AAPL to $400. So let it be said, so let it be done.

• Posted: 14 September 2009 08:35 AM

From the Schwarz-meister, in all his glory.

http://watch.bnn.ca/the-close/august-2009/the-close-august-28-2009/#clip208257

• Posted: 14 September 2009 09:55 AM #1

Schwarz has been an AAPL bull for a while. He correctly called the oil drop to $30. (it got to $33) against conventional wisdom.  He has just released an eBook called ‘The Apple Revolution’ available for $10
    http://www.applerevolution.com/

you can use your credit card but somehow Pay Pal gets to monitor the transaction. Expect delays

• Posted: 14 September 2009 01:11 PM #2

PED is reporting the change in earnings reporting. Now the analysts won’t have to do the math - Apple will do it for ‘em.

Article Here

Signature

• Posted: 14 September 2009 03:43 PM #3

I see a relatively clear shot to $300 per share. However, I’ll take $400 too.  grin

Posted: 14 September 2009 03:56 PM #4

DawnTreader - 14 September 2009 06:43 PM

I see a relatively clear shot to $300 per share. However, I’ll take $400 too.  grin

He didn’t say when it would be achieved.  He is assuming that Apple execution continues to be flawless and DJI would reach 11,000.  He is citing the reason as George Yared, the one who predict AAPL would double.  What happen is AAPL went down to $78.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 14 September 2009 06:19 PM #5

Mace - 14 September 2009 06:56 PM
    DawnTreader - 14 September 2009 06:43 PM

He didn’t say when it would be achieved.  He is assuming that Apple execution continues to be flawless and DJI would reach 11,000.  He is citing the reason as George Yared, the one who predict AAPL would double.  What happen is AAPL went down to $78.

I do see $300 per share well within reach. After $300 per share (a near doubling from today’s price), gains will take more effort considering the expanding market cap and it would require near-flawless execution for some time.

I’ve said many times $300 is well within reach. $400 per share I’ll take quite happily.  grin

• Posted: 16 September 2009 06:31 PM #6

I’d have to say that what JS is saying is unremarkable….... I predict that the DOW will hit 20000 and AAPL will hit $1000…. no $2000. We will observe, if Apple continues as a company doing nothing out of the ordinary, an ever increasing share price over time. Note I also did not stipulate when. But it is inevitable that, given sufficient time and recognizable heart beat, that share prices will continue to grow.

Did JS actually nominate a time frame for $30 oil? Perhaps he just got lucky?

I’d like to see him do some real analysis and put some dates to his numbers.

It was only umm… 2 years, there abouts ago, that TommoUK was calling $600 for AAPL. I can’t recall if there was any timeframe discussed.

I’m going to nominate December 2011 for AAPL $400.
    It will take that amount of time and continuing growth across a majority of Apple products and services. iPhone will be the major player. Any tablet will have to be stellar and Mac sales will have to be strong and growing. iPod can be static. The app store will need to show revenue and profit to third party developers and an increasing range of premium, high quality applications. Snow Leopard will be a stealth product that will only reap real returns in 2 years when the robustness of this operation system becomes clear.

• Posted: 16 September 2009 09:15 PM #7

benoir - 16 September 2009 09:31 PM

It was only umm… 2 years, there abouts ago, that TommoUK was calling $600 for AAPL. I can’t recall if there was any timeframe discussed.

It will take that amount of time and continuing growth across a majority of Apple products and services. iPhone will be the major player. Any tablet will have to be stellar and Mac sales will have to be strong and growing. iPod can be static. The app store will need to show revenue and profit to third party developers and an increasing range of premium, high quality applications. Snow Leopard will be a stealth product that will only reap real returns in 2 years when the robustness of this operation system becomes clear.

Tommo was calling for 450.00 in 2010.  It was another analyst making a case for 600.00 but I don’t recall his time frame.  Both of these were projected in an entirely different environments but based on revenue projection growth.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

Posted: 16 September 2009 09:52 PM #8

BillH - 17 September 2009 12:15 AM
    benoir - 16 September 2009 09:31 PM

Tommo was calling for 450.00 in 2010.  It was another analyst making a case for 600.00 but I don’t recall his time frame.  Both of these were projected in an entirely different environments but based on revenue projection growth.

My vote is with Tommo.  Dec 2010.  as we pull out of recession and move into a growth phase Apple will command a higher premium and the combined effect of all of Apple’s effort on the iphone will finally be recognized in the EPS so all the analyst will suddenly realize that Apple continues to grow and should be treated as a growth company rather then some old stalwart.  If we believe Apple’s financial reporting which we should Apple earned TTM 9.23 EPS on 42.279B in Revenue the GAAP number 34.562B and 5.72 are smoke and mirrors.  If Apple can grow at 30% we are looking at about 55B in Revenue and $12 in EPS multiply by a growth phase eps of 35 and we get $420.  Not quite Tommo 450 but my guess is he was looking at year end :wink:

Posted: 16 September 2009 10:27 PM #9

Mike in Helsinki - 14 September 2009 11:35 AM

So say we all.

BSG, what a show!

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 16 September 2009 10:39 PM #10

Eric Landstrom - 17 September 2009 01:27 AM
    Mike in Helsinki - 14 September 2009 11:35 AM

So say we all.

BSG, what a show!

Hmm…am I going to get a chance to repurchase some shares I sold at $170k before we hit $200?  Never mind $400 for now!

Posted: 16 September 2009 10:49 PM #11

Mercel, it is options week. There could be some huge swings in the next 2 days. I know that Wed are usually the day for the drama, but 170 is not that far and it could happen. Do I think it will, no. I believe the institutions have taken to large a stake in AAPL to let it drop to far. With this accounting rule hanging over AAPL at the moment we could see the greatest volatility that we have ever seen.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.