live event updates

• Posted: 09 September 2009 03:24 PM #16

So far neither iPhone 3.1 nor iTunes 9 are available.

EDIT: iTunes 9 just appeared.

[ Edited: 09 September 2009 03:31 PM by willrob ]      

Posted: 09 September 2009 03:29 PM #17

willrob - 09 September 2009 06:24 PM

So far neither iPhone 3.1 nor iTunes 9 are available.

Noticed. :-(

But the post event dump is happening in earnest.

edit: iTunes 9 available. http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

[ Edited: 09 September 2009 04:01 PM by Play Ultimate ]

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 09 September 2009 03:31 PM #18

On the iPod touch page in the store there is a pic of the back of the touch for engraving purposes.  It’s blacked out where the camera would be.  I’m thinking this was a last minute revision.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 09 September 2009 04:03 PM #19

BillH - 09 September 2009 06:31 PM

On the iPod touch page in the store there is a pic of the back of the touch for engraving purposes.  It’s blacked out where the camera would be.  I’m thinking this was a last minute revision.

Assuming you are referring to the black mark in the upper left corner, that has always been there. At least it is on my 32GB version.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 09 September 2009 04:08 PM #20

Play Ultimate - 09 September 2009 07:03 PM
    BillH - 09 September 2009 06:31 PM

Assuming you are referring to the black mark in the upper left corner, that has always been there. At least it is on my 32GB version.

Didn’t know that and I just read the same thing on the Appleinsider board.  There is some discussion there of a previous Appleinsider report of difficulties with the camera for the touch.  Some are referencing that article but mostly it’s just a pissed off crowd.  I’m guessing we’ll be reading a lot of that.

Signature

Posted: 09 September 2009 05:32 PM #21

Just noticed that the price for the iPhone OS upgrade went down (for iPod Touch owners). iPhone OS 3.0 was $9.95.  Now iPhone OS 3.1 is $4.95 (I never upgraded from 2.2)
    BTW, it is a free upgrade for those that had previously purchased iPhone OS 3.0.

Signature

• Posted: 09 September 2009 11:58 PM #22

The charge for iPod touch owners is only to comply with SOX, nothing more. If it were offered for free to iPod touch owners Apple would be compelled to use to the same deferred revenue method used for the iPhone or face fines for pre-mature recognition of revenue.

I’m glad the price has been dropped to $4.95 if that’s the case.

• Posted: 10 September 2009 12:15 AM #23

Turns out the camera omission was intentional.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/09/09/jobs.on.kindle.ipod.nano.camera.hea/

I would have chosen to include the camera and raise the price.

Signature

• Posted: 10 September 2009 02:36 PM #24

BillH - 10 September 2009 03:15 AM

Turns out the camera omission was intentional.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/09/09/jobs.on.kindle.ipod.nano.camera.hea/

I would have chosen to include the camera and raise the price.

Link doesn’t work. Here’s the David Pogue interview that it’s probably based on.

• Posted: 10 September 2009 02:56 PM #25

Here’s Pogue’s review of the new Nano.

Posted: 10 September 2009 02:58 PM #26

artman1033 - 10 September 2009 02:35 PM

The iTunes event is now available for your viewing PLEASURE!

Final line from Steve: “See you soon!’

What does that mean?

THANK YOU P.E.D. for the link!!

AND
    Happy Birthday P.E.D.!!

Just finished watching. Overall nice presentation. The crowd, like many in the press, were not wowed by some of the announcements.  Not sure what the see ya soon means. Perhaps another event in Oct for computers?!?

Signature

• Posted: 10 September 2009 04:03 PM #27

October event for new iMacs, possibly MacBook (sucessor to the white low end model), and the MacBook Pro line.