iPad on my nightstand

• Posted: 28 January 2010 11:24 AM

People who don’t get the iPad aren’t thinking about how they live their lives. Consider just one little piece of your life:  your nightstand.

Mine is cluttered with books, magazines, alarm clock, book light etc. All of that is going to be replaced by the iPad.  The iPad has so many advantages over physical mags and books in bed it’s a nobrainer great purchase for this purpose alone. My Macbook never could replace this because who wants to bring a Macbook into bed each night?

Hundreds of millions of people are going to have the iPad as the last thing they use at night and the first thing they use in the morning.

Any use of it during the day is sheer gravy.  A tsunami of gravy.

• Posted: 28 January 2010 11:57 AM #1

And with the Nightstand app it will become your alarm clock. That’s how I use my iPhone at night while it’s recharging.

• Posted: 28 January 2010 12:53 PM #2

Yep. My Iphone makes the trip to bed each night, serving as a dependable alarm clock and allowing me to unwind with reading, a game or music as I prepare for dreamland. IPad will take over those roles and more.

I’m not so sure how much I will spend at the IBook store, as I am an incorrigible collector of used books. But for browsing news sites and blogs, this can’t be beat.

Signature

"You are coming to a sad realization. Cancel or allow?"

Posted: 28 January 2010 01:11 PM #3

Exactly! I hear so many people bleating on about how it’s not a laptop and how it’s a closed system. They just don’t get it. So many other devices in our lives are closed: your TV, stereo, phone, toaster etc etc. Just because Windows turned us all into tech support types fiddling with the guts of our software to get the stupid thing to work properly, now there’s the assumption that we still need that sort of access to the internals just in case.

The iPad fills a lot of potential uses and Apple has thought differently. This really is a revolutionary device. All the naysayers probably would have thought the car wouldn’t catch on and that horses were better. Well, some people are just too wedded to their preconceived notions.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore