AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 08 June 2009 12:54 PM #16

Apple Store is down.

Signature

Hocus pokus, hope it don’t poke us in the eye.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 01:11 PM #17

any live stream of the keynote?

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 01:16 PM #18

N.L. - 08 June 2009 04:11 PM

Go to macdailynews - they have a list of the usual sites.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 01:17 PM #19

A lot of live blogs are covering WWDC. I like   http://live.gizmodo.com/

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 08 June 2009 01:48 PM #20

From MacNN

Ironically: people are using their brand new Palm Pres to get 3G coverage in the keynote hall as their iPhones don’t work.

Apparently there are too many iPhones in the Bay Area and ATT is overwhelmed. Sprint to the rescue.

Posted: 08 June 2009 01:48 PM #21

Plato - 08 June 2009 04:17 PM

A lot of live blogs are covering WWDC. I like   http://live.gizmodo.com/

FWIW MacRumors has coverage via Twitter.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:18 PM #22

as expected, all the updates that you want…and WS doesn’t care ..... south we go

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:18 PM #23

Very strong update on MacBook Pro:  Specs and Pricing.  And the shares fall below $140k.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:21 PM #24

Mercel - 08 June 2009 05:18 PM

Very strong update on MacBook Pro:  Specs and Pricing.  And the shares fall below $140k.

I think that’s b/c they will price the new iPhone very aggressively according to Jim G. - that could mean decreasing profit margins!

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:32 PM #25

A PR was just sent out from Apple that says Snow Leopard will be available in September and for $29. They have not yet discussed this in the keynote.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:36 PM #26

Plato - 08 June 2009 05:21 PM
    Mercel - 08 June 2009 05:18 PM

I think that’s b/c they will price the new iPhone very aggressively according to Jim G. - that could mean decreasing profit margins!

Well, I think a $50 price drop on the iPhone will be received positively.  Judging from the price cuts on the MacBook Pro, we could even see a $100 price drop. 

Great looking software updates.  This stuff is very strong.  Of course, WS sees it in terms of black and white and in the courier font.

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:37 PM #27

I was short 180 of 2010 and 190 of 2011 as a hedge against my
    long positions in my 2011 leaps…. I have covered all my shorts. I do
    not care if the stock drops after wwdc as what they have done so far
    is pure genius…..

• Posted: 08 June 2009 02:41 PM #28

SNIPUS - 08 June 2009 05:37 PM

I was short 180 of 2010 and 190 of 2011 as a hedge against my
    long positions in my 2011 leaps…. I have covered all my shorts. I do
    not care if the stock drops after wwdc as what they have done so far
    is pure genius…..

My sentiments exactly.  And we haven’t even yet seen the iPhone updates.

Posted: 08 June 2009 02:43 PM #29

I guess I’ll upgrade in September then….

“Apple unveiled Mac OS X Snow Leopard, an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s most advanced operating system and the foundation for future Mac innovation. Snow Leopard builds on a decade of OS X innovation and success with hundreds of refinements, new core technologies, out of the box support for Microsoft Exchange and new accessibility features. Snow Leopard will ship as an upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard users in September 2009 for $29.”

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 08 June 2009 02:46 PM #30

Am I right in thinking that AAPL rallied after the keynote at MacWorld? I’ve a feeling that shorting AAPL might be a crowded trade. If they pull a China iPhone launch out of the bag we might well see a short-covering scramble.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore