Smallville & Birds of Prey - Anybody else watch these?

Posted: 29 October 2002 09:51 AM

I admit it, I am a sucker for comic book movies and tv shows, even absolute horrible ones.

Yes, I watched Barb Wire..more than once. (Not for little miss silicone either!)

I only started watching Smallville this year, but am enjoying it. The part I enjoy is that Martha Kent is played by Annette O’Toole, who had played Lana Lang in the Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve.

The scenes between her and the new Lana are great, it seems as if the writer’s are determined to make it a match of new vs old.

Birds of Prey. I missed the premiere due to problems, but the next few episodes are interesting. Not quite what I would want for the series, but I hope it will pan out.

Signature

Remember what Obi-Wan said to Luke: “Oops! There goes your shirt!”

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

Posted: 30 October 2002 01:08 PM #1

I just can’t get into Smallville.  I like young Lex.  Clark is a…synonym for a kitty cat.  rolleyes

I’d like to watch Birds of Prey, since it looks interesting.  It doesn’t fit into my tv schedule at the moment, but I’ll try and catch it next time.

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

• Posted: 30 October 2002 01:46 PM #2

Birds of Prey looks interesting, or at least sexy, but I’m never home on Wednesday nights.  Church choir practice every week.

I’ve seen very little of Smallville, just enough to know that little Lana Lane is an incredibly beautiful little girl.  I don’t even know when it comes on, though, and I don’t have a TV at home since mine was stolen in August.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

Posted: 31 October 2002 06:47 PM #3

I caught the premiere of Birds of Prey, and it was Awful. Perhaps not “Batman & Robin” Awful, but certainly “Batman Forever” Awful. It felt rushed, ham-handed, predictable, and generally trying too hard to be hip.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

Posted: 31 October 2002 08:37 PM #4

As a rule of thumb, I give shows a season to get good. The first season(s) usually are not the best. Takes a while for the writer’s to get their groove on…

I do hope they get better though. While I like it like it is, it can stand for some improvement.

Signature

Silent Hill Resorts - A forum for the intelligent, mature Silent Hill fan to visit.

• Posted: 02 January 2003 06:34 PM #5

I finally saw an episode of Birds of Prey last night.  A repeat of their second episode, I think.  A bit corny, but lots of eye candy, including Harley Quinn, whom I remember from “Batman: the Animated Series”.  If they ever move it to another night, I might watch it more often.  For now, I’ll try LimeWire for missed episodes, though I’ve had little luck so far.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

Posted: 02 January 2003 09:08 PM #6

From what I understand, Birds of Prey has been canceled. :(

Will end this month.

Signature

• Posted: 03 January 2003 12:14 PM #7

And yet, that idiotic Friends show keeps going and going.  It’s so bad, I can’t stand to watch a full minute of it.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

Posted: 03 January 2003 07:19 PM #8

Just wait…they are working on a Friends movie with….wait for it..NUDITY!!!

Yay! We get to see people nude! Woo-Hoo! </sarcasm>

Signature

• Posted: 04 January 2003 08:31 AM #9

Well, if the girls are nude the whole time, and the guys aren’t in it at all, it just might be watchable.  Still not something I’d pay for, though.  rolleyes

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.

• Posted: 04 January 2003 02:50 PM #10

Two things, first of all get a VCR for the times you’re not home. VCRs are like $99 and save you the trouble of telling the others you missed an episode :D . Secondly, are they cancelling shows faster than in the past? Farscape gets cancelled, FireFly is near death, yet the awful comedy series keep getting new episodes :cry: .

Signature

Tjeerd van Hoytema

—-
    Join us at irc.macobserver.com #macobserver

Posted: 04 January 2003 04:55 PM #11

Actually, from the IMDb article I read (Which I cannot find now) it says the guy who plays Joey is the first one to be nude in the movie.

hmmm…just noticed there is not a vomit smiley.

Signature

• Posted: 05 January 2003 01:24 PM #12

[quote author=“hoytt”]Two things, first of all get a VCR for the times you’re not home. VCRs are like $99 and save you the trouble of telling the others you missed an episode :D . Secondly, are they cancelling shows faster than in the past? Farscape gets cancelled, FireFly is near death, yet the awful comedy series keep getting new episodes :cry: .

I did just get a TV/VCR combo for Christmas, so that may be a possibility.  At least, once I get some better rabbit ears, else the results won’t be watchable.  My parents always had rotten luck getting their VCR to tape shows without them being home, since they have cable to complicate matters, so I didn’t even think of that option.  Of course, the blank tapes are an added expense that I don’t need these days.

Oh, and fast cancelled shows?  I think that female lawyer’s show, “Girls Club”, must have set a record for only lasting two episodes.  Not that I saw it, but the pictures I saw in magazines made it look like ‘Playboy’s Women of the State Bar’.  FireFly and Bird of Prey only lasted about 4 months.  A few years back, Babylon 5:Crusade was cancelled even before it aired, but at least we got to see the 11 episodes that were shot.

Speaking of Crusade, I managed to download an episode via LimeWire, and it turned out to be one that I’d missed.  Really made my day!

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.