VMWare Fusion 2.06 for Mac Question?

• Posted: 27 December 2009 12:45 PM

I installed VMWare Fusion onto my Mac and then installed Windows XP for the OS. It defaulted the install into my Documents directory.  I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Besides my Time Machine and SuperDuper backup, I back up my documents directory to a .dmg file and save to a flash drive through automator. To achieve this, I have moved my Virtual Machine directory out of its default location into my Home directory. When I changed it, Fusion did ask me if I moved it or copied, in which I think I said I moved it.

I give all that information to ask this. In my original default install, did it set up as a “GUEST” log in into Fusion, or did it change it to “GUEST” after I moved it to the other directory? Because, now when I make any changes or save any websites in explorer, they will not save. My home page will not stay, login information has to be typed over every time. Its like every time I log out and then log back in, I am back to a Guest user and have to retype and re-look everything.

I hope this makes sense. It may have been this way from the start, but I do not remember it being that way. I know I can uninstall and re install, but I thought there may be something I am missing or something that can be changed without having to go through all that.

Thanks for any help,

George.

Signature

My other hobby:  http://geokost.zenfolio.com/

Go Razorbacks!!! Love them HOGS, Wooo, Pig, Soooie!!!