Welocome back Tommo.  We missed you.  grin

Ditto.  Love your tag line. wink

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 05 June 2009 03:23 PM #168

incorrigible - 05 June 2009 06:18 PM

Welocome back Tommo.  We missed you.  grin

Thanx smile Only passing through again, just like that time a couple of months ago we bottomed at $78 and I popped in to say it was time to mortgage your grandmother and buy the stock again wink

I may start trading more actively again though. Things are getting interesting again.

Signature

“Waiter waiter I’m not happy with my Zach Bass. Would you serve it on a silver platter with an apple on the side please?”

• Posted: 05 June 2009 03:33 PM #169

Tommo_UK - 05 June 2009 05:59 PM

I should clarify.. two trendlines I’ve had on my daily chart since summer last year converge next week around the $150-152 level, curiously similar to observations Mace has been making in the Elliot Wave topic. That’s why I’m watching so closely, as I think if we get there and sell of, we pull back to the $130s and get big buying support there, but if that level is overcome at the cross-over we get a major rally in the stock, bull or bear market… next week’s the pivotal week in that respect: its cross-over week smile

When we crossed above 146 today, my daily chart on Prophet showed me a bullish rising wedge with a predicted price range of 147-152. I also think that in case we rise above 152 we might see a rally to 170 short term. But I am cautious and still holding my July 140 puts b/c I think we will see a sell the news on Monday. Unless SJ himself presents a stunning new product.

Btw - welcome back.

Edit: I am thinking of buying puts in PALM - I think the Pre sales on Saturday will be a flop!

[ Edited: 05 June 2009 03:38 PM by Plato ]

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 05 June 2009 03:44 PM #170

I rented some June 150s at $2.33.. if 143.50 holds I think the stock sees a bounce and it’ll be good for a scalp. If 143.50/143 breaks then I’ll get out because the momo crowd will get out of the way of the “sell the WWDC news, any news” jockeys a little earlier than usual. The pop up to $148 in the PM gave many the opportunity to already do that… surprised not to have seen more volume to be honest.

If we run back up towards that into the close I’ll sell the trade though.

Plato, I share your caution… definitely a poss sell-off to $130 on whatever-“they”-care-to-say-about-no-iHyperdrive-at-WWDC-announcement rolleyes But that’s be a strong “all-in” signal for sidelined cash, still waiting for a chance to get back in for the new iPhone launch which I don’t think will happen next week (which will merely announce the imminent launch of the new range) but will be all about OS 3.0 and Leopard.

Best way to play WWDC might be to short Palm, as when 3.0 is demo’d and the new range announce, the Pre is going to look Pre alright, Prehistoric that is, and PALM will TANK. In fact you could probably short AAPL over WWDC and short PALM as a hedge! LOL

Signature

“Waiter waiter I’m not happy with my Zach Bass. Would you serve it on a silver platter with an apple on the side please?”

Posted: 05 June 2009 03:45 PM #171

Plato - 05 June 2009 06:33 PM

Edit: I am thinking of buying puts in PALM - I think the Pre sales on Saturday will be a flop!

Hah - lol, see my post above… many having the same thoughts methinx!

Signature

• Posted: 05 June 2009 03:53 PM #172

Tommo_UK - 05 June 2009 06:44 PM

In fact you could probably short AAPL over WWDC and short PALM as a hedge! LOL

There’s an idea!  LOL But I don’t short AAPL anymore (got burned too often in the past) - I rather stick with Puts.

I think PALM will correct down - ran up over 300% or so this year. Everyone thinks the Pre is OK, but Sprint is a different story! Another bloated pig is RIMM - can’t believe it’s up almost everyday, even today more than AAPL - unbelievable!  rolleyes

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 05 June 2009 04:36 PM #173

The Return of TOMMO !

Good to have you back !!

Posted: 05 June 2009 04:57 PM #174

Gtrplyr - 05 June 2009 07:36 PM

The Return of TOMMO !

Good to have you back !!

Ta - watch me vanish back to my cave just as quickly if my $150s get wiped out rolleyes LOL

Signature

• Posted: 05 June 2009 07:13 PM #175

Tommo_UK - 05 June 2009 07:57 PM
    Gtrplyr - 05 June 2009 07:36 PM

The Return of TOMMO !

Good to have you back !!

Ta - watch me vanish back to my cave just as quickly if my $150s get wiped out rolleyes LOL

Please don’t vanish again.  We have all missed you!!!!  The return of Tommo_UK is a good sign.