AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 02 July 2009 01:19 PM #61

Eric Landstrom - 02 July 2009 04:01 PM

Moreover the credit crunch has helped more people get back on their feet: after their house and cars are repossessed and more and more bankers are optimistically ironing five shirts on Sunday nights. I’m telling you that things are getting better, better every day.

You know, Eric…I’m never *quite* certain whether you’re being sarcastic or serious.

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 02 July 2009 01:22 PM #62

sstenner - 02 July 2009 04:19 PM

Moreover the credit crunch has helped more people get back on their feet: after their house and cars are repossessed and more and more bankers are optimistically ironing five shirts on Sunday nights. I’m telling you that things are getting better, better every day.

You know, Eric…I’m never *quite* certain whether you’re being sarcastic or serious.

It’s a gift.  grin

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 02 July 2009 01:39 PM #63

Eric Landstrom - 02 July 2009 04:22 PM

Moreover the credit crunch has helped more people get back on their feet: after their house and cars are repossessed and more and more bankers are optimistically ironing five shirts on Sunday nights. I’m telling you that things are getting better, better every day ...

It’s a gift.  grin

He is a Swiss.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 02 July 2009 01:40 PM #64

Where is the green shoot?

Graphic of Job Losses

Signature

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”    - Jesse Livermore

Posted: 02 July 2009 01:40 PM #65

Apparently the average time it’s taking people to find a new job after losing their previous one, is currently 22.5 weeks. That’s up significantly.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 02 July 2009 01:53 PM #66

dc930 - 02 July 2009 02:32 PM

... For some reason, TheStreet.com always puts a negative slant on AAPL news.  I’m not sure who David MacDougall is, but he puts up the usual flimsy arguments: ... - And finally, this gem:

Despite recent outperformance, investors who bought Apple at this time last year have lost money. With a one-year return of minus 16%, Apple’s performance leaves something to be desired.

His original name is David B. Yoffie.  Read his 2004’s article.  Relevant quote ” ... if you invested a dollar in Apple in 1992, it would be worth $.79 today.”  At today’s (not his today which is 2004) price, it would be worth $7 to $14.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 02 July 2009 02:05 PM #67

Mace - 02 July 2009 04:39 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 02 July 2009 04:22 PM

Moreover the credit crunch has helped more people get back on their feet: after their house and cars are repossessed and more and more bankers are optimistically ironing five shirts on Sunday nights. I’m telling you that things are getting better, better every day ...

It’s a gift.  grin

He is a Swiss.

My umlauts need to get out more.

Eric Landstr?m.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 02 July 2009 02:06 PM #68

Mace - 02 July 2009 04:53 PM
    dc930 - 02 July 2009 02:32 PM

... For some reason, TheStreet.com always puts a negative slant on AAPL news.  I’m not sure who David MacDougall is, but he puts up the usual flimsy arguments: ... - And finally, this gem:

Despite recent outperformance, investors who bought Apple at this time last year have lost money. With a one-year return of minus 16%, Apple’s performance leaves something to be desired.

His original name is David B. Yoffie.  Read his 2004’s article.  Relevant quote ” ... if you invested a dollar in Apple in 1992, it would be worth $.79 today.”  At today’s (not his today which is 2004) price, it would be worth $7 to $14.

Don’t think that’s the same guy, Mace…maybe a similar schtick, but different person.

Signature

Steph :apple:
    Id quot circumiret, circumveniat

Posted: 02 July 2009 03:11 PM #69

Rut-row: if the lines intersect, and then interconnect, you must correct! Technicians are calling for a market-wide 5-15% correction to the downside to take place over the summer. Somewhere bond guy Mayor Quimby along with Bill Gross are cheering even as I bounce in on the dead cat taking place right now in the financial sector.

On the upside I filled up my pick-up last night with 32 gallons of goodness for $2.42 a gallon. Sweet!

Signature

• Posted: 02 July 2009 03:48 PM #70

Eric Landstrom - 02 July 2009 06:11 PM

On the upside I filled up my pick-up last night with 32 gallons of goodness for $2.42 a gallon. Sweet!

Is that so you and the misses aren’t confined to shooting from the front yard?

• Posted: 02 July 2009 03:58 PM #71

Here’s another distraction that could spur discussion. From the We Already Knew That Department.

Posted: 02 July 2009 04:35 PM #72

willrob - 02 July 2009 06:48 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 02 July 2009 06:11 PM

Is that so you and the misses aren’t confined to shooting from the front yard?

The misses is my older sister who’d popped over to help garden.

A couple of weeks ago my little nephew, the sniper, was hitting a target that was set out at 893 meters (a tad over one-half mile) with a .338 Lapua, which when you consider the round has a 135” drop at that range and around a 55” drift in a 10 mph crosswind shows that familiarity and practice make perfect.

Signature

Posted: 02 July 2009 04:37 PM #73

willrob - 02 July 2009 06:58 PM

Here’s another distraction that could spur discussion. From the We Already Knew That Department.

Back in the twenties Goldman was a minor player in the bulge bracket but nowadays everybody knows that Goldman secretly controls the universe since the NYSE is nicknamed the Goldman exchange. There was an article along the same lines in Equities Magazine a couple of years back.

Signature

Posted: 02 July 2009 04:39 PM #74

Was the target that big Paul Bunyon guy?

PS, I know that’s in ND, but maybe you can see it from your porch just like SP can see Russia.

[ Edited: 02 July 2009 04:41 PM by macglenn ]

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 02 July 2009 04:55 PM #75

macglenn - 02 July 2009 07:39 PM

Was the target that big Paul Bunyon guy?

PS, I know that’s in ND, but maybe you can see it from your porch just like SP can see Russia.

Actually no: Paul Bunyan is a Minnesota thing and they’ve got Paul Bunyans in Akley, Bemidji, and Brainerd Minnesota. Akeley is famous for its Woodtick Theater and if you happen to find yourself in Hubbard County, Em’s Caf? in Akeley is the only place in the county where you can get a good latt?.

Signature