AAPL Intraday Updates

Posted: 11 September 2009 02:52 PM #91

Anyone have any idea, hear any rumors, anything on why crude is getting crushed.  Haven’t been able to hear anything.  Anyone?

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 11 September 2009 02:56 PM #92

runedge - 11 September 2009 05:52 PM

Anyone have any idea, hear any rumors, anything on why crude is getting crushed.  Haven’t been able to hear anything.  Anyone?

Without checking I’d reckon September rotation from sweet crude to nat. gas is underway as is tax selling.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 11 September 2009 03:04 PM #93

Eric Landstrom - 11 September 2009 05:56 PM

Without checking I’d reckon September rotation from sweet crude to nat. gas is underway as is tax selling.

Nat Gas getting whacked too….  Positive econ data out of China last night….  Just a freakish trade, the herd got scared.  The dollar is weak too that’s what makes it whacky.  Definitely causing the selling in equities.  Do we get the rally into the close (shorts cover prior to the weekend, longs chasing decide to jump in)?

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 11 September 2009 03:06 PM #94

artman1033 - 11 September 2009 05:56 PM

My guess: the consumer ain’t consuming!

I’m burning through more petrol than ever making trips to and from the lake.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 11 September 2009 03:09 PM #95

Apparently Mexico isn’t helping things any:
    link

Posted: 11 September 2009 03:13 PM #96

runedge - 11 September 2009 06:04 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 11 September 2009 05:56 PM

Nat Gas getting whacked too….  Positive econ data out of China last night….  Just a freakish trade, the herd got scared.  The dollar is weak too that’s what makes it whacky.  Definitely causing the selling in equities.  Do we get the rally into the close (shorts cover prior to the weekend, longs chasing decide to jump in)?

I’ll tell you what I’m doing in the distressed financial sector: I need the market to swing a little lower before I kick into another round of I gotta buy everything. ‘Till then everything is in too tight of a range for me to be super interested in trading because news can trump wisdom, best guessing and any other good ideas I may have to trade penny spreads. Instead of boldness, I’m opting for prudence which is pretty much everybody’s sentiment right now: indifference.

Signature

• Posted: 11 September 2009 03:25 PM #97

Hugo Chavez announced that Repsol YPF found a HUGE deposit of natural gas in Venezuela. Huge as in 8 trillion (in spanish it is 8 billion which is 8 million millions) cubic feet. I have no idea if this is a big lot or just a lot. But this may have an influence on the price.

Article in spanish is here

• Posted: 11 September 2009 04:25 PM #98

artman1033 - 11 September 2009 05:14 PM
    willrob - 11 September 2009 04:59 PM

So it turns out the Coast Guard wasn’t firing on a ship. It was only Orson Wells up to his old tricks.

If ERIC had not brought it up, the many thousands of nameless investors who follow every post on AFB, would not have sold.

THANKS ERIC!

Thanks indeed!  I bought another 100 shares on the dip.  Contemplated some calls but even close in they are at too much of a premium right now.  Another 100 long is about right, I think.  If AAPL drops more I’ll average in some more.  If it goes back up I’m golden.

Posted: 11 September 2009 05:02 PM #99

Sold some calls into the close.  Assuming Monday opens up week with all the talk of “one year ago today LEH filed bankruptcy - can it happen again - should you hide in a cave with guns and gold” which should scare many plus options exp on Friday.  Also needed to do this to protect a somewhat stupid buy on Wed. post show sell off.  Good weekend all…..

Signature

Posted: 11 September 2009 08:08 PM #100

runedge - 11 September 2009 08:02 PM

Sold some calls into the close.  Assuming Monday opens up week with all the talk of “one year ago today LEH filed bankruptcy - can it happen again - should you hide in a cave with guns and gold” which should scare many plus options exp on Friday.  Also needed to do this to protect a somewhat stupid buy on Wed. post show sell off.  Good weekend all…..

Thinking about moving into a Bond Cave? huh?

[ Edited: 11 September 2009 08:10 PM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature