Have You Pre-Ordered/Reserved An Apple iPad?

Poll: Have You Pre-Ordered/Reserved An Apple iPad?
Total Votes: 95
Yes. I have pre-ordered an Apple iPad
Yes. I have reserved an Apple iPad for pick-up
No. But I will Buy an iPad in April or early May
No. I do not plan to buy an Apple iPad at this time.
  • Posted: 24 March 2010 05:19 AM #16

Welcome johnG,

Nothing like a new set of eyes.

• Posted: 24 March 2010 05:46 AM #17

no pre-order, no reservation, but as soon as the iPad comes out over here I will buy 4…

Signature

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.

• Posted: 24 March 2010 12:49 PM #18

At this moment there are 50 poll entries. A total of 22 poll respondents or 44% have pre-ordered or reserved an iPad for April 3rd.

Another 18 respondents indicate they will purchase an iPad soon after release. This brings the total number of planned iPad purchases to 40 or 80% of the poll respondents so far.

Thank you for participating in the poll.

• Posted: 24 March 2010 05:42 PM #19

Two 64GB 3G iPads, went with 3G mostly for the GPS.

Steve, please oh please, surprise us with early shipping of the 3G iPads!

• Posted: 24 March 2010 06:02 PM #20

Pre-order 2 WiFi 16 GB

Posted: 24 March 2010 06:21 PM #21

My wife wants the 3G model so we will wait a few weeks before ordering.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 24 March 2010 07:26 PM #22

1 16 Gig WiFi to play with April 5 and 1 32 Gig 3G to “upgrade” to the end of April.  Then, see if I can get close to what I paid for the 16 Gig by selling internationally, or if wife likes it, keep it for home use.

• Posted: 24 March 2010 08:27 PM #23

Yes, I bought a 32GB WiFi that I hope shows up on Saturday morning of April 3rd which will be my experiment model that I’ll sell eventually, and a 32GB WiFi/3G that I’ll probably keep (I think…)

• Posted: 24 March 2010 08:39 PM #24

‘course I ordered one. He who dies with the most toys wins!  wink

Signature

Will everyone who believes in telekinesis please raise my hand.

• Posted: 24 March 2010 10:13 PM #25

I’ve pre-ordered a 32GB WiFi but keep going back-and-forth on whether to cancel the order and re-order a 3G model.

Posted: 25 March 2010 12:55 AM #26

TanToday - 23 March 2010 01:44 AM

Some of us bought more than one, your poll will be low given that reality.

What about the ones that aren’t interested in the iPad?  They probably won’t even click on this thread to see what it’s about, much less vote.  How about that for skewing reality?

Signature

“A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety.”    ~  Issac Newton’s First Law of Physics

Posted: 25 March 2010 12:41 PM #27

I said “Not At This Time”.
    I think I’ll get one but something in the back of my head keeps saying that it can’t be as good as everyone says it is, (especially as nobody here has actually used one yet). The old saw about if it’s too good to be true it isn’t, maybe. I want to see one, play with one, decide if it will actually be worth adding to our stable of computer equipment. This isn’t a $29.95 thingie that we’re talking about here. It’s $500+ (more up here in Canada). For the moment I’m cautiously optimistic but dubious it can actually be that good.

I’ve been accused of being a cynic.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 25 March 2010 01:41 PM #28

iJack - 25 March 2010 03:55 AM

What about the ones that aren’t interested in the iPad?  They probably won’t even click on this thread to see what it’s about, much less vote.  How about that for skewing reality?

I’m not interested in an iPad and I voted.  Trying to keep the poll accurate.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 25 March 2010 02:38 PM #29

incorrigible - 25 March 2010 04:41 PM

I’m not interested in an iPad and I voted.  Trying to keep the poll accurate.

And so you now know that others like you voted also?  Did it work?  Is the poll accurate?

Signature

“A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety.”    ~  Issac Newton’s First Law of Physics

Posted: 25 March 2010 03:33 PM #30

I think this poll is for curiosity only.  The group as a whole is highly biased.

Signature

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled.