Mac Unit Shipment Predictions

• Posted: 20 April 2010 07:35 PM #31

capablanca - 12 March 2010 06:00 AM

Eric Savitz posts some 2Q projections by Tony Berkman.  His numbers are universally positive.  On the subject of Mac he is predicting 3.0mm.

Independent of this, I have become increasingly confident over the last two weeks and am bumping my own number from 2.85 to 2.95.  This with no new MacBook Pro.  Even though it is already overdue for an update, I am thinking it will be April or even May.  If Pats is right, and we get the new MacBook Pros in March, we could see 3.05.

It is looking good for another great quarter.  Then In 3Q we will get a bump from iPad.  And in 4Q we get a bump from iPhone 4.0.  It is shaping up to be a good year to be an Apple shareholder.

Not being in the same league with the Four Horseman of AFB, I forecast only Mac Shipments and won’t be in PED’s winner’s circle.  So please forgive me for taking a bow here.

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:48 PM #32

Nice call capa.  Nailed it.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 20 April 2010 07:50 PM #33

capablanca - 20 April 2010 10:35 PM

Not being in the same league with the Four Horseman of AFB, I forecast only Mac Shipments and won’t be in PED’s winner’s circle.  So please forgive me for taking a bow here.

Take a bow anytime. You’ve been a big part of this community.  grin

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:51 PM #34

incorrigible - 20 April 2010 10:48 PM

Nice call capa.  Nailed it.

I’ll put a feather on his cap(blanca) during the $300 party.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs