AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 26 June 2009 01:24 PM #136

awcabot - 26 June 2009 03:34 PM

... But what I see as more important than the moving averages is the downtrend from the summer 2008 highs. If AAPL can breach above, I think it will be upwards going for quite some length, maybe $180, if fundamentals stay good and Iran doesn’t erupt into civil war.

The critical price zone is $155-$160 as pointed out by Tommu_UK and cramar.  Breaking above is bull rally to over $200 and breaking below would be months of pain.  $180 is not a major resistance.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 26 June 2009 01:34 PM #137

Plato - 26 June 2009 02:34 PM

... I think the market in general will correct massively in July and will drag AAPL with it and I assume the 20EMA may become then resistance rather than support. JMHO though.

AAPL has either completed wave 1 or near to completion.  The ensuing wave 2 has retracement from 23.6% to 99%.  In other words, you’re right that AAPL would correct massively soon if it has not started yet.  Refer to EW thread for detailed :innocent: tea leave reading.

Signature

• Posted: 26 June 2009 01:51 PM #138

I am not disagreeing with everyone’s TA analysis and we could have a break out to 180/200 etc,etc.

However, I just don’t see AAPL rallying when the market corrects massively, and that’s what I referred to. If we would go sidewise, that’s a different story - like today. But if the market plunges, no way AAPL can go higher. IMHO.

Edit: Also, look at the volume today and yesterday. It was below the average yesterday and today is really slow! When we declined to 132.88 it was above average for a couple of days.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 26 June 2009 02:27 PM #139

Mace - 26 June 2009 04:34 PM

... I think the market in general will correct massively in July and will drag AAPL with it and I assume the 20EMA may become then resistance rather than support. JMHO though.

AAPL has either completed wave 1 or near to completion.  The ensuing wave 2 has retracement from 23.6% to 99%.  In other words, you’re right that AAPL would correct massively soon if it has not started yet.  Refer to EW thread for detailed :innocent: tea leave reading.

Mace, in your last EW post you said wave 2 (best fit) is completed and now in wave 3 but here you are saying wave 2 is starting.  I don’t understand.

Posted: 26 June 2009 02:45 PM #140

alice - 26 June 2009 05:27 PM
    Mace - 26 June 2009 04:34 PM

Mace, in your last EW post you said wave 2 (best fit) is completed and now in wave 3 but here you are saying wave 2 is starting.  I don’t understand.

You should read both the counts.  Wave 1 completed (best-fit count), wave 1 almost completed (preferred count).  The statement below best-fit count about wave three starting is a question not a forecast, 20% ret is too shallow for completion of wave 2.

Signature

Posted: 26 June 2009 04:46 PM #141

Eric Landstrom - 23 June 2009 04:26 PM

nearly a 4% trading range today in Spank on America who announced a preferred conversion based on a simple moving average common price of $12.70. Me, I expect something of a short squeeze on the shorts that aren’t covering over the next week or two because they don’t realize that the primary motivator for the BAC (and C for that matter) is arbitrage. Read BofA’s press release on the matter.

Why does this matter to AAPL people? Because BAC is a tail that can wag the market as we saw last week.

Disclosure: I am long BAC and other banks as well as AAPL.

Mmm…. the gentle palpitations of a squeeze.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 26 June 2009 05:02 PM #142

My other concern is that once we hit, or get close to $150, analyst might come out and raise concern or downgrade the stock based on valuation/price and current economic situation. And if it’s only to get the stock down so their clients can get in cheap.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 26 June 2009 09:08 PM #143

I think we will see in two or three weeks when earnings season is upon us where the market is headed.

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”