Tablets start to arrive

• Posted: 17 June 2009 12:10 AM #31

rezonate - 17 June 2009 01:12 AM
    ctopher - 17 June 2009 12:26 AM

(So why DO they still sell the Apple TV? smile )

I think we see a new home media center before we see an iTablet. With the Snow Leopard and iPhone 3GS builds in the past, iPhone OS 3 will have a couple months to mature before they stretch it onto a tablet - maybe until next year’s refresh. In the meantime, Apple TV is going to become the “one media library to rule them all”, with Time Capsule functionality and multi-machine iTunes syncing.

Hey, one can dream! smile

I wish Apple would do something with the AppleTV. I want to get one, but know that there will be bigger and better right around the corner. I’d like to see some DVR functionality added, perhaps with multiple HDs, one to watch iTunes material while the other is recording HD programming.

• Posted: 17 June 2009 12:38 AM #32

Question on the cool iTablet. Since it will have 3G for connectivity, does it also come with the mic/buds for voice calls too? If so, does it replace my iPhone? Does it then boil down to a form factor and power choice vs. iphone?

Posted: 17 June 2009 01:08 AM #33

willrob - 17 June 2009 03:10 AM
    rezonate - 17 June 2009 01:12 AM
    ctopher - 17 June 2009 12:26 AM

(So why DO they still sell the Apple TV? smile )

I think we see a new home media center before we see an iTablet. With the Snow Leopard and iPhone 3GS builds in the past, iPhone OS 3 will have a couple months to mature before they stretch it onto a tablet - maybe until next year’s refresh. In the meantime, Apple TV is going to become the “one media library to rule them all”, with Time Capsule functionality and multi-machine iTunes syncing.

Hey, one can dream! smile

I wish Apple would do something with the AppleTV. I want to get one, but know that there will be bigger and better right around the corner. I’d like to see some DVR functionality added, perhaps with multiple HDs, one to watch iTunes material while the other is recording HD programming.

I know this goes against the pysche of Apple, I would like to see access to Hulu/Veoh/TV.com on Apple TV. Until they do, I guess I will still plug my laptop into the input jacks.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale