Three Cheers for Dawn Treader

Posted: 19 October 2009 09:53 PM

Today seems an appropriate day to thank our administrator for all his hard work in running a friendly, civil, intelligent board.

[ Edited: 20 October 2009 03:06 PM by DawnTreader ]

Signature

The more I learn the higher I go,
        The higher I go the more I see;
    The more I see the less I know,
        The less I know the more I’m free.

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:01 PM #1

Second. Nice job, especially for a volunteer, labour of love effort!

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:04 PM #2

I believe in DT’s great work just like I believe in the future of aapl.  The past year has seen A LOT of fighting yet DT has been a common thread to keep this site together.  thanks!!!!

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:12 PM #3

Yes thanks DT for your continued commitment! And to all the other moderators as well.

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:20 PM #4

Great job, moderators! Any time money and ego are involved, emotions can get frayed. You have truely done an outstanding service.

Now, if you could send me that link you took down that would let one rip mp3 files. I really wanted that one. smile j/k

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

• Posted: 19 October 2009 10:23 PM #5

Thanks for making this a great place to hang !

What a quarter !!!!!!!!!!

GO APPL !

• Posted: 19 October 2009 10:35 PM #6

Yep DT many thanks….....

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:38 PM #7

And thanks to Artman for his pretty cool sense of humor of late and the Sponge for his ability to take a joke.  It’s been a fun board to hang around again…

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:53 PM #8

+1, many thanks for your time DT

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:58 PM #9

Please sent one share each to DT :apple:.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 19 October 2009 11:47 PM #10

Thanks, DT!  And thanks to all the posters who have made this a great read 365 days of the year.  I may be obsessed with Apple and AAPL, but at least I’m not the only one!

Posted: 20 October 2009 12:04 AM #11

runedge - 20 October 2009 01:38 AM

And thanks to Artman for his pretty cool sense of humor of late and the Sponge for his ability to take a joke.  It’s been a fun board to hang around again…

Hey as soon as Lara Croft changed to Sponge this board has never been the same.  It is rare you can have a sponge that can lose so much money and still manage to make you all laugh. :-D

This board thanx to DT is awesome.  We all comment when things are good, but even when things are bad we can discuss like adults and still manage to take shots at our tree hugging liberal friends. :wink:

• Posted: 20 October 2009 12:20 AM #12

Kudos to DT for his skillful management and insight.  And with everyone’s collective wisdom led by ringmaster DT (and other moderators as well!), we’ll get to $300 that much faster…

• Posted: 20 October 2009 12:53 AM #13

It’s been a few years now, DT, since I bought AAPL at $7.49 (split adjusted) and started hanging out here.  I miss Tommo and a few others that have wandered away, and I worry about those that have gotten devastated by margin calls from time to time.  My wife is still using the iPhone Mace so graciously distributed.  It’s been a long and bumpy road, and lately it’s been rough going in places, but things are looking up.  Thanks for being here, one and all, and thanks for your hard work, especially DT and the other mods.

Posted: 20 October 2009 01:01 AM #14

Thanks to DT and all the contributors. This place has truly been an oasis for me. There have been times where I used to read reports about how bad Apple was doing and how the stock was going to tank, but thankfully, I turned to this group for information. That information has saved me many a penny. I bought more late last year as the stock was heading down, and was so tempted to buy earlier today when it was in the mid 180’s. I didn’t because for personal reasons I needed to stay liquid.

Again, to DT and the rest of the moderators and contributors, THANKS.

Posted: 20 October 2009 01:11 AM #15

yeah… what they said DT smile