I live in the land of milk and honey and so my perception my be skewed toward the bunny side. Notwithstanding, after I explained in January that this year we don’t make money, we build positions, I’m tickled that we’re building positions and making money.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 01 June 2009 02:28 PM #21

litespeed - 01 June 2009 04:46 PM

... I think I heard somewhere that the stock market performs best when rates are high and coming down. Could of heard wrong though.

Fed increases rate to tame inflation.  That is market is booming.  Fed decreases rate to stimulate economy.  That is market is declining.  So Fed lags the market.  In other words, when Fed begins to increase rate, it confirms a bull market, not a bear rally.

[ Edited: 01 June 2009 02:30 PM by Mace ]

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 01 June 2009 02:28 PM #22

Mayor Quimby - 01 June 2009 04:55 PM

Money is actually moving HEAVILY into bonds.  Ordinarily this pushes yields down but we are so in debt and issuing so many bonds that rates are going up.  This is extremely bad.  Mortgage rates are rising now.  IOW, they can’t even begin to reinflate the bubble if they can’t keep money cheap.  The markets are going up because banks have huge amounts of freshly minted money, releveraging is in effect and shorts are getting systematically squeezed.  They should be.  I’m not for one side getting rich on the decline but the bulls will be nailed hard again soon IMO.

Eric- You see everything very clearly except the banks.  Come back to the good side of the force.  You know Lucas films always have happy endings…

I :valentine: the banks because an investment in banking is an investment in America. All the same I recognize that some think banks are a shot in the dark and I see the fall decline coming.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 01 June 2009 03:01 PM #23

So close to $140.  C’mon AAPL ... you can do it.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 01 June 2009 03:55 PM #24

Most of the financials are down atm except bac. Wonder if they will go higher tomorrow if the market close above what the bulls want today.

Posted: 01 June 2009 05:01 PM #25

C’est la vie 4/9th of the F position. I’ll pick you back up later!

Signature

Posted: 01 June 2009 05:06 PM #26

Eric Landstrom - 01 June 2009 05:28 PM
    Mayor Quimby - 01 June 2009 04:55 PM

I :valentine: the banks because an investment in banking is an investment in America. All the same I recognize that some think banks are a shot in the dark and I see the fall decline coming.

An investment in the banks is an investment in the core of heart of the satanic beast wielding an acid-soaked mace in the seventh level of the eternal torture chamber known as hell.

Signature

Posted: 01 June 2009 05:13 PM #27

Mayor Quimby - 01 June 2009 08:06 PM

An investment in the banks is an investment in the core of heart of the satanic beast wielding an acid-soaked mace in the seventh level of the eternal torture chamber known as hell.

See; it’s gotta work with all that!

Thanks for the laugh, Mike.

Signature

Posted: 01 June 2009 05:18 PM #28

lol…

...I’m only ~ 73% kidding ya know.

Signature

Posted: 01 June 2009 05:19 PM #29

In other news, Chinese children seem to understand what American adults do not:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-students-laugh-at-tim-geithner-2009-6

Signature

Posted: 01 June 2009 05:35 PM #30

Mayor Quimby - 01 June 2009 08:19 PM

In other news, Chinese children seem to understand what American adults do not:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-students-laugh-at-tim-geithner-2009-6

But Turbo Timmie looks good.

Signature