What are your favorite games for iPhone and iPod touch?

• Posted: 02 November 2009 12:21 PM

I’ve never been a big gamer. When I was a kid I had a NES and the original Game Boy, but was not in a hurry to spend $50 a pop on console games that may or may not hold my interest long-term.

Thanks to the iPhone I’m finding I actually buy games now. With lots of options at $5 and less (in addition to plenty of free options), I’m a lot more inclined to pick up a game here and there. And I actually play them—I would never buy and carry around a dedicated system like a PSP, but I’d play on my iPhone when there’s time to kill, since it just happens to be with me all the time.

What are your favorite games for iPhone and iPod touch? Both free and paid suggestions are welcome.

[ Edited: 02 November 2009 01:05 PM by David Nelson ]      
  • Posted: 02 November 2009 01:02 PM #1

Personally I’ve been playing Bejeweled 2 and Fling (puzzle games). I also enjoy Word Warp and Scrabble (word/letter games.)

I wouldn’t mind having some kind of flight/space simulator, but I haven’t tried many. Any recommendations?

My wish list: I’d love to see WarCraft II and Lemmings ported to the platform. Those are two classics that I really enjoyed and that could work very well with a touch interface. I did see Oregon Trail and purchased it for the sake of nostalgia, though I haven’t spent any real time playing it. smile

[ Edited: 02 November 2009 01:07 PM by David Nelson ]

Posted: 03 December 2009 10:22 AM #2

My number one favorite without question is Flight Control.  Simple idea landing aircraft on runways as the air traffic controller, biut it is very addicting for me.  Flick has a couple good choices, flick fishing, flick bowling, skee bowl.  Pinball game wildwest,  Racing real racing GTI (free).  Bejeweled 2, Tris, StoneLoops , field runners puzzle aqua forest, Enigmo

Posted: 03 December 2009 11:22 AM #3

I’m addicted to Bloons TD.
    Other games: Geodefense, GD swarm (yeah, I’m a TD addict). StoneLoops. Spider.

• Posted: 03 December 2009 11:28 AM #4

the original Doom is my favorite. I never was able to finish it since I only played it on a friends Pentium when ever I was over at his house, so I’m happy blasting through it now. Real Soccer 09 is fun too.

Signature

Less is More (more or less).

Posted: 03 December 2009 11:28 AM #5

I’m hooked on Peggle, Pebbles, and ORBITAL. Oh, and Ramp Champ, too. Must. Stop. Buying. iPhone games.

• Posted: 03 December 2009 11:47 AM #6

Flick Fishing

Signature

Posted: 03 December 2009 01:45 PM #7

Mine are Real Racing, Flight Control, Alice (Steve Capps rocks!). I’m also playing Cooking Dash and Warfare Incorporated.

Signature

—Kirschen / macgeekette / aviatrix / software engineerkirschen on twitter

Posted: 03 December 2009 05:10 PM #8

Fieldrunners. Love it.

Signature

Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream.

• Posted: 14 December 2009 05:48 PM #9

“sru” simple but addictive

• Posted: 17 December 2009 02:57 PM #10

hello! I am not like they say “a gamer”, but I love the easy games(puzzle, balance, easy shouters). So since it appeared my favorite are allaround, icandies.

Image Attachments

aroundlogoT.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Posted: 30 December 2009 01:34 PM #11

This thread is ripe for attracting spammers.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 30 December 2009 07:39 PM #12

My top 5 iPhone applications are Scrabble, Scramble, Bouncedown, FastMall and Paperboy. :!:

I especially love the tv commercial for FastMall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHT9Fw3x6o

Signature

iPhone app lover!

• Posted: 25 January 2010 03:06 AM #13

My favorite lately has been Bejeweled. I also like Word Warp and Fling.

• Posted: 31 December 2012 05:15 AM #14

The games i prefer are jewel quest and hay day. Really good and interesting.

• Posted: 31 December 2012 01:38 PM #15

It’s been a while since my original post so I’ll add a few more…

Letterpress
    Tetris (by EA)
    Angry Birds (don’t play regularly, but I try new levels whenever there’s an update)