AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 07 September 2009 12:27 PM

The NYSE is closed today in observance of the Labor Day holiday. What should we expect for AAPL at Tuesday’s market open?

[ Edited: 12 September 2009 03:59 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 07 September 2009 02:14 PM #1

Asia and Europe are up, so my crystal ball says upward bias smile

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

• Posted: 07 September 2009 04:12 PM #2

Tuesday

R4         180.20
      midpoint   178.39
    R3       176.59
      midpoint   174.78
    R2       172.98
      midpoint   172.31
    R1       171.64
      midpoint   170.51
    PP       169.37
      midpoint   168.70
    S1       168.03
      midpoint   166.90
    S2       165.76
      midpoint   163.95
    S3       162.15
      midpoint   160.34
    S4       158.54

• Posted: 07 September 2009 04:22 PM #3

Not that any Beatles announcement would alter Apple’s tempo much, I’ve changed my prediction and I do NOT think Apple has a deal with the Fab Four on Wednesday.  The most credible snippet on the subject appears below:

“But the use of the Rolling Stones line in the invitation has quieted most proponents of this scenario. It might just be standard Apple misdirection, but a person familiar with the situation told the AP there’s no Beatles-Apple deal. The person was not authorized to talk about the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity. A statement from EMI, the Beatles’ record label, said simply that discussions on digital distribution continue”

• Posted: 07 September 2009 04:38 PM #4

AppleInsider is now speculating that the new iPods w/cameras may not be ready for launch on Wednesday.  No iTablet.  No Beatles.  I’m getting more positive about a “Sell the News” reaction on Wednesday.  Which makes me a buyer, probably.

See here

• Posted: 07 September 2009 05:29 PM #5

Rumors of a delay in the camera equipped iPod Touch are circulating this holiday week end. I’m not sure how it will infuence AAPL on Tuesday, but if true, there could be a change on Wednesday.

Posted: 07 September 2009 10:57 PM #6

M&A heats up - Kraft going after Cadbury going a little hostile, Leading Senator is pushing a bill through with NO public option - that will rally the markets.  Some wind in our sails I would say.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 08 September 2009 12:24 AM #7

Like I read on another site, how can a product that’s never even been announced and so far only exists purely in media speculation be delayed? :-D

• Posted: 08 September 2009 10:05 AM #8

It may not be delayed, but merely in short supply, slow to ship, etc. Since we don’t know when it is supposed to be “available” yet, using the term delayed is inaccurate no matter what the situation. Plus, it’s only a rumor.

• Posted: 08 September 2009 10:22 AM #9

T-Mobile, Orange merge in UK

T-Mobile UK and Orange UK today unveiled plans to merge into a single company. The deal will cost between ?600 million and ?800 million ($982.4 million to $1.3 billion) to implement but should create the single largest British carrier to date, giving the combined entity about 37 percent of the market and 28.4 million users versus O2’s 27 percent. Both also claim improvements for end users as the two should improve coverage by unifying their networks.

Posted: 08 September 2009 10:51 AM #10

In the second leg of a two-leg scaling action, I expanded positions in FRE, FNM, and C on the pullback off of the morning gap up.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 08 September 2009 10:53 AM #11

Markets up partly if not totally because of commodities which are up because the dollar is getting crushed. eur/usd broke out of a narrowing wedge going back to 8/3.  Long term not good for equities.  Sold a trade from Friday this AM for a nice gain.  Trying to keep a position but still be “nimble.”

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 08 September 2009 11:07 AM #12

artman1033 - 08 September 2009 01:57 PM

Katy upgraded AAPL to $200 from $195.

Here is the silly question of the day:

If I am to believe the old saying, “buy the rumor, sell the news”, when is the normal HOD for AAPL prior to an event?

Has anyone ever plotted it?

I am thinking 12:30 or 3:30.

Day before or morning of.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 08 September 2009 11:18 AM #13

runedge - 08 September 2009 01:53 PM

Markets up partly if not totally because of commodities which are up because the dollar is getting crushed. eur/usd broke out of a narrowing wedge going back to 8/3.  Long term not good for equities.  Sold a trade from Friday this AM for a nice gain.  Trying to keep a position but still be “nimble.”

The US markets are also reflecting optimism from Asia and Europe. But I expected even more: in pre-market, the futures for the main indices were up 1%, whereas now the main indices are up 0.5%. Also, Hong Kong closed up 2.14%, which I expected would translate to a similar rise in the US market. AAPL is uncharacteriscally higher than most of the market.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 08 September 2009 11:33 AM #14

artman1033 - 08 September 2009 02:22 PM

3,580,000 shares traded. AAPL at $172.50….

UP !

NICE VOLUME!

Good Morning Boys and Girls

artman,  volume of 3.8 million in the first hour is not that strong.  we are on pace for another sub 13 million shares day, barring big moves.

the sponge is in with only 25%.  lets see what happens this week or two before making any big buys.  Yes we could go past 175 since the market is taking us up.  But I still worry we will drop quite quickly if we do.  We went from 168 to 159 in two days in mid august and then again from 172 to 164 in three days last week.  So anything can happen given the market and this event.

Posted: 08 September 2009 11:58 AM #15

Anyone hear the latest securitization product?  Buy a 1 million life insurance policy for about 400,000 and securitize these.  Heard about it on CNBC.com - amazing…  History repeats itself in the markets as Jesse L said because the markets are all about human nature which never changes (his quote was a tad more eloquent)....

Signature