AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 10 February 2010 07:16 PM #46

Mace - 10 February 2010 07:58 PM

... So wordy, hope you understand what I’m saying.

Mace I only attack those who rely so heavily on EW because it is an inexact science. So many people seem to use it as a crutch or as some sort of silver bullet and forget to use their brains. I am frustrated by the price action of AAPL, but most of it is down to a sell the news reaction from the iPad launch combined with a determination by the bears to take the whole market down.

However, by looking at the price action of how AAPL, and in fact most stocks fall, stabilise then breakout, it’s clear to me that barring any really adverse news in the next day or so, AAPL is poised for a move up. Much of AAPL’s action today was centred on it hugging the key downtrend line in this pullback. It came close to breaking it several times today. It’s coiling like a spring.

Now that’s not to say that it won’t fire downwards, but given the improving sentiment surrounding the iPad and a realisation that at these levels AAPL offers tremendous value, I favour a move up. Today’s high has now become the confirmation level for a breakout. It’ll encounter resistance all the way up to 201, but once above that AAPL should then have the wind behind it, which it hasn’t had since the start of January.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

• Posted: 11 February 2010 01:45 AM #47

Thursday

R4         202.40
      midpoint   201.23
    R3       200.06
      midpoint   198.89
    R2       197.72
      midpoint   197.12
    R1       196.51
      midpoint   195.95
    PP       195.38
      midpoint   194.78
    S1       194.17
      midpoint   193.61
    S2       193.04
      midpoint   191.87
    S3       190.70
      midpoint   189.53
    S4       188.36

Posted: 11 February 2010 10:59 AM #48

Oh my God! Jobless claims hasn’t rise! People may actually have money to buy Macs, iPods, iPhones, and iPads! Sel sell sell!!!!

Note: if interest rates do rise, Apple will make a killing from it’s interest on cash reserves,  which are currently yielding about 0.10% (quarterly) to the bottom line.

[ Edited: 11 February 2010 11:06 AM by awcabot ]

Signature

Tightwad.

Posted: 11 February 2010 11:17 AM #49

awcabot - 11 February 2010 02:59 PM

Oh my God! Jobless claims hasn’t rise! People may actually have money to buy Macs, iPods, iPhones, and iPads! Sel sell sell!!!!

Note: if interest rates do rise, Apple will make a killing from it’s interest on cash reserves,  which are currently yielding about 0.10% (quarterly) to the bottom line.

‘Course, today Niall Ferguson said that US debt is a safe haven just like Pearl Harbor was a safe haven in 1941. For those who are not up to speed on Bond historian and economist Niall Ferguson’s gospel of impending doom for sovereign debt, here is an eight minute Bloomberg video from February 5th.

[ Edited: 11 February 2010 11:29 AM by Eric Landstrom ]

Signature

Black Swan Counter: 9 (Banks need money, Jobs needs a break, Geithner has no plan, Cuomo’s grandstanding, .Gov needs a hobby, GS works for money, flash crash, is that bubbling crude?).

For those who look, a flash allows one to see farther.

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:09 PM #50

Here is much of our problem, in a nutshell.

According to a December report from the BLS, state and local government employers spent an average of $39.83 per hour worked ($26.24 for wages and $13.60 for benefits) for total employee compensation in September 2009. Total employer compensation costs for private industry workers averaged $27.49 per hour ($19.45 for wages and $8.05 for benefits), see chart above. In other words, government employees make 45% more on average than private sector employees.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:19 PM #51

aapl just shot up.

any reason, or just an accidental push of the buy button by the some rookie trader.

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:29 PM #52

omacvi - 11 February 2010 04:19 PM

aapl just shot up.

any reason, or just an accidental push of the buy button by the some rookie trader.

A fat-fingered GS trader hit “buy” instead of “sell” rolleyes

Signature

“Waiter waiter I’m not happy with my Zach Bass. Would you serve it on a silver platter with an apple on the side please?”

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:44 PM #53

aapl just shot up.

That was the break out from this downtrending line that I’ve been talking about for several days now.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:45 PM #54

wheeles - 11 February 2010 04:44 PM

aapl just shot up.

That was the break out from this downtrending line that I’ve been talking about for several days now.

Need to recover and close over $201 to get people interested in a swing as opposed to a day trade IMO

Signature

“Waiter waiter I’m not happy with my Zach Bass. Would you serve it on a silver platter with an apple on the side please?”

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:56 PM #55

aapl just shot up.

Entire market went up.  In fact, AAPL rises less than commodities stocks e.g. BHP shot up by 3.6% vs AAPL 1.6%.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:56 PM #56

Tommo_UK - 11 February 2010 04:45 PM
    wheeles - 11 February 2010 04:44 PM

aapl just shot up.

Need to recover and close over $201 to get people interested in a swing as opposed to a day trade IMO

I totally agree. That’s the level above which we only have a few levels of resistance like 205, 210, 213 and 215.

Signature

Posted: 11 February 2010 12:58 PM #57

Eric Landstrom - 11 February 2010 03:17 PM
    awcabot - 11 February 2010 02:59 PM

‘Course, today Niall Ferguson said that US debt is a safe haven just like Pearl Harbor was a safe haven in 1941. For those who are not up to speed on Bond historian and economist Niall Ferguson’s gospel of impending doom for sovereign debt, here is an eight minute Bloomberg video from February 5th.

Eric…great Bloomberg video.  What, if anything, are you doing to position yourself for the realization of what Ferguson is talking about?  Sorry for the OT reply people.  Go AAPL!!!!

Posted: 11 February 2010 01:26 PM #58

wheeles - 11 February 2010 04:56 PM
    Tommo_UK - 11 February 2010 04:45 PM

I totally agree. That’s the level above which we only have a few levels of resistance like 205, 210, 213 and 215.

Around 215/216 :drool: .. that’s when we see a run-up to $240 in a flash IMO :drool:

Signature

Posted: 11 February 2010 01:40 PM #59

Tommo_UK - 11 February 2010 05:26 PM

Around 215/216 :drool: .. that’s when we see a run-up to $240 in a flash IMO :drool:

I’m not sure about $240 in the next move up. I would probably look at the upper Bollinger on the monthly chart as a target (currently at 229), but we’re a way off that, so plenty of time to adjust.

Signature

Posted: 11 February 2010 02:01 PM #60

I bought the other day at around 192.70, need to buy more. What would be another good entry point. I try to buy the dips, but then you hear don’t try to catch a falling knife. Then you hear don’t chase stocks.
    Should I wait till we break 201 area