Have You Pre-Ordered/Reserved An Apple iPad?

Poll: Have You Pre-Ordered/Reserved An Apple iPad?
Total Votes: 95
Yes. I have pre-ordered an Apple iPad
Yes. I have reserved an Apple iPad for pick-up
No. But I will Buy an iPad in April or early May
No. I do not plan to buy an Apple iPad at this time.

Posted: 25 March 2010 04:48 PM #31

iJack - 25 March 2010 05:38 PM
    incorrigible - 25 March 2010 04:41 PM

I’m not interested in an iPad and I voted.  Trying to keep the poll accurate.

And so you now know that others like you voted also?  Did it work?  Is the poll accurate?

I believe it is accurate from the point of view for the people who frequent this forum.  Admittingly, we as a group are a biased crowd, but there you go.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 25 March 2010 05:07 PM #32

incorrigible - 25 March 2010 07:48 PM

I believe it is accurate from the point of view for the people who frequent this forum.  Admittingly, we as a group are a biased crowd, but there you go.

It’s extremely accurate - for the representative population, who for the most part happen to love Apple products, or more specifically, AAPL stock.

I think a great companion survey would be, of the people that voted in this poll, how many of them own iPhones, or plan on purchasing one this year?

My guess is, of the respondents, there are more people (myself included) interested in owning an iPad than an iPhone, for one simple reason - the expensive data plan and contract/carrier restrictions.

With the iPad, Apple has solved my reluctance to chain myself to a data plan, so it is more appealing to me.

That should give us decent insight as to whether the iPad market is larger than the iPhone market.  I believe it is.