iPad and Games

• Posted: 28 January 2010 10:11 AM

Now it looks like the iPad can take Bluetooth accessories - wonder when someone will get it working with the Sony game controllers and make the iPad a true games machine?

Signature

Posted: 28 January 2010 10:38 AM #1

Perfect for in the car.  My sons plug the WII in during long car trips and use the built in 7” car display.  Since it appear the IPAD supports video out,  you should be able to use an external display like the hotel room tv to output.  With a couple wireless controllers we should have a nice and quiet gaming system for on the road.

Posted: 13 April 2010 11:12 PM #2

Now THIS is cool. This could become a really big hit.  :drool:

:apple:

• Posted: 14 April 2010 10:16 PM #3

glad this topic was started… I have been devoting a lot of time in the last month to looking, researching and investing in iPad games. I still have my Apple LEAPS but have bought a lot of Electronic arts LEAPS (ERTS) and a lot of Gameloft stock in France (GLOFF but symbols are different for Reuters and Bloomberg) Current price on GLOFF is 4 euros and there is only about 73 million shares outstanding. EA is breaking out to a new range above $19….... 330 million shares outstanding.
    These stocks have taken a beating over the years and are just beginning to recover. I have downloaded games from both companies and they are OUTSTANDING. Need for Speed($15) is better than the bestselling Real Racing HD($10) and I have tested this on some California teens. The open interest on these options is minuscule and Wall Street is not even aware of how big this is going to be.  Games from these companies are between 6 dollars and 15 dollars. EA has 5 games for the iPad currently and 4 of them are in the top Ten sellers. On the weekend I will try to update you guys but I have not been this excited (for a number of reasons) since I started buy Apple options 6? years ago.
    http://gizmodo.com/5511587/ipad-game-apps

Posted: 15 April 2010 11:18 AM #4

Thanks SNIPUS for the recommendation. Just bought some 2012 Leaps, $20 strike price. I also believe the iPad is the gaming device, among many other uses, of the future.  :wink:

:apple:

• Posted: 15 April 2010 03:55 PM #5

pats - 28 January 2010 02:38 PM

Since it appear the IPAD supports video out,  you should be able to use an external display like the hotel room tv to output.

Careful here? the iPad’s video out support is application-specific. It is not a general purpose iPad video mirrored to VGA, an application must be specifically coded to support it. The best article I’ve found on this so far is here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2362658,00.asp

The SDK supposedly allows apps to support VGA out, but I don’t know of any third-party apps that do this. Apple apps that support VGA out include Keynote, Videos, Photos, YouTube, and Safari when playing some video content.

• Posted: 15 April 2010 05:28 PM #6

iphonzie - 15 April 2010 06:55 PM
    pats - 28 January 2010 02:38 PM

Since it appear the IPAD supports video out,  you should be able to use an external display like the hotel room tv to output.

Careful here? the iPad’s video out support is application-specific. It is not a general purpose iPad video mirrored to VGA, an application must be specifically coded to support it.

Also worth adding that it doesn’t appear to allow you to output any DRMd video through the VGA port. So if you buy something on the iPad you have to watch it on the iPad. You will get a message that says this information is not authorized for this output device. I hope Apple can sort this somehow.

Signature