AAPL Intraday Updates

Posted: 14 September 2009 02:01 PM #31

artman1033 - 14 September 2009 04:32 PM

CNBC just reported the guys and gals were “groaning” at times while listening to our President.

TAX THEM!!!

TAX THEM I SAY!!!

Art, wouldn’t it be easier if we cut out the middleman and I mailed the estimated taxes check that is due tomorrow to you and then wrote on my return, “Gave it all to Art,” or perhaps mailed nothing and filled out my return by writing in, “Obama Cabinet Guy”?

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 14 September 2009 02:27 PM #32

Bloomberg is chatting up that they have an exclusive one hour interview with Obama at 6:00PM eastern time. Too bad they can’t get Dylan Ratigan to interview:

Mr. President, can you explain what is being done to reinstate the Glass Stegal Act which created a wall of separation between commercial banking and investment banking and which made it impossible to securitize anything, let alone mortgages?

Mr. President, can you explain why you allowed Mr. Geithner to remain silent on his plan for so long which caused the financial collapse we experienced this spring?

Mr. President, can you explain why the SEC was and has been asleep at the switch and what resolutions are being taken to make the SEC an effective arm of gubbament?

Mr. President, can you a reason why you continue to paint banks as bad guys when in point of fact the banks are our partners in any economic recovery?

Mr. President, can you define what regulations you are talking about in all of your speeches because we really want to hear a plan and not chatter.

and so on….

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 14 September 2009 03:07 PM #33

Eric Landstrom - 14 September 2009 05:27 PM

Bloomberg is chatting up that they have an exclusive one hour interview with Obama at 6:00PM eastern time. Too bad they can’t get Dylan Ratigan to interview:

Mr. President, can you explain what is being done to reinstate the Glass Stegal Act which created a wall of separation between commercial banking and investment banking and which made it impossible to securitize anything, let alone mortgages?

Mr. President, can you explain why you allowed Mr. Geithner to remain silent on his plan for so long which caused the financial collapse we experienced this spring?

Mr. President, can you explain why the SEC was and has been asleep at the switch and what resolutions are being taken to make the SEC an effective arm of gubbament?

Mr. President, can you a reason why you continue to paint banks as bad guys when in point of fact the banks are our partners in any economic recovery?

Mr. President, can you define what regulations you are talking about in all of your speeches because we really want to hear a plan and not chatter.

and so on….

sadly, it will never happen.  rolleyes

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

Posted: 14 September 2009 03:26 PM #34

At this rate we will have a hard time getting 10 million shares traded.

I dumped more and I am all cash except for about 20 shares with ability to buy 350

Posted: 14 September 2009 03:53 PM #35

This is one strong market….

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 14 September 2009 04:14 PM #36

futures consolidating at high of the day and sectors that were red now green.  BKX is just about green as well.  GS the so called canary is also moving up nicely.  We could see a very strong rally into the close.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 14 September 2009 04:16 PM #37

runedge - 14 September 2009 06:53 PM

Buy, buy, buy.

Signature

Posted: 14 September 2009 04:20 PM #38

Look at a daily of the dow transports - massive move the past 5 or so trading days.  Perhaps this question is for Eric as I don’t follow the transports much until recently.  Is it more a leading indicator in which case this market is even stronger.

Signature

Posted: 14 September 2009 04:30 PM #39

Eric Landstrom - 14 September 2009 07:16 PM

Buy, buy, buy.

Sell Sell Sell

Posted: 14 September 2009 04:45 PM #40

financials reversed nicely into the close.  New highs on the futures.

Signature

• Posted: 14 September 2009 08:16 PM #41

runedge - 14 September 2009 07:45 PM

Now selling off after hours on no news (unless Tim Geithner on ABC News saying we are not in a recovery constitutes news.)

Posted: 14 September 2009 11:13 PM #42

willrob - 14 September 2009 11:16 PM

Now selling off after hours on no news (unless Tim Geithner on ABC News saying we are not in a recovery constitutes news.)

Speculation that C wants to buy all the outstanding gubbament shares. In other words, a massive stock buyback.

Signature

• Posted: 15 September 2009 01:05 AM #43

Eric Landstrom - 15 September 2009 02:13 AM
    willrob - 14 September 2009 11:16 PM

Speculation that C wants to buy all the outstanding gubbament shares. In other words, a massive stock buyback.

While that sounds positive for C, I can see how some investors would panic over it. I noticed on the Google and Yahoo boards they are fearful that the gubberment wants to sell their shares, rather than C wanting to buy them back ? a negative spin on the rumor. They are afraid the sale will happen soon, and too quickly and force the share price down. They don’t seem to think the gubberment wants to make money on the transaction and that oit won’t wait for a higher price.

But why did the other banks go down as well, BAC for example? Bad news for one is bad news for all? Or did the judge’s overturning of the SEC fine, and a new trial date cause panic.

Or are there just too many retail players dabbling in banks, and they panic too easily?

• Posted: 15 September 2009 01:06 AM #44

Tuesday

R4         183.57
      midpoint   181.75
    R3       179.92
      midpoint   178.10
    R2       176.27
      midpoint   175.64
    R1       175.00
      midpoint   173.81
    PP       172.62
      midpoint   171.99
    S1       171.35
      midpoint   170.16
    S2       168.97
      midpoint   167.15
    S3       165.32
      midpoint   163.50
    S4       161.67

Posted: 15 September 2009 01:37 AM #45

omacvi - 14 September 2009 07:30 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 14 September 2009 07:16 PM

Buy, buy, buy.

Sell Sell Sell

Sorry Lara, I am with Eric. Another one to get on the train is GS.  GS seems to have tremendous momentum now, I just wish I had bought more when I did. WB is still the man. grin

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.