iPad Pre-order: Delivery or Reserve?

Poll: Apple began its iPad pre-order program this morning. Did you pre-order yours to be delivered, or for pick up in an Apple Store?
Total Votes: 18
Delivery
Reservation

Posted: 12 March 2010 10:36 AM

Apple began its iPad pre-order program this morning. Did you pre-order yours to be delivered, or for pick up in an Apple Store?

• Posted: 12 March 2010 11:56 AM #1

Delivery.

Posted: 12 March 2010 11:58 AM #2

My wife wants, well insists, on the 3G version so we will have to wait until that model goes on sale.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 12 March 2010 12:00 PM #3

On reserve - I just want to get something on day one from the store for once.

• Posted: 12 March 2010 12:15 PM #4

Reserve. I’m betting atmosphere at the Apple Store will be entertaining and/or socially invigorating enough to compensate for the hassle.

Posted: 12 March 2010 02:38 PM #5

Sir Harry Flashman - 12 March 2010 03:58 PM

My wife wants, well insists, on the 3G version so we will have to wait until that model goes on sale.

The online apple store makes it look like you can pre-order the 3G version now too for delivery.

The news reports seem to be that there’s heavy demand for the wifi models, not sure about the 3G, but in theory if you order early, you have less chance of a back order.

• Posted: 12 March 2010 04:20 PM #6

I’m picking up at the store. As an earlier poster pointed out, the atmosphere should be entertaining. Besides I’m traveling the next day, and I think the iPad will make an excellent travel companion.

Signature

Problem definition is the key to problem resolution.

Posted: 12 March 2010 08:35 PM #7

Reserve. It’s more fun to wait in line and socialize with the other Macheads!