Who uses 1Password and what do you think about it?

• Posted: 26 September 2009 11:36 AM

I downloaded the trial, but would like to hear what any long time users think about it.

Convenient, a pain to use, good place to store and retrieve vital information?

Just your thoughts.

Thanks,

George.

[ Edited: 26 September 2009 10:05 PM by GeoKost ]

Signature

My other hobby:  http://geokost.zenfolio.com/

Go Razorbacks!!! Love them HOGS, Wooo, Pig, Soooie!!!

Posted: 26 September 2009 07:27 PM #1

I’ve bought and used it for a few months now and quite honestly I can’t see myself without it. It is now part of my must-have apps list. I stored in it my serial numbers for various shareware I bought, the email addies I registered them with, notes to myself in the notes field, passwords, etc.

Also, when I upgrade my operation system (like for example going from Tiger to Leopard) I prefer using the Erase and Install option. To me, it makes for a cleaner install, it prevents carrying over from the previous system any problems, annoyances or pref file corruptions the previous system might contain. I can see that 1Password will make this really easy from now on.

There is only one file I need to retrieve from my external hard drive that I use for backups and it will carry over all my passwords from various accounts, serial numbers when I reinstall my all software, etc.

So when I upgrade to Snow Leopard, 1Password will probably make this upgrade the least painful of them all.

Signature

Early 2009 24” iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 640 GB hard drive, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7
    Canon EOS 50D, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro

• Posted: 26 September 2009 10:04 PM #2

Thanks MacHeadCase, very good points you made there.

I appreciate your comment.

George.

Signature

Posted: 27 September 2009 08:06 AM #3

Glad I was able to help.  smile

Signature

Early 2009 24” iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 640 GB hard drive, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7
    Canon EOS 50D, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro

• Posted: 28 September 2009 05:07 AM #4

I just can’t see myself not using it.

Posted: 03 October 2009 09:37 PM #5

As a user of 1Password for the past couple of years, I can honestly say it is one of the best utilities I’ve ever used.  Seamless integration into every major browser, built-in strong password generation, and the ability to store various identities for filling out online forms is very VERY useful.  That, plus the iPhone app which allows for WiFi syncing of your passwords to your iPhone make it a “can’t live without” tool for me.  Well worth the money.

Signature

A just war is in the long run far better for a nation’s soul than the most prosperous peace obtained by acquiescence in wrong or injustice.-  Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States (1858 - 1919)

• Posted: 04 October 2009 12:22 AM #6

acdc1174 - 04 October 2009 12:37 AM

As a user of 1Password for the past couple of years, I can honestly say it is one of the best utilities I’ve ever used.  Seamless integration into every major browser, built-in strong password generation, and the ability to store various identities for filling out online forms is very VERY useful.  That, plus the iPhone app which allows for WiFi syncing of your passwords to your iPhone make it a “can’t live without” tool for me.  Well worth the money.

I went ahead and got 1Password Pro for my iPod Touch.  I have not used it a lot yet, but I do like the syncing and being able to have it on both my MacBook Pro and iPod Touch.

I also like the ability to store many things on there and being encrypted.

Thanks for the reply acdc.

George.

Signature

• Posted: 04 October 2009 02:49 AM #7

I’ve also been using for a few months now, across and iMac, MacBook and iPhone - like the others, this is now a must have app for me.  Also, keychain syncing through using a free dropbox account is seamles. These guys are good and I hpe they can keep up the level of work as they grow

Posted: 13 October 2009 04:43 AM #8

Yepper, love 1Password.  Can’t imagine Maccing without it, or some sort of miraculous improvement on it, ever again.

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 13 October 2009 06:46 AM #9

Bryan Chaffin - 13 October 2009 07:43 AM

Yepper, love 1Password.  Can’t imagine Maccing without it, or some sort of miraculous improvement on it, ever again.

You all are right.  I am glad I got it and come to rely on it.

BTW, The Atomic Love Bombs are pretty cool.

[ Edited: 13 October 2009 06:50 AM by GeoKost ]

Signature

Posted: 13 October 2009 03:08 PM #10

Thanks, GeoKost! I appreciate that. smile

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 06 November 2009 11:23 PM #11

I got this app via macheist a while back and it definitely works well. However I see its main value being the ability to share passwords between different browsers. If you primarily use one browser it may not matter. Personally I use Safari almost exclusively these days and already have MobileMe to back up and sync between computers, so I haven’t ended up using it lately.