Are you going to Macworld Expo 2011?

Poll: Are you planning on attending Macworld Expo 2011?
Total Votes: 24
Yes
No
I’ll wait and see who’s going to be there
I never go
The expo won’t happen

Posted: 15 February 2010 11:19 AM

Macworld Expo 2010 is in the can, and the 2011 dates have already been announced: January 25-29. Are you planning on attending?

• Posted: 15 February 2010 01:42 PM #1

I won’t be going unless they bring back the NYC MW!

• Posted: 15 February 2010 02:23 PM #2

I can see people from SF area attending as usual (it’s nearby, and after all, it’s the only Mac show out there, Apple or no apple). For others, it is difficult to justify trip expenses with an Apple-less MW.

• Posted: 15 February 2010 10:42 PM #3

IMO, the show has been in steady decline for at least 4 years. This year was a pale imitation. Anyone saying it was great is on drugs or blowing smoke up your keester. It was NOT worth the travel time or expense. Nor am I alone in this opinion as everyone I personally know who went said they were done with attending the show as well.

• Posted: 16 February 2010 12:15 AM #4

I was going to go this year, but the 190 mile trip, expensive parking (no access to Bart by the time I get there), and, for me, the big missing vendor is Adobe, not Apple. Apple is right, I can go to one of their stores and actually get to play with some piece of equipment. At MacWorld, I can hardly get into their booth area. I wanted to spend time with Adobe since I spend so much of my professional life in Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver. So after I almost signed up, I decided that I had better things to do with my time. When Adobe comes back, I’ll likely be back.

Signature

Posted: 16 February 2010 05:07 PM #5

Granted, this year was my first time at Macworld Expo…but it certainly won’t be my last. Sure, there was no Apple, no Adobe…but the exhibitors who were in attendance had some fantastic applications and hardware to show. It was well worth my time and expense, and I’ll certainly return next year.