AAPL Intraday Updates

Posted: 24 November 2009 11:34 AM #31

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The sponge bought more stock this morning.  My IRA is now fully funded with aapl shares :-D

Regular trading account is also 100% full of aapl.  Now we sit back and get wait to get this week behind us and then continue our rally.

Not much evidence, but many kids at my son’s school are asking their parents for either an iPhone or iPod Touch.  I think Apple may surprise us with the iPod numbers this quarter.

Good Luck to all.

Posted: 24 November 2009 12:05 PM #32

GM Saab sale is off: Yet another Saab story of ailing GM.

How long before GM goes BK again?

Disclosure: Swiss Family Landstrom is now GM free.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 24 November 2009 12:43 PM #33

artman1033 - 24 November 2009 04:10 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 24 November 2009 04:05 PM

Perhaps Retail sales are still not recovering.
    Houses are not recovering.

How are we really different from a year ago?

The consumers ain’t consuming!

While I was buying a Lexus yesterday it looked like they were doing pretty good business and BBY is at a 52 week high suggesting that their business is doing well.

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 24 November 2009 01:42 PM #34

artman1033 - 24 November 2009 05:09 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 24 November 2009 04:43 PM
    artman1033 - 24 November 2009 04:10 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 24 November 2009 04:05 PM

Perhaps Retail sales are still not recovering.
    Houses are not recovering.

How are we really different from a year ago?

The consumers ain’t consuming!

While I was buying a Lexus yesterday it looked like they were doing pretty good business and BBY is at a 52 week high suggesting that their business is doing well.

I have been following BBY for a number of years. They are ALWAYS higher in their best selling season.

I am ALWAYS talking about the average consumer, not the AVERAGE AAPL shareholder

Here in Minnesota I thought only the children were above average while the rest of us were average, ordinary everyday victims of good marketing, no?

Signature

Posted: 24 November 2009 02:18 PM #35

Anyone want to throw out an educated answer to this question.  5 year bonds auctioned off very well (2.17 avg yield).  It was mentioned that financial institutions are moving cash to securities for year end reviews by regulators but I don’t buy that with a 5 year note.  The long end of the curve has struggled as it should whereas the short end 30 day for example is a good place to park cash.  Foreign investments were high and perhaps it’s just that driving down yields.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 24 November 2009 03:07 PM #36

Eric Landstrom - 24 November 2009 04:43 PM

... While I was buying a Lexus yesterday ...

Which model?  Why not Acura or Infiniti?

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 24 November 2009 04:00 PM #37

runedge - 24 November 2009 06:18 PM

Anyone want to throw out an educated answer to this question.  5 year bonds auctioned off very well (2.17 avg yield).  It was mentioned that financial institutions are moving cash to securities for year end reviews by regulators but I don’t buy that with a 5 year note.  The long end of the curve has struggled as it should whereas the short end 30 day for example is a good place to park cash.  Foreign investments were high and perhaps it’s just that driving down yields.

Doing some research to answer my own question.  If I’m a MBS fund and I feel rates will go lower as a hedge I want to be buying treasuries to hedge against prepayment risk when consumers refi and now I reinvest that cash back into treasuries assuring I keep a rate of return that interests me.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 24 November 2009 04:50 PM #38

This drives me nuts… 1 in 4 mortgages are underwater and this will drive foreclosures.  Just because a mortgage is underwater does not mean a homeowner cannot service their debt it just means they can’t sell their house.  A bank cannot and is not going to foreclose on an underwater mortgage when you are making your monthly payment.  There’s no convenants violated here…

Signature

Posted: 24 November 2009 05:32 PM #39

runedge - 24 November 2009 08:50 PM

This drives me nuts… 1 in 4 mortgages are underwater and this will drive foreclosures.  Just because a mortgage is underwater does not mean a homeowner cannot service their debt it just means they can’t sell their house.  A bank cannot and is not going to foreclose on an underwater mortgage when you are making your monthly payment.  There’s no convenants violated here…

Could you explain what would happen for the following scenarios:

a.  Mortgagee stops monthly payment.

b.  Mortgagee sells the house.

c.  Mortgagee refinances.  Possible?

d.  Mortgagee continues to make monthly payment.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 24 November 2009 05:59 PM #40

Mace - 24 November 2009 09:32 PM

Default, but I’m saying just because you are underwater doesn’t mean you will default it just means you are underwater.

You can’t sell the house - how you going to pay off the mortgage?

You can’t refinance, you have no equity and chances are don’t have cash to put down to build equity.

Nothing happens and that is what I think happens to 90% plus percent of these 1 in 4 homes.

Signature

• Posted: 24 November 2009 08:55 PM #41

artman1033 - 24 November 2009 10:32 PM

IS PLAYBOY GOING BELLY UP?

Well, I saw this too.  Sex still sells, but I’m afraid much of what Playboy offers has gone to the internet.  And you need an Apple computer for that, not a subscription.

This is an observation of a detached third party mind you….

• Posted: 24 November 2009 09:06 PM #42

artman1033 - 24 November 2009 10:32 PM

IS PLAYBOY GOING BELLY UP?

Only on the center pages… raspberry

Signature

Posted: 24 November 2009 10:53 PM #43

Santa - all I really want for Christmas is a 4 handle on the first time claims in the morning and the EUR/US$ to close above 1.5000 (both are possible tomorrow) and could really ignite things. 

Oh yeah, Santa if you have room, I could also use a new iMac…

Thanks!

Signature

• Posted: 25 November 2009 01:16 AM #44

Wednesday

R4         213.35
      midpoint   211.86
    R3       210.37
      midpoint   208.88
    R2       207.39
      midpoint   206.65
    R1       205.91
      midpoint   205.16
    PP       204.41
      midpoint   203.67
    S1       202.93
      midpoint   202.18
    S2       201.43
      midpoint   199.94
    S3       198.45
      midpoint   196.96
    S4       195.47

Posted: 25 November 2009 02:50 AM #45

runedge - 24 November 2009 09:59 PM
    Mace - 24 November 2009 09:32 PM

Default, but I’m saying just because you are underwater doesn’t mean you will default it just means you are underwater.

You can’t sell the house - how you going to pay off the mortgage?

You can’t refinance, you have no equity and chances are don’t have cash to put down to build equity.

Nothing happens and that is what I think happens to 90% plus percent of these 1 in 4 homes.

Aren’t all car loans basically upside down?

Signature