Snow Leopard Compatibility, Bugs and Quirks

Posted: 03 September 2009 08:01 AM #16

SL install went fine, on late 2008 24” iMac, but locked up at restart on original macbook powered down and on again and install resumed and finished correctly.

My Parallels ver 3.0 opened with a message that I needed to upgrade to version 4.0. I only use Windows to test websites in IE so I have set up http://www.virtualbox.org/ and it is working fine plus it is free.

Bento 1.x crashes on launch Filemaker website says I need to purchase 2.0.5 not sure I will bother as I had only just paid (but long enough not to qualify for free update)  for version 1 when they launched ver 2.

Rapidweaver will not open files with the current version but this is solved by installing a release candidate of the next version http://www.realmacsoftware.com/blog/index_files/rapidweaver-43-rc1.php#unique-entry-id-50

Coda has an update for SL

Yojimbo has a free update for SL or a paid update to version 2 smile

• Posted: 03 September 2009 11:53 AM #17

Installed last Friday and have had no real problems with any mission critical apps (Creative Suite/FileMaker 9) but had a couple of minor niggles.

The installer for the Logitech Control Center pref pane for my MX Revolution isn’t compatible with SN. The workaround is to ‘show package contents’  and install from the contents. Once installed however the LCC pref pane disables the ability to change the modifier keys on my Logitech keyboard. The only way around this is to uninstall which means losing the functionality of the mouse. Not impressive from Logitech considering this is not a cheap mouse!

Bento 2.05 which is compatible with SN won’t recognise Exchange information in iCal and Address Book. I had a reply from Filemaker via their forum saying that this was not a supported feature. While this isn’t a bug, it’s a shame because the Exchange 2007 support is awesome.

• Posted: 24 November 2009 01:44 PM #18

Hi there!
    Can I upgrade to snow leopard on my macbook pro? I have an INTEL CORE DUO 2.16 GHz (not a core 2 duo) memory 1GB   667MHZ RAM the build is 10.4.11
    I’m thinking I’ll get the disc that includes ilife also. I understand though that I need a core 2 DUO processer, Yet on the apple website when i looked at requirements to upgrade it didn’t mention the core 2 duo but just says you need an INTEL PROCESSER 1GB memory and 5GB of free disc space. Thanks for your help!

Posted: 24 November 2009 02:00 PM #19

denisejc - 24 November 2009 05:44 PM

Hi there!
    Can I upgrade to snow leopard on my macbook pro? I have an INTEL CORE DUO 2.16 GHz (not a core 2 duo) memory 1GB   667MHZ RAM the build is 10.4.11
    I’m thinking I’ll get the disc that includes ilife also. I understand though that I need a core 2 DUO processer, Yet on the apple website when i looked at requirements to upgrade it didn’t mention the core 2 duo but just says you need an INTEL PROCESSER 1GB memory and 5GB of free disc space. Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

• Posted: 24 November 2009 06:05 PM #20

OK thats great! I’ll look forward to getting it and I’ll check out your switching help, thank you.

• Posted: 04 December 2009 09:58 PM #21

I suggest using Ethernet for the first post-install backup. My first backup is measuring almost 9 GBs. I don?t suggest trying to handle that backup over Airport.

• Posted: 27 December 2009 04:52 PM #22

OK thanks for that!

• Posted: 11 February 2010 04:23 PM #23

Help me please!
    I had
    my ram upgraded by 1 gb at the apple approved shop. I had a new battery also. They then put my snow leopard on for me Inc iLife .
    My MacBook seemed ok, but it took a while to shut down a few times and sometimes wouldent shut down unless I used the start/off button.  I went away for a week so didn’t touch it at all. I installed a new printer when I got back, wireless, Epsom stylus sx515 w
    it didn’t go on easily, would do scan copy but no print. After Reading that I should have uninstalled the drivers for the old printer befor I put the new printer on I did the uninstall of the old ones then the new ones then re installed the new ones. All worked. But since then my MacBook kept crashing. Frequently so had to use the button to turn off. I thought I’ll take off the printer so uninstalled it but the MacBook just kept on crashing. I tried the test user account I have on my MacBook which is pure. Was a bit better but after 20 mins it crashed also. I thought ok I’ll try disc utility and do disc repair, but that was unavaable so I did disc verify. No better but said no problem though. So I thought ok I’ll reinstall snow leopard . It wouldn’t do it. So I thought ok I’ll take it back to tiger and use the original disc. That was going ok, then after I put in disc 2 when asked it soon crashed. Now the disc is stuck will not eject and it’s crashed! What do I do please? I know I should have just taken it back to the shop where they installed the ram etc.

• Posted: 11 February 2010 04:30 PM #24

The disc has just popped out after being stuck for 20 mins. I still have a moving cursed but a screen with just square dots