AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 30 September 2009 11:31 AM #31

Interesting article on the tablet at Appleinsider

Posted: 30 September 2009 11:44 AM #32

Play Ultimate - 30 September 2009 02:26 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 30 September 2009 02:17 PM
    artman1033 - 29 September 2009 05:18 PM

More iTablet rumors from P.E.D.

I know the size and the price point of the new tablet and I cannot share. I’m so not good with secrets.

How about an announcement date?  :wink:

. . .pretty please!  :-D

Currently delayed because of manufacturing problems. Peoples bonuses hinge on getting it out in time for Christmas. And that’s all I’m going to share.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 30 September 2009 11:46 AM #33

what’s the quality of your info source eric?

Posted: 30 September 2009 12:01 PM #34

Eric Landstrom - 30 September 2009 02:44 PM

I know the size and the price point of the new tablet and I cannot share. I’m so not good with secrets.

Currently delayed because of manufacturing problems. Peoples bonuses hinge on getting it out in time for Christmas. And that’s all I’m going to share.

The article above points to a June 2010 release date.  That is similar to AppleInsider info which I find more reliable then other rumor sites.  This reminds me of conversations in fall of 06 when everyone expected the iPhone to come out that Christmas Season.

I think it makes perfect sense to announce in Jan and release end of 2nd calendar quarter.  Apple still wants to sell a ton of MacBooks and iPhones and iTouches.  The tablet compliments those devices, but in reality it can not replace them.  So most of the tablets will be sold to existing owner of iPhones or MacBooks at first.  Therefore time is on their side.

The reason for the long delay and build up can be explained this way.  It is so cool people will talk about it for 5 months before it comes out. Secondly battery life is a huge issue and I suspect that will improve in the next 4 months.  Thirdly there is the possibility that since it sounds like one will have a 3G chip, contracts need to be worked out with various carriers around the world.  That alone takes lots of time and it will help Apple estimate how many to manufacture for its first run.

Right now I love my MacBook Pro so much, I have hard time figuring out why I would need a Tablet.

Posted: 30 September 2009 12:42 PM #35

Oil up $2 on a dollar that is slightly strong and a weak inventory report (inventory build).  Certainly helping equities from selling off further.  Anyone trade FRO?  I have a small position (2011 22.50 call) and possibly going to sell $30 calls against it as a hedge.  Anyone?  Bueller!

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 30 September 2009 01:12 PM #36

omacvi - 30 September 2009 03:01 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 30 September 2009 02:44 PM

The article above points to a June 2010 release date.  That is similar to AppleInsider info which I find more reliable then other rumor sites.  This reminds me of conversations in fall of 06 when everyone expected the iPhone to come out that Christmas Season.

I think it makes perfect sense to announce in Jan and release end of 2nd calendar quarter.  Apple still wants to sell a ton of MacBooks and iPhones and iTouches.  The tablet compliments those devices, but in reality it can not replace them.  So most of the tablets will be sold to existing owner of iPhones or MacBooks at first.  Therefore time is on their side.

The reason for the long delay and build up can be explained this way.  It is so cool people will talk about it for 5 months before it comes out. Secondly battery life is a huge issue and I suspect that will improve in the next 4 months.  Thirdly there is the possibility that since it sounds like one will have a 3G chip, contracts need to be worked out with various carriers around the world.  That alone takes lots of time and it will help Apple estimate how many to manufacture for its first run.

Right now I love my MacBook Pro so much, I have hard time figuring out why I would need a Tablet.

The tablet is aimed at people like myself. I have a five-year-old cell phone that I don’t really carry with me and I’m not interested in small screens because I don’t want to strain my eyes. I would buy a tablet for use around the house so that I needn’t be glued to my office chair during market hours.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 30 September 2009 01:13 PM #37

omacvi - 30 September 2009 03:01 PM

That would have Apple’s tablet coming out along side the Courier from MSFT. Rumored for June 2010.

Posted: 30 September 2009 01:15 PM #38

Talks with Iran begin tomorrow which are probably driving oil up and could in fact drive equities down.  A report was out the US was moving up by 3 years (due date now end of this year) of a revised B-2 that can carry a 15,000 (or so) pound bunker buster that can do 160 feet (or so) deep before exploding.  This as a direct result of the most recent under ground (purely for peaceful purpose for sure), in a heavily populated muslim holy city, second nuclear plant in Iran that was NOT disclosed to the IAEA.  Something’s going to happen soon.  Let’s hope the movement that started a few months back is still active underground.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 30 September 2009 01:24 PM #39

runedge - 30 September 2009 04:15 PM

Talks with Iran begin tomorrow which are probably driving oil up and could in fact drive equities down.  A report was out the US was moving up by 3 years (due date now end of this year) of a revised B-2 that can carry a 15,000 (or so) pound bunker buster that can do 160 feet (or so) deep before exploding.  This as a direct result of the most recent under ground (purely for peaceful purpose for sure), in a heavily populated muslim holy city, second nuclear plant in Iran that was NOT disclosed to the IAEA.  Something’s going to happen soon.  Let’s hope the movement that started a few months back is still active underground.

I imagine that Israel has hatched plans to blow to Iran’s hardened centrifuge plant to smithereens as well if they have any conventional bombs that can penetrate deep enough.

Signature

Posted: 30 September 2009 01:43 PM #40

Hell’s bells, seems AAPL is +pos.

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 30 September 2009 02:21 PM #41

Speaking of getting knocked around unexpectedly, I’ve found out that the only time in the next two weeks I can arrange for help unloading a huge air compressor is today. Good luck everybody while I knock out 500 miles driving this thing around.

Signature

Posted: 30 September 2009 02:28 PM #42

Eric Landstrom - 30 September 2009 05:21 PM

Speaking of getting knocked around unexpectedly, I’ve found out that the only time in the next two weeks I can arrange for help unloading a huge air compressor is today. Good luck everybody while I knock out 500 miles driving this thing around.

Is that your purple heart license plate?  Safe driving by the way - easy on those turns!

Signature

Posted: 30 September 2009 02:30 PM #43

I’m confused on the window dressing concept.  If a fund buys today it takes 3 days to settle meaning window dressing would have ended last Friday.  People were talking about this on Friday being the final day of window dressing.  Anyone have an idea on this one?

Signature

Posted: 30 September 2009 02:53 PM #44

Art I am only showing a high of 3.50 for the oct 190’s so far today

Posted: 30 September 2009 03:07 PM #45

$Billyall - 30 September 2009 05:53 PM

Art I am only showing a high of 3.50 for the oct 190’s so far today

ditto, on Ameritrade.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale