OT: Scenic Minnesota

• Posted: 28 July 2009 01:23 AM

Eric Landstrom - 28 July 2009 03:38 AM

[...]snowmobiles and airplanes.

I’ll be taking US 2 across northern Minnesota in late August.  How high will the snow be by then?

Posted: 28 July 2009 11:00 AM #1

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 28 July 2009 01:57 PM #2

capablanca - 28 July 2009 04:23 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 28 July 2009 03:38 AM

[...]snowmobiles and airplanes.

I’ll be taking US 2 across northern Minnesota in late August.  How high will the snow be by then?

There will not be any snow. US Route 2 is also known as the Paul Bunyan Expressway. You’ll enjoy the view if you’re heading east coming into Duluth and you may get some fall colors on our deciduous trees while the conifers remain green. Basically you’ll be driving through this kind of thing.

[ Edited: 28 July 2009 02:08 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 28 July 2009 11:08 PM #3

Nice photo, Eric.  Thanks.  And it is not an exaggeration of the beauty of northern MN.

We shall be heading west in my 1-ton Super Duty.  This will be my 3rd US2 trek.  All the way to Washington the 1st time.  Turned around at St. Mary’s MT the next time.

Posted: 29 July 2009 12:21 PM #4

capablanca - 29 July 2009 02:08 AM

Nice photo, Eric.  Thanks.  And it is not an exaggeration of the beauty of northern MN.

We shall be heading west in my 1-ton Super Duty.  This will be my 3rd US2 trek.  All the way to Washington the 1st time.  Turned around at St. Mary’s MT the next time.

It should be accurate since the road is US 2. Smile.

Pulling a fifth wheel?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 29 July 2009 01:53 PM #5

Eric Landstrom - 29 July 2009 03:21 PM

[...]
    Pulling a fifth wheel?

Yes indeed.  But with the F350 it will be as if nothing is back there.  Destinations: Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons ...

Posted: 29 July 2009 02:18 PM #6

capablanca - 29 July 2009 04:53 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 29 July 2009 03:21 PM

[...]
    Pulling a fifth wheel?

Yes indeed.  But with the F350 it will be as if nothing is back there.  Destinations: Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons ...

Sounds like fun! We’ll all hail the Queen Mary as you sail by in passing.

Signature

Posted: 29 July 2009 03:11 PM #7

Cool! Minnesota has its own thread now. How awesome is that?

Kiss the Hamptons goodbye and move to Minnesota.

Signature

• Posted: 29 July 2009 03:55 PM #8

I would never move there—too many people of Scandinavian origin.

Posted: 29 July 2009 04:15 PM #9

deasys - 29 July 2009 06:55 PM

I would never move there—too many people of Scandinavian origin.

Minnesota isn’t called the Swedish Riviera for nothing!  grin

Signature

• Posted: 29 July 2009 05:48 PM #10

... and the place is ate up with Finns. Especially up around the Iron Range.

Perkele! Liikaa Suomalaisia!

• Posted: 29 July 2009 06:18 PM #11

Nein!  Minnesota’s #1 descendant origin the last I knew was Germany.  I believe that Bill Murray nailed it in Stripes when he said we’re a nation of mutts.  smile

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 29 July 2009 07:02 PM #12

The Danes make a showing. My parents are from Tyler, MN, pop. about 1300 maybe smile

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

Posted: 29 July 2009 07:41 PM #13

BillH - 29 July 2009 09:18 PM

Nein!  Minnesota’s #1 descendant origin the last I knew was Germany.  I believe that Bill Murray nailed it in Stripes when he said we’re a nation of mutts.  smile

What we like about the Germans is that they brew local beer that tastes like fancy imported beer but costs a buck a glass at the local municipal liquor store and comes in cans. For the rest of Minnesota we have 30 breweries not to mention the hundreds of short run brews out there like all of the Octoberfest biers coming in month or two that’ll draw me into Brauhaus.

Signature

Posted: 29 July 2009 07:59 PM #14

Eric Landstrom - 29 July 2009 10:41 PM

For the rest of Minnesota we have 30 breweries not to mention the hundreds of short run brews out there like all of the Octoberfest biers coming in month or two that’ll draw me into Brauhaus.

Only 30? :wink:

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 29 July 2009 11:16 PM #15

Play Ultimate - 29 July 2009 10:59 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 29 July 2009 10:41 PM

For the rest of Minnesota we have 30 breweries not to mention the hundreds of short run brews out there like all of the Octoberfest biers coming in month or two that’ll draw me into Brauhaus.

Only 30? :wink:

But I was talking about good beer made by people singing German polkas.

Signature