AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 22 June 2009 10:55 AM #16

Not sure how important this is, but Google Finance AAPL again lists Steve Jobs as Chief Executive Officer, Director, which hasn’t been the case since January.

Posted: 22 June 2009 11:05 AM #17

litespeed - 22 June 2009 01:30 PM

aapl is set to have a great day if the markets turn around. If not, at least it’s not going to fall off of a cliff.

Perhaps not cliff diving, but it is down $3 from 30 minutes ago.  :evil:

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 22 June 2009 11:11 AM #18

Reasonable Take by Fox News

Signature

ldrhawke

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups or of Hedge Funds that Naked Short Sell aapl

Posted: 22 June 2009 11:50 AM #19

Thank God for the 1 million announcement and SJ story.

If not we would be around 133 right now.

Lets hope the market recovers tomorrow so we can see 140 again.

• Posted: 22 June 2009 11:58 AM #20

omacvi - 22 June 2009 02:50 PM

Ditto.  Apple selling more phones in same time period in fewer markets, we should see some continued sales #s to buoy the stock ahead.  The overall market is a concern, however.

Posted: 22 June 2009 12:02 PM #21

Looks like we may get there anyway.  :-(

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 22 June 2009 12:04 PM #22

willrob - 22 June 2009 01:55 PM

Not sure how important this is, but Google Finance AAPL again lists Steve Jobs as Chief Executive Officer, Director, which hasn’t been the case since January.

I think it’s being overlooked.  Jobs is back as CEO ... for now.  I think many , including myself, believe he will have a reduced role but his presence is important. 

I’m really amazed to read several headlines which imply “the stock is up 68% since Jobs took his leave ... does Apple really need Jobs” ... total nonsense.  The stock is up due to market conditions .. I wish someone with half a brain could address these morons on our financial networks. 

Anyone who understands tech should know that successful companies have plans years ahead of where they are and then the goal is to execute those plans.  Apple has a vision that is long term and Jobs return or eventual departure will not change that vision for years to come.  I’m happy Jobs is returning and I wish him and his family the best, regardless of how long he stays on in a functional role ...  in my mind he will always be the face of Apple and without his return many years ago I doubt Apple would still be around today.

After hearing the news regarding the launch of 3gs ... I feel better than ever being a APPL long.  Selling that many phones in this economic environment says something ...  Can you just imagine this Christmas quarter ?  I’m sitting tight and waiting for Apple to hit some new highs in the near term ... I’d predict sooner than most think ....

Posted: 22 June 2009 12:09 PM #23

Gtrplyr - 22 June 2009 03:04 PM

I’m really amazed to read several headlines which imply “the stock is up 68% since Jobs took his leave ... does Apple really need Jobs” ... total nonsense.  The stock is up due to market conditions .. I wish someone with half a brain could address these morons on our financial networks.

The media is reeling from a downsizing everywhere phenomena, hitting them the hardest.

Therefore, they hire the cheapest labor they can find that can spell, will NOT pay for older experienced help.

You can tell the headline writers are kids out of school, a stock goes up or down, and the headlines go something like this….

“China stocks plunge because Obama sneezes”

“Good news, Citi lost 7 Billion, less than expected”

“Market soars, out of work consumers rally on lower consumer prices”

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 22 June 2009 12:11 PM #24

Ignore

[ Edited: 22 June 2009 12:39 PM by TanToday ]

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 22 June 2009 12:22 PM #25

I bought at 137.14.  Now let’s open the 3Gs to ALL markets!  Scotty, give me more production!

Posted: 22 June 2009 12:46 PM #26

Mercel - 22 June 2009 02:58 PM

Ditto.  Apple selling more phones in same time period in fewer markets, we should see some continued sales #s to buoy the stock ahead.  The overall market is a concern, however.

The World Banks says that panhandling futures will be up as the global world market contracts more than expected.

http://www.worldbank.org/

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 22 June 2009 12:47 PM #27

Although there’s plenty of focus on Jobs’ health, there are quite a few stocks down 5-6% (mostly commodities or energy related). They can’t be all down because Steve had surgery 2 months ago. If the market hadn’t been down so much AAPL would be firmly in the green.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 22 June 2009 01:33 PM #28

wheeles - 22 June 2009 03:47 PM

Although there’s plenty of focus on Jobs’ health, there are quite a few stocks down 5-6% (mostly commodities or energy related). They can’t be all down because Steve had surgery 2 months ago. If the market hadn’t been down so much AAPL would be firmly in the green.

FDIC closed three banks over the weekend and the FDIC says it needs more money.

http://www.mortgageorb.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.3730

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 22 June 2009 02:31 PM #29

ToS shows a huge spike in the volume, 1M shares, at 13:25 with no corresponding change in stock price, nor can I see any news. Am I missing something?

Signature

Tightwad.

• Posted: 22 June 2009 02:56 PM #30

Eric Landstrom - 22 June 2009 03:46 PM
    Mercel - 22 June 2009 02:58 PM

The World Banks says that panhandling futures will be up as the global world market contracts more than expected.

http://www.worldbank.org/

Peter Cardillo, chief market economist at brokerage house Avalon Partners Inc., said stock investors want to see stability in commodity prices - not a surge or a tumble. A sharp rise in commodity prices is hurts consumers, while a sharp drop is sign of weak demand around the world.

In other words, whatever happens investors will work hard to make it into bad news.