Electronic House

Posted: 03 March 2010 10:20 PM

For all of you fellow A/V enthusiast, Electronic House magazine pretty much dedicated this issue to the iphone and its remote control capabilities. They also ad a few ipad articles. I already had the remote for my ATV and have been waiting for a remote that controls the actual A/V components. You still have to purchase links that convert the signal to IR, but this is expected, it is not an Apple planet, yet. :apple:

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 03 March 2010 10:22 PM #1

Can someone tell me how that ballon showed up on its own? I did not put that in there.

Signature

Posted: 03 March 2010 11:09 PM #2

artman1033 - 04 March 2010 02:58 AM
    mbeauch - 04 March 2010 02:22 AM

Can someone tell me how that ballon showed up on its own? I did not put that in there.

Mark:
    You have to WASH your hands REAL good, or the bacteria from your hands infects the post.

You can trust me!

I have over 3000 posts!

Shame on you. LOL

Signature

Posted: 04 March 2010 07:06 AM #3

My latest frustration is with remotes, IR vs RF, need converters to work with z-wave devices, etc.  Just dabbling to keep my toe in the waters. The Monster Remote is based on the harmony back end and talks to z-wave, the Bose remote blasts IR but can’t be controlled by the Monster, etc.  With enough prayer and voodoo, perhaps someone will design “one remote to rule them all”, but that spec is years away if ever.  If I can get down to just two remotes, it’ll be nice.  I’m intrigued by auto controls for drapes, garage and temperature, but lighting & power have proven problematic already. Not gonna retrofit my place with expensive controllers that can’t be controlled.

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 04 March 2010 08:52 AM #4

UiRemote

The RedEye Mini

The RedEye

R? Remote Control

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.

Posted: 04 March 2010 10:28 AM #5

rezonate - 04 March 2010 11:06 AM

With enough prayer and voodoo, perhaps someone will design “one remote to rule them all”, but that spec is years away if ever.

The other Steve tried that. It seems he didn’t get very far.

Signature

Tightwad.