AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 15 November 2009 07:17 PM

Let’s go!

[ Edited: 21 November 2009 03:49 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 15 November 2009 08:25 PM #1

Futures popped and dollar dropped with the report of higher Japan GDP than anticipated.  Futures took out the high from Friday.  Nice set up to start the week if you are long…

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

• Posted: 15 November 2009 08:57 PM #2

runedge - 16 November 2009 12:25 AM

Futures popped and dollar dropped with the report of higher Japan GDP than anticipated.  Futures took out the high from Friday.  Nice set up to start the week if you are long…

Yes, indeed.  Retailers will be reporting this week too, so it could add fuel to a rally if the #s are better than expected. 

And I know this might border on wishful thinking, but Apple’s new over-the-top store in NYC that opened this weekend might awaken some influential Apple-watchers that Apple is firing on all TEN cylinders.  If I was there, seeing the traffic, I would likely find Apple hard to resist as a stock to own…

• Posted: 16 November 2009 12:14 AM #3

Monday

R4         212.06
      midpoint   210.68
    R3       209.30
      midpoint   207.92
    R2       206.54
      midpoint   206.02
    R1       205.50
      midpoint   204.64
    PP       203.78
      midpoint   203.26
    S1       202.74
      midpoint   201.88
    S2       201.02
      midpoint   199.64
    S3       198.26
      midpoint   196.88
    S4       195.50

Posted: 16 November 2009 12:28 AM #4

Mercel - 16 November 2009 12:57 AM

Retailers will be reporting this week too, so it could add fuel to a rally if the #s are better than expected.

Add Fuel? You just reminded me of a home movie of mine.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

• Posted: 16 November 2009 12:44 AM #5

Eric Landstrom - 16 November 2009 04:28 AM

Retailers will be reporting this week too, so it could add fuel to a rally if the #s are better than expected.

The operative word is “could.” I take it you’re not optimistic…

The video was Evel Knievel’s warm up to his ill-fated Caesar’s Palace jump?

Posted: 16 November 2009 02:12 AM #6

Mercel - 16 November 2009 04:44 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 16 November 2009 04:28 AM

The operative word is “could.” I take it you’re not optimistic…

The video was Evel Knievel’s warm up to his ill-fated Caesar’s Palace jump?

I thought that little video was rather pedestrian compared to some other home movies.

Anyway, I’m an eternal optimist!

Right now I’m keen on retail numbers even as housing warms up with the extension of the first-time buyers program. Think it through: who are my neighbors:

1) One sells heating and air conditioning into data centers?this gives me a boots-on-the-ground view of spending in tech.
    2) Another owns a high-end bedding store?this tells me how aspirational goods are selling.
    3) Another is a real estate broker?which informs me how the housing and commercial real estate space is performing.
    4) Another owns the local Ford dealer?which tells me how discretionary durables/transportation is doing?especially in fleet sales.
    5) Another is in oil….

My neighborhood is a microcosm for America?except nobody lost their job and none of the wives work and we drink beer out of cans.

[ Edited: 16 November 2009 02:31 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 16 November 2009 10:40 AM #7

The Fruit Company seems to be doing quite well on higher than expected retail numbers which has formed this morning’s theme.

Circumstantially, on Saturday my home improvement store’s huge parking lot was full. The first time ever.

[ Edited: 16 November 2009 10:58 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Posted: 16 November 2009 11:36 AM #8

Very grin
    playing the Santa Claus rally.

Posted: 16 November 2009 11:36 AM #9

A break over 208.71 could see a nice little short squeeze.  Shorts have been able to bring aapl down each time it hit the upper trend line (line goes back to March) and now that we’ve broken I would imagine the last stops are sitting at 208.71 range.  Sold some into strength but holding to see if we break over this level today.  If so could see a nice continued rally (remember there are no buyers over 208.71 waiting to get out because they are underwater)...

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 16 November 2009 11:41 AM #10

While the retail space rises with SHLD the big winner, 80% of reporting companies have beaten estimates.

Signature

Posted: 16 November 2009 11:45 AM #11

runedge - 16 November 2009 03:36 PM

A break over 208.71 could see a nice little short squeeze.  Shorts have been able to bring aapl down each time it hit the upper trend line (line goes back to March) and now that we’ve broken I would imagine the last stops are sitting at 208.71 range.  Sold some into strength but holding to see if we break over this level today.  If so could see a nice continued rally (remember there are no buyers over 208.71 waiting to get out because they are underwater)...

Not enough shorts in the float to squeeze, IMO.

Signature

Posted: 16 November 2009 11:49 AM #12

Doesn’t always work out but selling then buying back cheaper is such a wonderful thing, especially on such a bullish day like today.  It will take a few more nice trades like this to get over the fact that the Patriots (Bellichick) really F’d up last night.  Why do you go for it on 4th and 2 in that situation.  No more football for a while for me.  End of rant!

Signature

Posted: 16 November 2009 02:25 PM #13

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The sponge is on a weekend getaway with the fam.

Bought more aapl shares 40 min before market opened via iPhone at 205.44

I am now in about 95%.  Patiently waiting for 225 in the next 30 days.

Retail sales are showing relative strength. The Whole Foods store in Monterey was packed the other night. Apple opening 50 more stores next year bodes well for us.

Good Luck to all.

Posted: 16 November 2009 03:50 PM #14

Is everybody making popcorn for when BAC’s Brian Moynihan testifies on the Hill in the ongoing witch hunt?

Moynihan is expected to explain to people who don’t get it that MER’s sale averted a further collapse. I don’t expect for Moynihan to explain that avoiding financial collapse was why Hank Paulson blackmailed Lewis with the threat of sacking him and the BoD if BAC exercised the MAC clause to bail on the purchase of MER.

Signature

Posted: 16 November 2009 04:11 PM #15

Eric Landstrom - 16 November 2009 07:50 PM

Is everybody making popcorn for when BAC’s Brian Moynihan testifies on the Hill in the ongoing witch hunt?

Moynihan is expected to explain to people who don’t get it that MER’s sale averted a further collapse. I don’t expect for Moynihan to explain that avoiding financial collapse was why Hank Paulson blackmailed Lewis with the threat of sacking him and the BoD if BAC exercised the MAC clause to bail on the purchase of MER.

Still have plenty of the kid’s halloween candy so no need for popcorn.  On other news I heard “reports” that the gov has info pointing towards Lewis strong arming the government and playing his own game of hardball.  Apparently BAC legal was not advising an out via an MAC clause.

[ Edited: 16 November 2009 04:15 PM by runedge ]

Signature