AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 30 June 2009 01:25 PM #16

Eric Landstrom - 30 June 2009 03:08 PM

Citi is dangling an offer to buy a new issue of preferred to common shareholders. I need to puzzle this one out.

Meanwhile foreclosure data is weighing on the market.

But we’re all going to buy junk at RAD (the squeeze plays on grin  :wink:  LOL ) and drive Fords to get there!

Sweet.

Anything Citi sells, you don’t want.  Trust me!

Signature

The ends don’t justify the means…

Posted: 30 June 2009 01:46 PM #17

Mayor Quimby - 30 June 2009 04:25 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 30 June 2009 03:08 PM

Citi is dangling an offer to buy a new issue of preferred to common shareholders. I need to puzzle this one out.

Meanwhile foreclosure data is weighing on the market.

But we’re all going to buy junk at RAD (the squeeze plays on grin  :wink:  LOL ) and drive Fords to get there!

Sweet.

Anything Citi sells, you don’t want.  Trust me!

Mike, you hurt my feeling?and it’s an over-leveraged feeling at that.  LOL

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 30 June 2009 01:51 PM #18

AAPL is easy to day trade today. Finds resistance at the 20 EMA on the 5 minute chart since 9:50 this morning. Every time it breaks above that resistance, it’s an easy short. As long as the20 EMA keeps declining. If it reverses, I will change my strategy.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 30 June 2009 02:27 PM #19

Anyone else hear about a “special event” being planned for August, along with a Steve Jobs appearance?

Posted: 30 June 2009 02:29 PM #20

joel90069 - 30 June 2009 05:27 PM

Anyone else hear about a “special event” being planned for August, along with a Steve Jobs appearance?

A Global Product Manager has said too much.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 30 June 2009 03:04 PM #21

joel90069 - 30 June 2009 05:27 PM

Nope.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 30 June 2009 03:19 PM #22

Via looprumors

Reliable sources have told LOOPRumors that Apple?s CEO Steve Jobs will mark his first public appearance since his liver transplant surgery at a ?Special Event? to be held in August.
    The iPods are most likely to see refreshes around this time, with recent rumors indicating that Apple will add camera functionality to both the iPod touch and iPod nano lines.
    Additionally, recent news suggests the iMacs may see refreshes in time for the education buyers with price cuts.
    Most importantly, however, the event should quell speculation of the condition of the CEO?s health.

• Posted: 30 June 2009 04:17 PM #23

Eric and Artman finally have a senator. Here

Posted: 30 June 2009 04:28 PM #24

pats - 30 June 2009 06:19 PM

Most importantly, however, the event should quell speculation of the condition of the CEO?s health.

Or that will be the sole focus of their attention with plenty of talk of him looking a bit thin and jaundiced.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 30 June 2009 04:37 PM #25

willrob - 30 June 2009 07:17 PM

Eric and Artman finally have a senator. Here

On behalf of Minnesota, I apologize.

Franken is in because we had a third party candidate run for office who received what would have otherwise been Republican votes.

Our bad. So sorry.

Signature

• Posted: 30 June 2009 04:56 PM #26

wheeles - 30 June 2009 07:28 PM
    pats - 30 June 2009 06:19 PM

Or that will be the sole focus of their attention with plenty of talk of him looking a bit thin and jaundiced.

My thoughts exactly. Not sure if this is the best idea. SJ is back at work - at least part time - and that should be it. Apple doesn’t need more rumors surrounding the condition of SJ. Everyone knows that this will be the focal point in case he comes on stage and announces new products.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 30 June 2009 05:03 PM #27

For our traders that don’t reside in the U.S. on this board, don’t forget that Friday the market is closed b/c of July 4th.

So Thursday will be a very interesting day with initial claims and unemployment data announced.

Btw - very weird close for AAPL. In the last couple of seconds I have 2 ticks, one at $142 and one at $142.89 and we closed at $142.43 - 1 cent below the Friday close. Basically 2 days of trading for a change of 1 cent!!  :oh:

Signature

Posted: 30 June 2009 05:09 PM #28

Plato - 30 June 2009 08:03 PM

For our traders that don’t reside in the U.S. on this board, don’t forget that Friday the market is closed b/c of July 4th.

So Thursday will be a very interesting day with initial claims and unemployment data announced.

Btw - very weird close for AAPL. In the last couple of seconds I have 2 ticks, one at $142 and one at $142.89 and we closed at $142.43 - 1 cent below the Friday close. Basically 2 days of trading for a change of 1 cent!!  :oh:

Yep. Fourth of July is the day we all run out into the street and shoot our guns straight up. Yeehaw.

At the Landstrom homestead we’ve been practicing by shooting at things that drive by.

Signature

• Posted: 30 June 2009 05:15 PM #29

Eric Landstrom - 30 June 2009 08:09 PM
    Plato - 30 June 2009 08:03 PM

Yep. Fourth of July is the day we all run out into the street and shoot our guns straight up. Yeehaw.

At the Landstrom homestead we’ve been practicing by shooting at things that drive by.

I always had a feeling that you people in Minnesota are kind of different ....  :-o

Thanks for info ... so I know what state to avoid driving through on the 4th. 

Any other state out there that shoot at by-passers???

Signature

Posted: 30 June 2009 05:20 PM #30

Plato - 30 June 2009 08:15 PM

Any other state out there that shoot at by-passers???

Some parts of California, I hear.

Signature