WSJ reporting Steve Jobs had liver transplant

Posted: 22 June 2009 07:54 PM #31

The real answer is to allow cloning research and let us grow our own replacement organs.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 22 June 2009 08:09 PM #32

willrob - 22 June 2009 08:28 PM

Earlier today they said that Jobs stepping aside in January caused the stock to drop, but didn’t bother to mention the market dropped and every other tech stock dropped also. Either they don’t like to do their homework, or they just don’t know how.

SO, SJ’s return should provide a similar rebound?  rolleyes

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 22 June 2009 08:13 PM #33

Play Ultimate - 22 June 2009 11:09 PM
    willrob - 22 June 2009 08:28 PM

Earlier today they said that Jobs stepping aside in January caused the stock to drop, but didn’t bother to mention the market dropped and every other tech stock dropped also. Either they don’t like to do their homework, or they just don’t know how.

SO, SJ’s return should provide a similar rebound?  rolleyes

By CNBC’s logic, his return should push the DOW over 10000.

• Posted: 22 June 2009 08:41 PM #34

Daring Fireball’s take on CNBC’s spin.

• Posted: 22 June 2009 11:37 PM #35

wheeles - 22 June 2009 06:37 PM

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the likes of CNBC trying to question Apple’s ethics? For heaven’s sake, this is the network that hosts Cramer. And as for all these talking heads coming on, most of them work for companies with dubious ethics.

CNBC’s “analysis” of Apple’s handling of SJ news was ridiculous today.  It was interrupted, and finally abbreviated,  from no less than two “BREAKING NEWS” stories with Madoff (ho hum) and the winner of the U.S. Open. 

Journalism has fallen very, very far.

• Posted: 23 June 2009 01:31 AM #36

Mercel - 23 June 2009 02:37 AM
    wheeles - 22 June 2009 06:37 PM

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the likes of CNBC trying to question Apple’s ethics? For heaven’s sake, this is the network that hosts Cramer. And as for all these talking heads coming on, most of them work for companies with dubious ethics.

CNBC’s “analysis” of Apple’s handling of SJ news was ridiculous today.  It was interrupted, and finally abbreviated,  from no less than two “BREAKING NEWS” stories with Madoff (ho hum) and the winner of the U.S. Open. 

Journalism has fallen very, very far.

You forget their demographics are middle aged, white, wealthy, men who like golf and think about Madoff “there for the grace of god go I.”

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 23 June 2009 06:24 AM #37

And as for the whole debacle before Jobs took a sabbatical, regarding him being fine, then announcing a break, could it be that either a liver became available and the transplant was brought forward, or he was suddenly told by doctors he needed to have one? That would certainly explain the sudden change in circumstances.

Personally, I believe that Apple were right not to announce that he was going for an operation as there would have been news reporters camping outside the hospital along with the lunatic fringe of Apple fanboys setting up candlelit vigils. It would have been a media circus just when SJ needed a break from the spotlight.

CNBC have been a disgrace in their coverage of this whole matter, and then to come up with yet another rumor that Steve was spotted at the campus. This has all got so out of hand.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 23 June 2009 09:29 AM #38

A reporter from Reuters also saw him on campus. But he’s been reported there recently, on the days before the WWD,. So it’snot exactly the same as “being back to work.” Maybe the campus is simply near his favorite frozen yogurt spot.