Phantom Trade ??  (Apple in AH)

• Posted: 27 March 2010 12:48 AM

Both Google and Yahoo show Apple down $4.39 to $226.51 in the After Hours ... did I miss some bad news or is this just that annoying phantom trade ?

Posted: 27 March 2010 01:39 AM #1

Gtrplyr - 27 March 2010 03:48 AM

Both Google and Yahoo show Apple down $4.39 to $226.51 in the After Hours ... did I miss some bad news or is this just that annoying phantom trade ?

I see what you are talking about. I wouldn’t think anything about it. The last trade before that was 231.10 with 2 minutes to go until close. AH is no volume and no significance, come to think of it, wasn’t that yesterday’s close? Had to be close to it.

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

• Posted: 27 March 2010 04:06 AM #2

Presumably some trades from day before cleverly posted after the end of after hours trading.

AAPL after hours trades

Posted: 27 March 2010 06:26 AM #3

It’s simply a late trade report.

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 27 March 2010 11:01 PM #4

wheeles - 27 March 2010 09:26 AM

It’s simply a late trade report.

Big bird, why do you need the security detail?  People don’t have very many guns over there, you should be safe, and Thanksgiving is still a long way off. LOL

Signature

Posted: 28 March 2010 07:38 AM #5

mbeauch - 28 March 2010 02:01 AM

Big bird, why do you need the security detail?  People don’t have very many guns over there, you should be safe, and Thanksgiving is still a long way off. LOL

I thought it necessary given that I seem to be one of the few on here posting contrarian views. I many have to go into exile if people keep seeing my posts as a threat to their world view.

The pic is from Reservoir Dogs (somewhat amended to incorporate Mr Yellow). Don’t you recognise Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth and Quentin Tarantino?

Signature

Throughout all my years of investing I’ve found that the big money was never made in the buying or the selling. The big money was made in the waiting. ? Jesse Livermore

Posted: 28 March 2010 01:05 PM #6

wheeles - 28 March 2010 10:38 AM
    mbeauch - 28 March 2010 02:01 AM

I thought it necessary given that I seem to be one of the few on here posting contrarian views. I many have to go into exile if people keep seeing my posts as a threat to their world view.

The pic is from Reservoir Dogs (somewhat amended to incorporate Mr Yellow). Don’t you recognise Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth and Quentin Tarantino?

The eyes are failing me. Those small pictures are hard for me to make out let alone recognize a 5 mm face. LOL

Signature