AAPL Intraday Updates

• Posted: 27 December 2009 05:35 PM

On Thursday AAPL hit a new all-time high. Will Monday see a resumption of the rally or profit-taking in early trading?

[ Edited: 31 December 2009 09:30 PM by DawnTreader ]      

Posted: 27 December 2009 07:20 PM #1

Made a check at Sam’s today, completely sold out of ipods. With the momentum in Mac’s, this could be a very special quarter.

I must rant again though about itunes on Windows, dang it sucks. The GF’s son will not put his touch down, I see a Mac customer in the future. :-D

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 27 December 2009 11:11 PM #2

Asia up pretty good, good econ news out of Japan, USD v Eur showing weakness, ES futures already took out 12/24 highs, looking strong so far this coming week.

Signature

NOBAMA / Carter 2012 - “Yes we can - we just figured out a way - it’s called the American deem”

• Posted: 28 December 2009 12:37 AM #3

Monday

R4         225.26
      midpoint   222.26
    R3       219.26
      midpoint   216.26
    R2       213.26
      midpoint   212.22
    R1       211.18
      midpoint   209.22
    PP       207.26
      midpoint   206.22
    S1       205.18
      midpoint   203.22
    S2       201.26
      midpoint   198.26
    S3       195.26
      midpoint   192.26
    S4       189.26

Posted: 28 December 2009 08:10 AM #4

The iPod touch’s breakout Christmas
    Posted by Philip Elmer-DeWitt
    December 28, 2009 7:04 AM

Downloads grew 1000% on Christmas Day, surpassing the iPhone’s for the first time

PED’s column here

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 28 December 2009 09:25 AM #5

Wake up, wake up! AAPL @ 211.70. Yippee!!

Signature

Hocus pokus, hope it don’t poke us in the eye.

• Posted: 28 December 2009 10:00 AM #6

AAPL up $3 in PM.  I think we’re about to see a nice run.  Santa is not done yet!

Posted: 28 December 2009 10:14 AM #7

For Christmas I didn’t get a King Ranch edition of the F-150 that I dropped plenty of hints about.

Neither did I get the wall sconces I’ve been hankering for but it looks like everybody will be able to get a 10” iTablet for $699 someday and so the stock has continued to rally.

Selling into the rally at $212.20 in premarket is almost as good as the lever lock tape measure I got from my sister!

Edit: bought them back. It’s been awhile since I traded the Fruit Company again.

[ Edited: 28 December 2009 10:32 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 28 December 2009 11:21 AM #8

AAPL trading below its simple moving 10 and 20 and is creeping toward its simple moving 100 which is currently at $212.44. The price level where most of the recent buying interest has been occurring is interesting.

Edit: the moving 100 provided support around the $212.50ish

[ Edited: 28 December 2009 11:31 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

• Posted: 28 December 2009 11:37 AM #9

Brian Marshall of Broadpoint went to 260 target this morning

http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/broadpointamtech_boosts_apple_price_target_to_260/

• Posted: 28 December 2009 11:39 AM #10

Broadpoint.AmTech analyst Brian Marshall boosted his [Apple Inc. (AAPL)] target this morning to $260, from $235, repeating his Buy rating,” Eric Savitz reports for Barron’s.

Marshal “sees 11.3 million [iPhone] units in the quarter, above the Street at an estimated 8.8 million,” Savitz reports. “Marshall says the iPhone is now sold in about 90 countries, by more than 140 carriers.”

Savitz reports, “The analyst writes that Apple ‘remains the best technology company on the planet.’”

• Posted: 28 December 2009 11:40 AM #11

Apple Eagerly Waits to Begin New Year with Release of its Latest Gadget ?Tablet Computer? ? It has been anticipated by Apple that it is waiting eagerly to begin the New Year with the release of its latest gadget i.e. ?Tablet Computer?. Apple?s tablet computer will grant users to watch TV shows, surf web and read next generation in online newspapers and magazines.

In previous years, it has to be noticed that Apple had always used the month of January for releasing revolutionary products and as a matter of deviating the mind from other competitors, representing the latest inventions at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. In the last year January 2008, Apple launched ultra slim MacBook Air computer and at the same time CEO Steve Jobs declared the launch of first version of iPhone.

• Posted: 28 December 2009 11:42 AM #12

As for the talks with Disney about Apple television do remember that Steve Jobs is the single largest Disney shareholder and owns 7.4% of the shares outstanding.  I haven’t followed this but I presume he got shares for Pixar.  Regardless there is a close relationship there.

Posted: 28 December 2009 11:44 AM #13

barth - 28 December 2009 03:42 PM

As for the talks with Disney about Apple television do remember that Steve Jobs is the single largest Disney shareholder and owns 7.4% of the shares outstanding.  I haven’t followed this but I presume he got shares for Pixar.  Regardless there is a close relationship there.

You’ve got it right: Jobs received a pile of Disney common for Pixar.

Signature

Posted: 28 December 2009 12:06 PM #14

Good Morning Boys and Girls

The sponge bought a few shares last Thursday and added more today. I am in about as much as I can afford Margin and all.  I was hoping for a small pullback, but that never happened.  We are in uncharted waters at this point.

I am a little concerned with the speed of this run up.  I agree with many that we may never see 200 again, but if we go into the 230’s after earnings, we could see pullback into the single digits 200’s.

I am already looking 6 months down the road.  If we go into a double dip recession in 2nd half of the year, we could see the market peak in Feb and then start our slow decent for the rest of the year.

Just want to keep everyone abreast of the fact that WS has a nasty way of screwing aapl shareholders.  In Jan 2008 after great numbers and the introduction of the Air, we still went down with the rest of the market.

If the iTablet is announced, we could see a sudden spike and then just like the iPhone release, tread water until the actual release date.

Good Luck to all.  My buy at 212.83 is looking good already. grin

Posted: 28 December 2009 01:28 PM #15

The moving 100 was broken and now the 10, 200 and 100 will act like a line of resistance for a bit (though the ten just caught up as I type this). Drawing a simple line of support on the upward trend on a two week chart suggests that AAPL could fall back to around 206ish at some point. Looking at a six month chart and it looks like AAPL could roll over on technicals but this latest uptrend is on speculation regarding the iTablet and so rumor/news is trumping longer term technicals.What we do know is that there are a number of gaps up.

Signature