AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 23 November 2009 06:37 PM #16

Doesn’t look like HP’s earnings are hurting AAPL after hours.

Posted: 23 November 2009 07:11 PM #17

willrob - 23 November 2009 10:37 PM

Doesn’t look like HP’s earnings are hurting AAPL after hours.

Forgot that HPQ pre announced and other than a revenue beat it was a non event.  Shows that DELL really SUCKS and it’s not a market problem but an execution on Dell’s part…

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 23 November 2009 07:54 PM #18

artman1033 - 23 November 2009 06:06 PM

My goodness sake!!!

What is the inner meaning of your current avatar Eric?

The inner meaning is that like shoes and office chairs, I hate car shopping (though I like to haggle).

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 23 November 2009 10:15 PM #19

Eric Landstrom - 23 November 2009 11:54 PM

... and office chairs, ...

Speaking of which, I could use a good office chair. Thinking of a Steelcase Leap or Herman Miller Aeron. Any pros or cons to either? Any other suggestions?

• Posted: 23 November 2009 11:15 PM #20

Tuesday

R4         213.86
      midpoint   212.34
    R3       210.81
      midpoint   209.29
    R2       207.76
      midpoint   207.12
    R1       206.48
      midpoint   205.60
    PP       204.71
      midpoint   204.07
    S1       203.43
      midpoint   202.55
    S2       201.66
      midpoint   200.14
    S3       198.61
      midpoint   197.09
    S4       195.56

• Posted: 23 November 2009 11:24 PM #21

CaptainBoom - 24 November 2009 02:15 AM

Speaking of which, I could use a good office chair. Thinking of a Steelcase Leap or Herman Miller Aeron. Any pros or cons to either? Any other suggestions?

I went with Steelcase (I think the model is Drive).  I’m kind of bored with the Aeron chair, but it is comfortable.

• Posted: 23 November 2009 11:31 PM #22

I sold 1,000 shares end of day for a nice $4 share gain from late last week.  Possibly sold early, but after rising $6 in one day, I might have a chance to repurchase shares tomorrow (Tuesday).

Posted: 24 November 2009 12:08 AM #23

The ultimate in adjustability is the Vert? chair. Personally I think the Steelcase is way better than the Aerons. Chase down an architect friend to make the purchase since registered architects get 40% off any office supplier worth their salt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6pIRNIfJnU

Also Herman Miller has something new that I haven’t tried but would like to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DnyGofgJw&feature=related

[ Edited: 24 November 2009 12:12 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 24 November 2009 12:54 AM #24

Eric Landstrom - 24 November 2009 04:08 AM

Also Herman Miller has something new that I haven’t tried but would like to check out.

Those are two unsightly chairs.  I suppose looks don’t matter if you’re sitting on an otherwise comfortable chair.  But I would not have either chair spoiling my office feng shui.

Posted: 24 November 2009 01:02 AM #25

Mercel - 24 November 2009 04:54 AM
    Eric Landstrom - 24 November 2009 04:08 AM

Those are two unsightly chairs.  I suppose looks don’t matter if you’re sitting on an otherwise comfortable chair.  But I would not have either chair spoiling my office feng shui.

If you want Feng Shui go with a Hernan Miller eames aluminum group management chair like the one below (the executive chair is the high back version).

Signature

• Posted: 24 November 2009 01:23 AM #26

Eames was a master…my faith in your sense for aesthetic design has been restored.  Personally, I favor Le Corbusier and Noguchi.

[ Edited: 24 November 2009 01:26 AM by ByeTMO ]      
  • Posted: 24 November 2009 09:19 AM #27

artman1033 - 24 November 2009 12:46 PM

AT&T launched a prepaid wireless broadband service on Monday, following the lead of competitor Verizon Wireless.
    Pricing for the new AT&T DataConnect Pass plans are the same as what Verizon Wireless is charging. Customers can pay $15 for a daily pass with a data usage cap of 75 megabytes. A weekly plan costs $30 and allows for 250MB of data usage. And the monthly plan is $50 and offers 500MB of usage.

From HERE!

iPhone tethering is here!

That is a lot of money…. In fact, THAT IS PATHETIC!

As the article says though, it’s the same amount Verizon is charging for a prepaid plan.  Although I believe Verizon has more plans to fit your needs.

• Posted: 24 November 2009 10:04 AM #28

Mercel - 24 November 2009 01:19 PM

As the article says though, it’s the same amount Verizon is charging for a prepaid plan.  Although I believe Verizon has more plans to fit your needs.

These are pre-paid plans which are vastly different than the structure for post-paid pricing and customer relationships. It’s kind of like what one pays to rent a car for a day or a weekend versus a multi-year lease relationship for a car.

• Posted: 24 November 2009 10:10 AM #29

I’ve been sitting in this for about four years.

http://www.knoll.com/products/brochures/Lifebrochure.pdf

The Aeron is an anthropometric mess in my opinion.  90% of a persons weight is handled by the seating area with less than 10 by the back.  The Aeron is nothing more than a sling seat.  (Think directors chair and it’s perimeter frame).  It forces your ischial tuberosities towards the center of the sling which can’t be good for the spinal column.  If you look at the Life chair, have them remove the seat pad.  Below you will find a very sophisticated piece of polypropylene thats been designed to support your buttocks properly in movement and when you switch locations within the seat pan area. 

I’m also a fan of Niels Diffrient and his Freedom Chair.  (like Eames and Saarinen he was a Cranbrook grad)

http://www.humanscale.com/products/freedom_index.cfm

Haven’t spent extended time sitting in it though.

Signature

I don’t mind being wrong…,I just hate being wrong so FAST!

• Posted: 24 November 2009 10:49 AM #30

Bought back shares at 203.77.  See if we pop back up today.