AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 30 August 2009 06:27 PM

Let’s get moving:

What should we expect at Monday’s market open for AAPL. Will the China news create demand for shares?

Recent analyst comments and rising price targets might also give the shares a boost.

[ Edited: 05 September 2009 02:12 PM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 30 August 2009 11:47 PM #1

Monday

R4         182.24
      midpoint   180.26
    R3       178.28
      midpoint   176.30
    R2       174.32
      midpoint   173.25
    R1       172.18
      midpoint   171.27
    PP       170.36
      midpoint   169.29
    S1       168.22
      midpoint   167.31
    S2       166.40
      midpoint   164.42
    S3       162.44
      midpoint   160.46
    S4       158.48

Posted: 31 August 2009 11:06 AM #2

Where is everyone.  PMI higher than expected and is an indicator of ISM which comes out tomorrow and is expected to show growth in manufacturing.  I’m “banking” on a semi rally into the close for those wanting to be in tomorrow AM when ISM is reported and then “sell on the news.”  That’s my game plan for the day.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 31 August 2009 11:39 AM #3

Where is everybody? I’m still loosely on vacation and am looking for the Nordine Strain of burning bush for my landscape project.

Since WSJ came out for a fifth weekend in a row warning of doom and Barron’s talked about how over valued everything was getting over the weekend, I bought off the bell to play a dead cat but am now letting it ride since financials are continuing to trend upward.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 31 August 2009 11:55 AM #4

BTW, there is a rumor that the PPT is responsible for the on-going rally.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 31 August 2009 11:59 AM #5

Eric Landstrom - 31 August 2009 02:55 PM

Didn’t they also kill JFK?

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 31 August 2009 12:01 PM #6

Good Morning Boys and Girls,

The sponge is lurking, but does not have much to add.  A good trade would have been to sell in PM on Friday at 172 and buy back at 167 this morning.  I am about 75% in with a plan on unloading to 50% when we hit around 180.

The market is taking us down this morning due to China news which dragged all markets down overnight.

I downloaded the WSJ app for the iPhone and I love it.  There is a good article regarding Apple and ATT.  Also according to Appleinsider,  Munster this morning is talking about breaking the exclusive deal with ATT next year.  The potential of increased sales is significant.

Lots of good news for Apple.

Good Luck to all.

Posted: 31 August 2009 12:10 PM #7

runedge - 31 August 2009 02:59 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 31 August 2009 02:55 PM

Didn’t they also kill JFK?

You didn’t pick up your tinfoil hat at the door did you?

Signature

Posted: 31 August 2009 01:14 PM #8

Just bought for a trade.  My theory this entire week is we stay flat on the week but have plenty of volatility.  HUGE data this week which personally I think will surprise to the upside and give us a continued rally into early September with possibly that long awaited correction should SPY hit 1100 (ish).  As for today I think we rally into the close with ISM tomorrow AM.  It’s anyone’s guess but I’m trying more these days to have a theory of where the market goes prior to actually making a trade and today I think we stay where we are to possibly down a little more until late this afternoon. Also with China selling off hard last night they are due for a little pop.

Signature

• Posted: 31 August 2009 01:43 PM #9

12:40pm.  Coming up.  Munster on Bloomberg.

• Posted: 31 August 2009 01:59 PM #10

Munster brief highlights:

- Apple to sell 3mm+ units in China in 1st year. 
    - Unicom deal not exclusinve (we knew that); China Mobile deal likely. 
    - Apple clear winner over Blackberry in consumer space.
    - iPhone is more than a product; it is a new paradigm.
    - AT&T exclusive may end as early as next summer.
    - With 3 carriers in France, iPhone has 40% of smartphone market vs. 15% ROW.
    - If iPhone continues to deliver, the stock goes higher.

Posted: 31 August 2009 02:10 PM #11

capablanca - 31 August 2009 04:59 PM

Munster brief highlights:

- Apple to sell 3mm+ units in China in 1st year. 
    - Unicom deal not exclusinve (we knew that); China Mobile deal likely. 
    - Apple clear winner over Blackberry in consumer space.
    - iPhone is more than a product; it is a new paradigm.
    - AT&T exclusive may end as early as next summer.
    - With 3 carriers in France, iPhone has 40% of smartphone market vs. 15% ROW.
    - If iPhone continues to deliver, the stock goes higher.

FWIW, RIMM has tripled sales since the iPhone was released. In other news, I haven’t even listed the city house and people are calling me.

What housing problem?

Signature

• Posted: 31 August 2009 02:18 PM #12

Eric Landstrom - 31 August 2009 05:10 PM

FWIW, RIMM has tripled sales since the iPhone was released. In other news, I haven’t even listed the city house and people are calling me.

What housing problem?

That’s some going Eric. They were giving a phone away with every purchase through the first half of the year and I believe they are re-triggering that as well. So quoting sales is a bit of a cheat. What about profit?

Signature

Posted: 31 August 2009 04:05 PM #13

I have a general investing question…

I am a shareholder in Marvel Entertainment (MVL) which just announced that it is being purchased by Disney.  Closing price on Friday was around $39, and today it jumped 25% to around $49.  Exact terms of the deal are $30/share cash + around 0.75 shares of Disney per share of Marvel.

If I do nothing, will my Marvel shares be converted to Disney shares??  I think I’d rather just sell now, take my gains, and use that money elsewhere.  (A certain fruit company, perhaps?)

Just asking for some insight from people who have been in this situation.  Thanks!

Posted: 31 August 2009 04:14 PM #14

dc930 - 31 August 2009 07:05 PM

I am a shareholder in Marvel Entertainment (MVL) which just announced that it is being purchased by Disney.  Closing price on Friday was around $39, and today it jumped 25% to around $49.  Exact terms of the deal are $30/share cash + around 0.75 shares of Disney per share of Marvel.

If I do nothing, will my Marvel shares be converted to Disney shares??  I think I’d rather just sell now, take my gains, and use that money elsewhere.  (A certain fruit company, perhaps?)

Just asking for some insight from people who have been in this situation.  Thanks!

Book some profits and sell. Off to Gertens Nursery. Ta-ta.

Signature

• Posted: 31 August 2009 04:29 PM #15

dc930 - 31 August 2009 07:05 PM

Yes, depending on the terms of the deal you will get Disney stock for your Marvel.  Can’t advise what you should do.  But what I do in this situation (most of the time) is to sell immediately.  You never go broke taking a nice windfall profit.