4th FQ iPhone Sales

• Posted: 19 July 2009 07:23 PM

What should we be looking for in iPhone sales domestically and internationally in Apple’s fiscal fourth quester ending in September?

I’m trying to get a read on the anticipated sales momentum for the quarter and the lead up to the Christmas season. I suspect in a challenging economy subsidized handset devices will continue to be popular and by the virtue of the iPhone’s rising sales continue to lead developers to the platform.

Posted: 19 July 2009 08:22 PM #1

I think the 4th quarter will include plenty of channel fill for the 3GS so I’m inclined to think they will sell what they build,  which I’m guessing 700-800K per week based on last years IMEI analysis.  Depending on the current qtr number I’m looking for around 4.5M this qtr and 8M next.  If we get the China launch I would add in another 1M.

• Posted: 19 July 2009 09:22 PM #2

pats, are you saying 4.5 million units in the June quarter and 8 million units in the September quarter?

Posted: 20 July 2009 10:13 AM #3

That is what I am saying a total of 12.5M but the split might be slightly different between the two quarters.  I’m not sure when Apple books shipments to carriers and since the launch was so close to the end of the quarter, some of the shipments could end up in the June or Sept qtr.  Does anyone know who owns units during transit from the China factory to their carrier destinations?