24 ***may contain spoilers for just-aired episodes***

• Posted: 29 October 2002 06:33 PM

It’s amazing.  I enjoy several other shows, but 24 remains a unique format (“Events take place in real time”), and they’ve come up with another gripping story line.  And they’re not afraid to pick something that could be close to home right now.

• Posted: 29 October 2002 07:44 PM #1

Having never seen a single episode from last season, I was impressed with the premiere. It reminded me of the way Tom Clancy writes in that it jumps from place to place following many threads at once.

If the same premise was distilled into a movie it couldn’t go into the same amount of detail.

-Dan

Signature

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

What’s the difference between a Mac and a PC? Macs are designed, PCs are assembled.

Posted: 29 October 2002 09:38 PM #2

Man, that was an incredible kick off for the new season.  Really intense, yet different from the last season.

Plus, Jinkies and I have spent many hours watching 12 episodes from season 1 since Saturday, so we were both a little on overload.  We still really, really, enjoyed this new one.

Wow.  I want to see it again.  grin

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

Posted: 29 October 2002 09:39 PM #3

Rock.  :cool:

Signature

Still evil, after all these years.!

• Posted: 29 October 2002 11:11 PM #4

Awesome. I can’t wait for next Tuesday. I agree that 24 is the best show on TV right now.

“I need a hacksaw.”
    —Jack Bauer

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

• Posted: 30 October 2002 02:47 AM #5

“The best show on television”.  :bugeyed:

Boy, talk about grading on a curve ...

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 30 October 2002 07:01 AM #6

Well it is a curve, necessarily, cos most television sucks.  Out of the hundred shows on TV I watch regularly maybe 6-8.  A gripping drama is the best kind of TV, and it doesn’t get any more gripping than this.  Got a better show to suggest?  rolleyes

• Posted: 30 October 2002 08:39 AM #7

[quote author=“Photodan”]Having never seen a single episode from last season, I was impressed with the premiere. It reminded me of the way Tom Clancy writes in that it jumps from place to place following many threads at once.

If the same premise was distilled into a movie it couldn’t go into the same amount of detail.

-Dan

That’s what makes the format so neat. It’s like a 24-hour-long miniseries, only with better production values. rolleyes

Having seen 24, one wonders how people can make movies that are only 75 minutes long. Oh wait, most movie plots aren’t all that deep. I’ll gladly watch a 2.5+ hour movie if it’s good enough (Schindler’s List qualifies, Titanic does not. raspberry)

It’s in a good timeslot too, methinks. One that I can actually make time for. smile

Jason

Signature

Honorary Handsome Brute of TMO
    Bearded UNIX Guru-in-Training

Call me jvarner; it’s shorter and doesn’t require capitalization.

Posted: 31 October 2002 06:52 PM #8

Damn, I missed it. I caught the last 3 episodes of last season, and was really impressed. I’ll have to start watching it now.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

• Posted: 01 November 2002 04:11 AM #9

There’s an encore showing now on Monday at 9pm Eastern (translate that to wherever you are) since they cancelled a second failed David E. Kelley show (Girls Club) in as many seasons after only two weeks.  Also encore on FX at 11pm Eastern on Monday and 5pm Eastern on Tuesday.  The 9pm Monday one on the regular Fox network will probably stick through at least several weeks, as the Friday ones did last year.

Posted: 01 November 2002 11:39 AM #10

[quote author=“Photodan”]

-Dan

It’s been done, actually. “Nick of Time” with Johnny Depp.
    Thanks for the rerun times, Crazy. =)

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

Posted: 01 November 2002 02:50 PM #11

I don’t want to blow anything from the 1st episode for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet (I was reading a newspaper article about the upcoming fall shows and happened across an overview of the new “24” that casually mentioned in passing a key character development from the end of the old series… which I still had the last four episodes to watch yet. Grrrrrrrrrr :x) but the event that occurred just prior to:[quote author=“x136”]“I need a hacksaw.”
    —Jack Bauer

prompted an eye-bugging expression of shock and surprise from me! Good show!

Signature

Rob

widgets :: music :: photos :: twitter

Posted: 23 November 2002 05:52 PM #12

It’s still going strong.  smile

Tuesday night is great.  It’s the only night I’m really home to watch TV, and I get Buffy and 24 back to back.  :D

Signature

Posted: 03 December 2002 09:25 PM #13

Still teh r0x0r.  :D

Boy, is Jack doing a number on Nina’s mind or what?  :eg:

All that needs to happen now is for Kim to be ‘sploded so her storyline ends.  She’s driving me nuts.

Signature

Posted: 03 December 2002 11:17 PM #14

I could so do without Kim’s thread.  I got tired of her last year.  This year’s role isn’t helping any at all.

The rest of the show, however, is knocking my socks off!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A possible pseudo coup attempt from the military?  And the return of Palmer’s bitch wife?  Is she deluded, or what? And is Keifer a damned great actor? You bet he is.  I love this show!  grin

Signature

Editor - The Mac Observer

Favorite (but less relevant than it used to be) Quote: Microsoft’s tyranny lies not in its success, but in the way it achieved and maintains that success.

• Posted: 03 December 2002 11:41 PM #15

Spoilers, probably.
    [quote author=“Bryan”]I could so do without Kim’s thread.  I got tired of her last year.  This year’s role isn’t helping any at all.

Yeah, I don’t quite see how it ties in yet. I’m sure that will become evident soon, though, being the damn fine show that it is.

I did immensely enjoy seeing Mr. Psycho “I only beat the crap out of you because I’m tired” Creepy Father get the crap knocked out of him, though. It’s about damn time. (Well, Kim did clock him with a tire iron earlier, but the more the merrier. smile)

[quote author=“Bryan”]And the return of Palmer’s bitch wife?  Is she deluded, or what?

Boy, I can’t wait for something bad to happen to her. Crap, maybe Jack can slap some sense into her. He’s good at that. smile

I love how Nina shows up thinking she can manipulate everyone, and Jack walks in there and totally starts f***ing with her head. :D

<voice type=“comic book guy”>
    Best. Show. Ever.
    </voice>

Signature

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!