midpoint   163.33
    S3       162.44
      midpoint   161.56
    S4       160.67

• Posted: 04 August 2009 09:20 AM #47

Eric Landstrom - 04 August 2009 02:10 AM
    willrob - 04 August 2009 12:13 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 03 August 2009 08:01 PM

.... As a result I’ve got a lot of balls in the air right now.

Luckily you have your trading assistant standing by to fetch any you drop.

Bill knows what it is like when a ball gets away.

Bill the Dog? Short for William?  :-D

Posted: 04 August 2009 10:32 AM #48

Eric Landstrom - 04 August 2009 02:10 AM

Bill knows what it is like when a ball gets away.

Always use stops. Looks like Bill has a stop around his neck for the invisible fence. Good dog.

Posted: 04 August 2009 10:33 AM #49

Looks like we’ll be getting a round of selling to unwind those oscillators from overbought. The S&P uptrend line is at approximately 992. There’s strong support at 956 and resistance at 1035.

It would take a week or more of selling to unwind the dailies, but no more than two days to unwind the 60s.

-ernie

Signature

Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits
    -Wish you were here

Posted: 04 August 2009 11:11 AM #50

Mercel - 04 August 2009 12:20 PM

Bill the Dog? Short for William?  :-D

Short for T-Bill.

[ Edited: 04 August 2009 11:13 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 04 August 2009 11:45 AM #51

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The sponge used his iPhone while in the Trump Hotel lobby to dump most of his aapl stock yesterday.  Despite busy crowds in Vegas, one can tell that the real estate bubble is far from completely deflating.  The stock market went up so fast July , that I feel better being out of the market more then being in it.  I still sense a correction, but as to how much, I don’t know.

I still own a few shares in each account.  Not sure when I will jump back in, but I have learned to take my profits and not cry over lost opportunities to make more.

At this point I just want to buy a bunch of shares in the 120.  I may have my chance later this year or next year.  The economy can struggle for quite a while and the market will drag aapl down with it.

Posted: 04 August 2009 12:54 PM #52

Apple execs reportedly flying to China

Signature

-Wish you were here

Posted: 04 August 2009 01:17 PM #53

omacvi - 04 August 2009 02:45 PM

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The sponge used his iPhone while in the Trump Hotel lobby to dump most of his aapl stock yesterday.  Despite busy crowds in Vegas, one can tell that the real estate bubble is far from completely deflating.  The stock market went up so fast July , that I feel better being out of the market more then being in it.  I still sense a correction, but as to how much, I don’t know.

I still own a few shares in each account.  Not sure when I will jump back in, but I have learned to take my profits and not cry over lost opportunities to make more.

At this point I just want to buy a bunch of shares in the 120.  I may have my chance later this year or next year.  The economy can struggle for quite a while and the market will drag aapl down with it.

The bears who are in denial* and hopeful that the mortgage defaults will leg the market lower than last March are pumping the gospel that we’re creating a bubble. Apparently you’ve been influenced by them. Other people who want some kind of pullback are technicians, who I should point out, haven been right all summer except when they suggested that perhaps the market will go up even higher before consolidating.

Meanwhile the man on the street is doing a couple of things: Remembering my two America thesis I believe that first America is winding down home improvement projects (at least we are in my neighborhood) and will soon be employing less summer labor. My view is that rather than consuming with the money coming in that isn’t spent on hired help as has been done in prior years, first America will look for market opportunities while spending money guardedly. In other words, first Americas default is to somewhat honor the recession. Meanwhile I believe that second America will continue to lose some jobs and will remain freaked out about paying down debt while at the same time increasing its default rate because like it or not, second America has less money because of pay cuts as well as increased energy costs. Cyclically, the cool kids are going to look at rolling into natural gas to play the annual cycle.

What I believe we will see on an overarching level is a gradual leveling of debt and spending based upon fiscal responsibility where people don’t exceed three times their annual household income on home loans or 25% of their annual income on auto loans. I believe this will be forced upon us because of two main factors:

1) The prime rate will be raised. In order to fuel .gov spending, T-bill must be sold and nobody wants to purchase upsidedown T-bills. To make that market more attractive as well as to aggressively resolve other debt, the Fed will inflate interest rates.

2) For every percent on every 100K lent, the consumer pays an additional C-Note per month. Mr. and Mrs. Insolvent may quality for a loan at 5.25% but will they at 8%? En masse I think that higher interest rates will do what inflation is intended to do: it’ll resolve our debt but the cost will be a slower recovery. What this means is that there will be a natural reduction in commerce.

Eric Landstrom

* These are the investors who were not clever enough to exercise market discipline by covering their short positions already.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 04 August 2009 01:18 PM #54

erntheburn - 04 August 2009 03:54 PM

They do that all the time. I know this because a fellow family member goes AWOL to China all too often.

Signature

Posted: 04 August 2009 01:42 PM #55

Reporters are on Bloomberg (again) talking about how Spanked by America has only modified 4% of its eligible home loans compared to its peers like JPM which has modified 20% and Citi which has modified 15%. Duh. BAC has 25% of the mortgage business. Why hasn’t anybody bothered looking at the scale? Bad reporter: no dinner.

I’m talking my book.

Signature

Posted: 04 August 2009 01:47 PM #56

Eric Landstrom - 04 August 2009 04:18 PM

... They do that all the time. I know this because a fellow family member goes AWOL to China all too often.

He has a secret overseas wife.  Common for businessmen and well compensated corporate executive.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 04 August 2009 02:01 PM #57

Yeah, but this has been a pretty regular (e.g., weekly) activity for years.  Something to do with negotiations and manufacturing being ‘over there’...

Posted: 04 August 2009 02:24 PM #58

m_j_paquette - 04 August 2009 05:01 PM

Yeah, but this has been a pretty regular (e.g., weekly) activity for years.  Something to do with negotiations and manufacturing being ‘over there’...

I don’t know who these “execs” are, but the article seems to indicate that these people are not the usual delegation.

Signature

-Wish you were here

Posted: 04 August 2009 02:30 PM #59

Paltry AAPL volume again.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 04 August 2009 03:20 PM #60

Greg Joswiak heads to China as China Unicom iPhone deal looms
    Tue, 08/04/2009 - 01:39 ? Jonny Evans

Senior Apple staff will visit China to get into top level negotiations with China Unicom to discuss launch of the product in the country, local Chinese media reports this morning claim.

“Senior officials from Apple Inc are to visit China this week, and they haven’t arrived in Beijing yet,” a source told Sina.com. “Apple’s branch company in China are ready for the reception, and informed China Unicom about this earlier.?

Executives from both firms are likely to discuss the launch strategy for the iPhone in China, with Apple officials also likely to meet with the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.