Which tech titan is the best buy at current prices?

Posted: 09 July 2009 04:57 PM

I don’t which one is the best buy but I voted AAPL in this article.  If the est growth rate is correct, AMZN is obviously too expensive.

Mod note: Title edited (shortened) by DT

[ Edited: 09 July 2009 09:29 PM by DawnTreader ]

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 09 July 2009 06:42 PM #1

I also think Amazon is a bit expensive, but if the P/E comes back into the 30s I’ll buy.  I own both Apple and Google which to me target two different areas in the high tech business. Lately I’m trying to figure out what new direction Google is heading. I thought for a long time that Apple and Google were in bed together against Mr Softie.  Google obviously wants to own the cloud and will monetize once they suck you in to their services.  Free doesn’t pay the bills.  Apple always has a high cost of entry but then throws little bones at their fan club to make us feel better. I think a long term tech investor could/should look seriously at all three.  I’ve been in and out of Amazon a few times, but the current price is a bit rich.  I’m happy with Apple which I think is extremely undervalued for a tech juggernaut and with Google I’m waiting for the recovery from the recession to see where valuations fall once the advertising business picks up.

Posted: 09 July 2009 09:21 PM #2

Any good company with cash on its books, little debt and growth that trades under 10x earnings is a good buy.

Yes, I’m serious.

Signature

The ends don’t justify the means…

Posted: 10 July 2009 08:19 AM #3

Why not look at companies that have a good chance of becoming a tech titan, rather than one that already is? The tech titans have become trading vehicles. Most do not pay dividends. On that basis I don’t see why any are worthwhile long-term holds, and that includes AAPL. As earnings grow, the p/e will shrink.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore