AAPL Intraday Updates

Posted: 08 September 2009 12:27 PM #16

artman1033 - 08 September 2009 03:12 PM
    runedge - 08 September 2009 02:58 PM

Anyone hear the latest securitization product?  Buy a 1 million life insurance policy for about 400,000 and securitize these.  Heard about it on CNBC.com - amazing…  History repeats itself in the markets as Jesse L said because the markets are all about human nature which never changes (his quote was a tad more eloquent)....

It really sounds SCARY to me. Get an 85 year old guy to buy insurance. WS finances it. The guy lives TOO long for the “market maker”. TIME TO KILL THE OLD GUY!

Take consolation in this scenario…
    1. A Wall Streeter buys life insurance.
    2. His life insurance is securitized into a thousand little pieces.
    3. Unknowingly, he buys a piece of his securitized life insurance.
    4. He lives a long life, happy in the thought that his life is insured.
    5. Worried that someone in his portfolio is living too long and causing it to decline, he tries to knock off the old guy.
    6. Discovers, too late, that he is the old guy that he is trying to knock off.

I actually wish it would happen…

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 08 September 2009 12:27 PM #17

BREAKING NEWS -

Dow Jones Reporting - Jobs to make appearance wearing a fat suit tomorrow.  It’s just a joke, don’t think his metabolism is out of balance and he’s sick again!  End of breaking news.  More to come as our reporters develop more rumors, excuse me breaking news.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

• Posted: 08 September 2009 12:28 PM #18

Gene Munster: AAPL to drop tomorrow “due to lack of Surprising Announcements”
    Tue, 09/08/2009 - 06:38 ? Seth Weintraub

Gene Munster isn’t expecting any surprise announcements at tomorrow’s “It’s only Rock and Roll” event.  He says that even though iPhone sales have been strong (best sellers on AT&T), the lack of surprises will disappoint Apple investors.  He only expects cameras to be added to iPods and perhaps an iTunes update.  Traditionally, AAPL has lost an average of one point on announcement days.

“We expect Steve Jobs to introduce a new iPod lineup with a new iPod touch, new nanos, and a new classic, with cameras in the new models. We expect the stock to trade off on a lack of surprising announcements, representing a buying opportunity. In our sample of 12 recent Apple events, the stock has traded -1% on the day of an event.”

Posted: 08 September 2009 01:01 PM #19

I hate it when a plan doesn’t go according to the plan. Another round to lower today’s cost average.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 08 September 2009 01:11 PM #20

Eric - are you talking about C?  I have a few 2011 2.50 strikes and sold some 5.00 strikes against it.  Certainly was looking weak this AM struggling to go positive.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 08 September 2009 01:43 PM #21

runedge - 08 September 2009 04:11 PM

Eric - are you talking about C?  I have a few 2011 2.50 strikes and sold some 5.00 strikes against it.  Certainly was looking weak this AM struggling to go positive.

My playbook says now that all the trader types are back from vacation two things will happen: selling gains will take place to pass the tax liability off to customers as will selling to lock in losses. After which a whole lot of performance chasing will take place. As such, discipline will kick in and I’ll be buying the weakness in anticipation of the performance chasing that will take place later on.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 08 September 2009 02:16 PM #22

artman1033 - 08 September 2009 02:22 PM

3,580,000 shares traded. AAPL at $172.50….

UP !

NICE VOLUME!

Well, volume hasn’t done much since then: 7M shares and less than three hours to go. I guess all the action will take place tomorrow at 13:00 EDT.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 08 September 2009 02:27 PM #23

artman1033 - 08 September 2009 05:18 PM

My guess: HOD AAPL 173.14
    Currently 172.37

Close for AAPL today 172.22.

What do you think?

The current CumVolWeiAvePri is 172.59, so it could close ?37 above your estimate. But then I need $178.50 to brake even on some APVIOs.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 08 September 2009 03:03 PM #24

I’m betting on some sell the news EOD/tomorrow since we’ll ONLY be getting new iPods, new packages for music etc. and not the tablet and certainly not the Easy Bake Oven so I lightened up a bit today.

Posted: 08 September 2009 03:17 PM #25

ChasMac77 - 08 September 2009 06:03 PM

I’m betting on some sell the news EOD/tomorrow since we’ll ONLY be getting new iPods, new packages for music etc. and not the tablet and certainly not the Easy Bake Oven so I lightened up a bit today.

Mmm…a downloadable easy bake oven….

Signature

• Posted: 08 September 2009 03:34 PM #26

Eric Landstrom - 08 September 2009 06:17 PM

Would it have Firewire, or only USB?

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:13 PM #27

Great news - Moodys can be sued by investors a judge ruled the other day.  They had said they were protected under the first Amendment but NO said a Judge. The shorts are moving in leaded by Eihorn.  Kind of ironic that is their next target when the rating agencies helped the shorts in the fall when they tried to cover their ass and start downgrading everyone.  I’d love to see the rating agencies go under.

Signature

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:34 PM #28

willrob - 08 September 2009 06:34 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 08 September 2009 06:17 PM

Would it have Firewire, or only USB?

As long as I could download triscuits with a BLT salad, I wouldn’t care.

Meanwhile Mr. Market still hasn’t figured out that I’m right and we should all increase exposure to distressed financials. Instead the market has piled into good financials.

Foolish market: we recover in ‘10.

Signature

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:37 PM #29

runedge - 08 September 2009 07:13 PM

Great news - Moodys can be sued by investors a judge ruled the other day.  They had said they were protected under the first Amendment but NO said a Judge. The shorts are moving in leaded by Eihorn.  Kind of ironic that is their next target when the rating agencies helped the shorts in the fall when they tried to cover their ass and start downgrading everyone.  I’d love to see the rating agencies go under.

In other news, if you’re asked by inpatient people behind you if you’ve never ordered from the menu at a McDonalds, turn around, look them dead in the eye and do you best to well up a tear while explaining, “I invested with Madoff….”

Signature

• Posted: 09 September 2009 12:22 AM #30

Wednesday

R4         176.00
      midpoint   175.43
    R3       174.86
      midpoint   174.29
    R2       173.72
      midpoint   173.44
    R1       173.16
      midpoint   172.87
    PP       172.58
      midpoint   172.30