AAPL Intraday Updates

Posted: 09 September 2009 10:28 AM #31

Since Mr. Market didn’t believe that my buying distressed financials yesterday was the way to go, I put in a call to my other silent partner who promised to beat around the bush in a non-committal, toe-dipping way to floor some distressed real estate. My silent partner says his deal is totally based on the treasury’s willingness to backstop the deal.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 09 September 2009 11:42 AM #32

Eric Landstrom - 09 September 2009 01:28 PM

Since Mr. Market didn’t believe that my buying distressed financials yesterday was the way to go, I put in a call to my other silent partner who promised to beat around the bush in a non-committal, toe-dipping way to floor some distressed real estate. My silent partner says his deal is totally based on the treasury’s willingness to backstop the deal.

Eric - you watching C at the middle bollinger - bounced off it earlier today 4.56?

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 09 September 2009 12:34 PM #33

runedge - 09 September 2009 02:42 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 09 September 2009 01:28 PM

Eric - you watching C at the middle bollinger - bounced off it earlier today 4.56?

I’m watching sentiment in the face of September tax selling.

?What I like is that nothing is really .gov driven to the downside and in fact, .gov action that is on my radar is either market neutral or to the upside.
    ?I’m amused that “wealthy” household BKs are up because they cannot refinance with their mortgages underwater (unless cash flow positive, housing is one of the worst investments and over the past forty years barely keeps up with inflation).
    ?The Apple show should underwhelm. No iTablet unless they pre-announce but that project looks like it is following the Mac Book Air fiasco that was supposed to be ready for the Christmas season but missed the deadline twice and we didn’t see it until the following spring.

Overall, I see a little softer Q, but a decrease in debt, and increase in investable wealth. I base my decrease on debt on everybody I know who has debt: they’re all paying it off. The increase in investable wealth on my neighborhood where everybody has become an economist. And I base the softer Q on a slowdown in refinancing, a summer market plateau (every dollar saved or lost means a four cent increase or reduction in consumer spending) but not as soft as some believe because people in my neighborhood are back to spending at 2007 levels because everything is on sale and because we’ve all mopped up in the market (the four cent rule).

[ Edited: 09 September 2009 12:37 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 09 September 2009 12:35 PM #34

1039.47 on the SPX and we are off to the races.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 09 September 2009 12:40 PM #35

runedge - 09 September 2009 03:35 PM

Looks like Mr. Market is starting to figure things out. The upside is finally spilling over into the financials.

Signature

• Posted: 09 September 2009 01:23 PM #36

Eric Landstrom - 09 September 2009 03:40 PM

Looks like Mr. Market is starting to figure things out. The upside is finally spilling over into the financials.

But not C, which appears to be shorter’s paradise.

Posted: 09 September 2009 01:32 PM #37

willrob - 09 September 2009 04:23 PM

I would not be surprised to see C become the next AIG short squeeze.  I’d be very careful shorting that stock outright - maybe sell calls but other than that there are some big boys waiting to manipulate the likes of you and I…

Signature

Posted: 09 September 2009 01:33 PM #38

willrob - 09 September 2009 04:23 PM

Sell them options. Just like this forum was once uber-bullish when it should have been exercising caution, there are places on the internet that are uber-bearish and like the AAPL to $600 crowd, there is a Dow to 3000, SPX to 300 crowd that’ll pay good money for out of the money options on the short side.

They forget to understand that we have three silent partners: the social butterfly, Mr. Market, who everybody knows, China and of course, .gov.

Signature

Posted: 09 September 2009 01:45 PM #39

What was resistance is now showing support on the S&P futures.  We are looking super bullish here…

Signature

Posted: 09 September 2009 02:48 PM #40

Lots of “selling the news” crap going on,

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:10 PM #41

awcabot - 09 September 2009 05:48 PM

Lots of “selling the news” crap going on,

It’s an Apple event: you’re supposed to sell before the even because fanboys always imagine it’ll be better than it really is.

Signature

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:20 PM #42

Guess Wall Street doesn’t like the new iPods.

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:21 PM #43

Correction: Wall Street hates the new iPods.

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:29 PM #44

iBill - 09 September 2009 06:21 PM

Correction: They lowered the price: Apple will never make a nickel again!

OT: suddenly the forum font changed and got smaller.

And this on a forum frequented by a bunch of aging fat cats who are trying their best to avoid eye strain?

Edit: It just got fixed.

[ Edited: 09 September 2009 03:32 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:32 PM #45

Eric Landstrom - 09 September 2009 06:29 PM
    iBill - 09 September 2009 06:21 PM

Correction: They lowered the price: Apple will never make a nickel again!

I’m actually very impressed with the new Nanos. I expect Apple will move them in large numbers.