Eric Landstrom - 11 June 2009 02:41 PM

Except my physician is a beautiful blue-eyed blond.  grin

Man or woman?

Posted: 11 June 2009 01:00 PM #122

Called Lars.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 11 June 2009 01:00 PM #123

willrob - 11 June 2009 03:57 PM

Man or woman?

Ouch.

Woman.

There isn’t enough beer in the world, not even in a bar for the other option.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 11 June 2009 01:01 PM #124

wheeles - 11 June 2009 04:00 PM

Called Lars.

LOL  LOL

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 11 June 2009 01:24 PM #125

Meanwhile Bloomberg interviews First American Funds from Minnesota as reaction to on-going the Ken Lewis drama. The bottom line is that BofA, although it has more consumer influence than it had with its Country-Wide purchase, represents tremendous upside if the recovery isn’t protracted. If the recovery is protracted then BofA is market perform.

Why does this matter to Apple shareholders? Because if BofA is swinging, then America is swinging and AAPL rocks and for better or worse the traders come back to AAPL en masse.

As it sits BAC is expected to knock out measly $0.54 a share this year but come next year the Spanked One is expected to spit out $2.64 a share. Taking $2.64 and assigning it a sector multiplier of 9-15 we can clearly see the upside money managers dream about with a potential of $23.76 on the low side and $39.60 on the high side.

[ Edited: 11 June 2009 02:54 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 11 June 2009 03:25 PM #126

Throwing a leg back into F other wise known as Flapping On Road Dead. Thank you freakish low below $5.80!

Woot, woot!

Signature

• Posted: 11 June 2009 03:39 PM #127

Palm up 11% ...

Apple should appoint an ex-apple wizard to become CEO… oh no, they already did that once ... there goes the easy 10%  grin

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 11 June 2009 05:08 PM #128

I dumped my options before WWDC.  I did not want to be worrying about Steve’s appearance/non-appearance, non-existence of rumored products, etc.  I like to sleep at night.  I still own a few hundred shares of Apple for long term.  The rest is in cash right now.  I’m with Wheeles.  What’s the likely up side versus the likely downside over the next 60 days?  The good news is all anticipated and dialed in.  The major changes that could happen are mostly negative, some very negative.  Oil prices are also a worry for the general market, which for the last year or so has taken over in guiding Apple’s share price, despite Apple’s business plan, innovation, and good management.

We have been on the oil standard as far as the US dollar goes, since Nixon theoretically floated the dollar.  Our M1 money supply is backed by nothing tangible, and when we print 4 times as many dollars do you think that the oil producers are going to let an effective 75% discount in the price of oil exist and do nothing?  No, they’re going to raise prices to cover the loss in real value (expressed in dollars) of a barrel of oil.  What happened the last time gasoline hit $4 per gallon?  Housing collapsed, travel collapsed, retail collapsed, people defaulted on payments, and banks were suddenly in trouble.  Twelve months later here we are again.  Has anybody in the oil/oil trading industry learned anything about macro-economics?  I think they are well aware of what they are doing, but just don’t care as long as they make a whopping profit in the current quarter.  It’s a game of chicken.  How high can energy prices be raised without killing the economy?  How much damage can the economy withstand without collapsing completely?  The stakes are much higher for you and me than for the oil industry, so if mistakes are made it’ll be to our deteriment, as it was last year.  Anyone who believes that high oil prices are good for the economy has had way to much Conservative Kool-aid.

Posted: 11 June 2009 05:54 PM #129

Here is how I see it.

If Apple reports good numbers next month ( and I anticipate they will) the stock could get an extra kick.  However since it is the market that dictates where aapl is, we could see some huge profit taking giving the 35%+ run up in the S&P in the last three months.

I was happy to see that we stayed above 140.  I would have expected a bigger profit taking move.  The positive market helped a great deal.

Posted: 11 June 2009 07:08 PM #130

Well day 2 of my 3 day sell-off resulted in an inside day closing slightly down on yesterday, but breaching neither the high or low of the previous day. This can be explained in part to the general rise in the indices and to a smallish bounce after yesterday’s selling.

The question is whether AAPL can sustain the current levels or will it succumb to more selling as the pull of max pain starts to come into effect.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 11 June 2009 11:07 PM #131

omacvi - 11 June 2009 08:54 PM

Here is how I see it.

If Apple reports good numbers next month ( and I anticipate they will) the stock could get an extra kick.  However since it is the market that dictates where aapl is, we could see some huge profit taking giving the 35%+ run up in the S&P in the last three months.

I was happy to see that we stayed above 140.  I would have expected a bigger profit taking move.  The positive market helped a great deal.

There is little question AAPL will put up EPS #s that will beat the street by a better margin than Q2 09.  Guidance from Apple did not adjust for an ADDITIONAL 12 cents (or so) from iPHone subscription earnings by itself (as compared to Q2).  I think Apple will beat by at least 30 cents, minimum.  And most expect Apple sold more 3G iPHones in Q3 09 vs. Q3 08, although the impact here is with NonGAAP #s.

Too, Apple has future products to announce, the timing of which may coincide w/SJ’s return:  New monitors (all sizes).  Apple TV update.  iPod Touch (I don’t think they’ll wait until Sept. on this) and possible announcement of the iPad.  I’m not holding my breath on the last one.

The stock market at large and other external forces that influence it certainly portend risk to Apple’s PPS.  I’m hoping for a run with Q3 09 earnings to keep us at least where we are today but with the potential for more.  We shall see….

• Posted: 12 June 2009 01:21 AM #132

Friday

R4         149.07
      midpoint   147.56
    R3       146.06
      midpoint   144.55
    R2       143.05
      midpoint   142.29
    R1       141.52
      midpoint   140.78
    PP       140.04
      midpoint   139.28
    S1       138.51
      midpoint   137.77
    S2       137.03
      midpoint   135.52
    S3       134.02
      midpoint   132.51
    S4       131.01

Posted: 12 June 2009 02:08 AM #133

Zeke - 10 June 2009 08:28 PM

... Max Pain for July is $115.  See you there.

$120.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 12 June 2009 02:47 AM #134

The freakish dip in F was caused by the AP releasing a story that F was issuing more stock.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5huiSqDOlmkpMRhbq7GcojdXrln9gD98OK7SG5

The subsequent recovery in share price can about when the company corrected.

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/QuickFacts.aspx?Node=B1&Id=977173 &Category=Quick Facts

Heh.

Signature

• Posted: 12 June 2009 10:02 AM #135

down in PM….
    cashing in before the weekend?

I am going for the RIMM puts today…any suggestions

thinking of buying the september 70 put

[ Edited: 12 June 2009 10:23 AM by N.L. ]

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.