AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

• Posted: 13 December 2009 05:52 PM

It’s Sunday. Tomorrow’s Monday. Let’s get started…

[ Edited: 20 December 2009 03:04 PM by DawnTreader ]      
  • Posted: 13 December 2009 06:51 PM #1

Monday

R4         209.08
      midpoint   206.79
    R3       204.51
      midpoint   202.22
    R2       199.94
      midpoint   198.62
    R1       197.30
      midpoint   196.34
    PP       195.37
      midpoint   194.05
    S1       192.73
      midpoint   191.77
    S2       190.80
      midpoint   188.51
    S3       186.23
      midpoint   183.94
    S4       181.66

• Posted: 14 December 2009 12:45 AM #2

Does Friday’s move not concern anyone else here? We saw a “supposed” positive econ surprise, the market “celebrated” by going green by a BIT, yet again AAPL was down…

Can we really see $200 ever again?

Posted: 14 December 2009 01:20 AM #3

Futures popped hard when Abu Dhabi came through with 10 billion tonight.  C may be announcing a TARP exit deal in the AM as well.  Many moving parts in this this market here.  Many deer in the headlights IMO.  Will Santa’s sleigh land on Wall St this year or have we been too naughty for some holiday cheer?  I’m tempted to delete the nonsense I just typed but what the hell you already read it.  Greenspan by the way was talking AGAIN both in a positive (jobs will come back faster) and negative (Fed needs to start pulling out cash NOW) light.  When he was Fed Chairman I’m sure he loved hearing Volker share his view on monetary policy.  End of rant….

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

Posted: 14 December 2009 01:24 AM #4

By the way, what’s up with Berlusconi getting clocked and knocking out a few teeth today?  Doesn’t he have security?

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

• Posted: 14 December 2009 03:42 AM #5

runedge - 14 December 2009 05:24 AM

By the way, what’s up with Berlusconi getting clocked and knocking out a few teeth today?  Doesn’t he have security?

either one of his Mafia-connections got back to him…or a jealous boyfriend from one of his mistresses grin
    either way, it surprises me that it took so long before finally somebody tried to express his feelings by knocking a couple of his teeth’s out…now he really can play the tough, glamour boy on TV… he loves it…

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 14 December 2009 07:32 AM #6

JP Morgan raised AAPL’s price target to $230.

Posted: 14 December 2009 09:28 AM #7

runedge - 14 December 2009 05:24 AM

That’s too bad and uncalled for.

Meanwhile I’m suffering the illiquidity of PM with a bid 2 cents above the market but nobody is filling my C order.

Edit: groan $0.04 cents below my bid.

Edit: Thank you ARCHIPELAGO HOLDINGS, L.L.C.  :rollsanta:

[ Edited: 14 December 2009 09:36 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 14 December 2009 10:03 AM #8

C is paying back TRAP with $17B raised through a secondary.

Edit: On CNBC just now Sheila C. Bair, head of the FDIC, refused to comment on Citigroup’s statement that based upon any metric, Citigroup is stronger than any other bank out there. She also stated that she expects that there will be more bank failures next year than “even this year but far less than the peak of the S and L scandal.”

[ Edited: 14 December 2009 10:12 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

Posted: 14 December 2009 10:35 AM #9

artman1033 - 14 December 2009 02:22 PM
    Eric Landstrom - 14 December 2009 02:03 PM

C is paying back TRAP with $17B raised through a secondary.

Edit: On CNBC just now Sheila C. Bair, head of the FDIC, refused to comment on Citigroup’s statement that based upon any metric, Citigroup is stronger than any other bank out there. She also stated that she expects that there will be more bank failures next year than “even this year but far less than the peak of the S and L scandal.”

There are folks who like to complain about Ms. Bair and the FDIC.

Not me!

The “too big to fail” companies became “banks” but are treated differently than “regular” banks that fail when they fail.

An investment thesis is to accept .gov as an investment partner and buy with both hands those institutions that .gov has its fingers into.

The gubbament is making $5.7B on C’s TRAP repayment. Meanwhile, and Tan will love this, FRE is up better than 6%.

Signature

Posted: 14 December 2009 11:21 AM #10

Mercel - 14 December 2009 11:32 AM

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 14 December 2009 11:40 AM #11

TanToday - 14 December 2009 03:21 PM

Who are these people who buy glossy displays? The whole glossy bezel, glossy display is a deal-breaker for me.

Signature

Posted: 14 December 2009 11:42 AM #12

Eric Landstrom - 14 December 2009 03:40 PM
    TanToday - 14 December 2009 03:21 PM

Who are these people who buy glossy displays? The whole glossy bezel, glossy display is a deal-breaker for me.

Guys like ME who love to look at themselves constantly during days like today when this market S$cks!  - Is this boring action or what here???

Signature

Posted: 14 December 2009 11:50 AM #13

So looks like BAC and the CEO of Bank New York Mellon is down to compensation talks.

Signature

Posted: 14 December 2009 11:53 AM #14

New meaning to Deer in the headlights - http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/12/14/dnt.deer.in.xmas.lights.kktv

The Christmas version…

Signature

Posted: 14 December 2009 11:55 AM #15

Last post for a bit here, promise but just saw that the CEO’s of GS, MS and I forget the third are going to miss today’s banksta talk with the Prez because their COMMERCIAL flights were delayed due to weather.  Love it….

Signature