AAPL Intraday Updates

Posted: 01 October 2009 01:55 PM #61

Plato - 01 October 2009 02:44 PM

... by mid October we see 8500 at the dow and 170 for AAPL.

So long AAPL closed above $165 on Oct OE Friday, the multi-month rally is intact.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:19 PM #62

Little red indians marching down…

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 01 October 2009 02:53 PM #63

Plato - 01 October 2009 02:44 PM

My guess is that we have seen the high (in AAPL and the market) for a while. The economic numbers today were ugly - tomorrow will be even uglier IMHO. My guess - by mid October we see 8500 at the dow and 170 for AAPL.

Perhaps, but AAPL has been trading in this 182-188 range for two weeks. We could go down further, but 182 seems to be providing support.

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 01 October 2009 03:55 PM #64

You really must be kidding me - RIMM still almost green when the entire market tanks. Oh well - a good chance to buy some more puts before we rich 50s next week.  :-D

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 01 October 2009 04:00 PM #65

GS just raised tomorrow’s NFP to minus 250 from minus 200.  Glad they are showing their hand with an hour to go.  Almost as if we just got the NFP report and can decide to go long, short or neutral into the report.  Just heard this.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 01 October 2009 04:21 PM #66

runedge - 01 October 2009 07:00 PM

GS just raised tomorrow’s NFP to minus 250 from minus 200.  Glad they are showing their hand with an hour to go.  Almost as if we just got the NFP report and can decide to go long, short or neutral into the report.  Just heard this.

Interesting. . .
    So, if it comes in higher than -250,000, is that “better than expected”?

Signature

“Once we roared like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security! The solution for America’s problem is not in terms of big government, but it is in big men over whom nobody stands in control but God.”  ?Norman Vincent Peale

• Posted: 01 October 2009 04:46 PM #67

Play Ultimate - 01 October 2009 07:21 PM
    runedge - 01 October 2009 07:00 PM

Interesting. . .
    So, if it comes in higher than -250,000, is that “better than expected”?

Supposedly. It’s called damage control. A little late for my taste. The job market won’t recover for a long time IMO.

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 01 October 2009 04:51 PM #68

Looks like an ugly close - not that the entire day hasn’t been enogh ugly! rolleyes

[ Edited: 01 October 2009 04:53 PM by Plato ]

Signature

• Posted: 01 October 2009 05:01 PM #69

Stupid RIMM - only down 45 cents - what does it take for this POS to move down $1? A 500 drop in the Dow?? Oh well, may be tomorrow!

Signature

Posted: 01 October 2009 05:05 PM #70

Plato - 01 October 2009 08:01 PM

Stupid RIMM - only down 45 cents - what does it take for this POS to move down $1? A 500 drop in the Dow?? Oh well, may be tomorrow!

Have you been watching this stock post earnings?  Down about 20% since then…  Buyers coming in a little early looks more like 60 a good entry point.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

• Posted: 01 October 2009 05:15 PM #71

runedge - 01 October 2009 08:05 PM
    Plato - 01 October 2009 08:01 PM

Have you been watching this stock post earnings?  Down about 20% since then…  Buyers coming in a little early looks more like 60 a good entry point.

Yes I have. Don’t forget the stock more than doubled from 35 to 88! The earnings were bad and the forecast gloomy. But the share price is still overvalued IMO. They lack inovation - look at their latest products, they loose customers by the minute to Apple. Even Verizon starts to doubt about their best contract partner.

Will see where they are by the end of the year.

[ Edited: 01 October 2009 05:19 PM by Plato ]

Signature

Posted: 01 October 2009 05:36 PM #72

Plato - 01 October 2009 07:51 PM

Looks like an ugly close - not that the entire day hasn’t been enogh ugly! rolleyes

Yep. Very ugly close. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. More ugliness?

Signature

Posted: 01 October 2009 06:00 PM #73

Sheesh. I run off and play hooky and the world falls apart. GM axes the Saturn division, Ken Lewis resigns, and the .DJI sells off 350 points.

Looks like the technical pullback that Plato and I blabbed about a week or two ago and the question I’ve got to puzzle out is how much value is there to buy or do I get greedy and hope the sky keeps falling.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 01 October 2009 06:55 PM #74

Eric Landstrom - 01 October 2009 09:00 PM

Sheesh. I run off and play hooky and the world falls apart. GM axes the Saturn division, Ken Lewis resigns, and the .DJI sells off 350 points.

Looks like the technical pullback that Plato and I blabbed about a week or two ago and the question I’ve got to puzzle out is how much value is there to buy or do I get greedy and hope the sky keeps falling.

That’s what you get from running off - or playing hooky!  tongue laugh

I was surprised that BAC didn’t go up after getting rid (or almost) of that looser Lewis! But I guess even BAC couldn’t defy the strong market gravity! I hope we correct more - first I think it is healthy and was overdue, and secondly I am still holding puts!  :-D

Signature

Posted: 01 October 2009 07:08 PM #75

Plato - 01 October 2009 09:55 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 01 October 2009 09:00 PM

That’s what you get from running off - or playing hooky!  tongue laugh

I was surprised that BAC didn’t go up after getting rid (or almost) of that looser Lewis! But I guess even BAC couldn’t defy the strong market gravity! I hope we correct more - first I think it is healthy and was overdue, and secondly I am still holding puts!  :-D

Contrary to conventional wisdom, I like Lewis. The weekend meeting over how to backstop Lehman and the rest of the I-banks resulted in John Thain offering Ken Lewis MER but without enough time for due diligence. When due diligence was performed and MER was found to have more losses than originally expected, Lewis wanted to back out on the MAC clause but Lewis was placed in an untenable position when Hank Paulson told him that if the MER deal didn’t go through, Lewis and the BoD could expect to be sacked.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.