AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 22 June 2009 03:42 PM #31

After opening higher today, then selling off with the market, AAPL bottomed out in late morning at 136.33, then trended higher, even while the market continued to test lower lows.  Now, AAPL has broken above 137 again and seems to be heading higher. 

Any predictions as to where we go into the close today, and for the week?

Posted: 22 June 2009 03:50 PM #32

ApplecoreD - 22 June 2009 06:42 PM

After opening higher today, then selling off with the market, AAPL bottomed out in late morning at 136.33, then trended higher, even while the market continued to test lower lows.  Now, AAPL has broken above 137 again and seems to be heading higher. 

I think AAPL could go up another buck before the day is done. Not sure where it will close though. Of course, I could be very wrong.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 22 June 2009 04:13 PM #33

I’m not betting on AAPL’s direction for the week. While 3G S sales numbers through the week (and the quarter) will remain impressive, there are a number of wild cards including but not limited to: Investor concerns about the SJ health matter, tension in Iraq and North Korea, consumer and investor fatigue about the performance of the economy and questions concerning the slowdown (or change) in the pace of the president’s economic plans and proposals.

The economy continues to show weakness and many elements needed for a return to economic growth are influenced much more by time than immediate government action. Commodity prices remain a concern and length of the recession will weigh on the market for some time.

Long-term I’m bullish on Apple and see a return to new highs within 12 months. But that won’t happen today, tomorrow or next month.

• Posted: 22 June 2009 04:17 PM #34

Also the FED meets this week, and Uncle Ben chats with congress about the BAC/ML strong arm merger. Financials are down today, and may keep going lower as the week progresses, dragging the market down with them

• Posted: 22 June 2009 04:18 PM #35

DawnTreader - 22 June 2009 07:13 PM

I’m not betting on AAPL’s direction for the week. While 3G S sales numbers through the week (and the quarter) will remain impressive, there are a number of wild cards including but not limited to: Investor concerns about the SJ health matter, tension in Iraq and North Korea, consumer and investor fatigue about the performance of the economy and questions concerning the slowdown (or change) in the pace of the president’s economic plans and proposals.

The economy continues to show weakness and many elements needed for a return to economic growth are influenced much more by time than immediate government action. Commodity prices remain a concern and length of the recession will weigh on the market for some time.

Long-term I’m bullish on Apple and see a return to new highs within 12 months. But that won’t happen today, tomorrow or next month.

DT, I think that sounds like the right scenario.

Signature

“Mom, someone’s wrong on the internet again”

Posted: 22 June 2009 05:04 PM #36

wheeles - 22 June 2009 06:50 PM

I think AAPL could go up another buck before the day is done. Not sure where it will close though. Of course, I could be very wrong.

It only went up another 50 cents before the indices went into a big meltdown into the close. Shame, as it was holding up better than most other stocks.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 22 June 2009 05:06 PM #37

Icarus, I like range bound junk. What goes up must come down.  grin

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 22 June 2009 05:15 PM #38

The Pumpkin is coming! The Pumpkin is coming!

Lovely day in the market!

SDS gained 5.6%
    SRS gained 10.5%
    SKF +10.6%
    FAZ +15.5%

Just a lovely day! Luv it!  I’m sure Glenn Neely is smiling!

P.S.  Expect a bounce tomorrow.

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 22 June 2009 05:46 PM #39

litespeed - 22 June 2009 07:18 PM
    DawnTreader - 22 June 2009 07:13 PM

DT, I think that sounds like the right scenario.

DT is good at reading economical conditions and fundamentals.  However, he has a hard time reading tea leaves of price actions.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 22 June 2009 05:51 PM #40

cramar - 22 June 2009 08:15 PM

The Pumpkin is coming! The Pumpkin is coming!

Lovely day in the market!

SDS gained 5.6%
    SRS gained 10.5%
    SKF +10.6%
    FAZ +15.5%

Just a lovely day! Luv it!  I’m sure Glenn Neely is smiling!

P.S.  Expect a bounce tomorrow.

Good job.  I’m thinking of buying those too.  Can I just treat them as share from a tax perspective i.e. tax is incurred only when you have sold.  Or tax is incurred for any gains at the end of the day because it is always marked to market?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 22 June 2009 06:28 PM #41

Eric Landstrom - 22 June 2009 08:06 PM

Well, it did reach my target in AH, but sadly I had already dumped my position at the close. I don’t know the reason for the sudden spike up in AH but I am guessing CNBC.

Signature

• Posted: 22 June 2009 06:30 PM #42

wheeles - 22 June 2009 09:28 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 22 June 2009 08:06 PM

Well, it did reach my target in AH, but sadly I had already dumped my position at the close. I don’t know the reason for the sudden spike up in AH but I am guessing CNBC.

SJ is back at work at Apple. He was seen on the Apple campus - confirmed by several people.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 22 June 2009 10:41 PM #43

OT: New Safari is fantabulous.  The multi-window of your most commonly visited sites when you open a new tab is just sick.

Signature

The ends don’t justify the means…

• Posted: 22 June 2009 10:59 PM #44

Looks like Apple converted a lot of Blackberry users over the weekend: 12% of the new 3G S purchases were switchers (from RIMM)

See here:  http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/06/22/12_of_early_iphone_3g_buyers_report_ditching_their_blackberry.html

• Posted: 22 June 2009 11:32 PM #45

Tuesday

R4         154.11
      midpoint   151.50
    R3       148.88
      midpoint   146.27
    R2       143.65
      midpoint   142.08
    R1       140.51
      midpoint   139.47
    PP       138.42
      midpoint   136.85