10.6.3 Upgrade

• Posted: 30 March 2010 03:59 AM

Not sure if this belongs here, but I’m happy to report that Preview,Tools, Annotate has been restored to better functionality, so that it’s easier to enter text, arrows, and such on your images. Width of arrows and text size now much easier to manage. tongue laugh

Posted: 30 March 2010 10:32 AM #1

Moved to The Mac Room.

• Posted: 30 March 2010 12:25 PM #2

I have not noticed any issues yet

Posted: 30 March 2010 12:56 PM #3

No problems thus far.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 30 March 2010 01:05 PM #4

As with most OS-X updates it went in, I rebooted, and things returned to normal. I’ve not noticed any difference in performance, behavior, or anything. As I understand this was all about patching potential security holes, which is a good thing.

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

Posted: 30 March 2010 01:43 PM #5

I may have had a problem with my Time Machine backup. This morning it claimed it failed due to the disk being removed. Now, my external firewire drive allotted to TM is pretty full, so TM has to do some pretty major removal to fit new stuff there. Not usually a problem, but this was a pretty significant sized update, so maybe it had some issues. However, the drive disappearing from the desktop makes me wonder if there is any problem with the new update and my FW 400-to-800 adapter connection…

TM is running now. Prepped items and is currently “cleaning up” so we’ll see what happens this time around.

Other than that, I haven’t noticed a difference, which is probably a good thing. smile

Signature

Dean Lewis
    http://www.offbalance.com
    "Now that you’re dead, your usefulness to me
    has ended! But I’ll keep your shoes. BWAHAHAHA"
    —The Lightning Bug, J-Men Forever (1978)

• Posted: 30 March 2010 02:08 PM #6

After 10.6.3, I can no longer connect to another Mac with AFP. Restart, safe boot, and turning off firewall did not help.  However, I can still connect from a 10.6.2 Mac to the 10.6.3 Mac via AFP.  Has anyone else seen this?

• Posted: 30 March 2010 04:20 PM #7

I used printer sharing from the MBP (10.6.3) to the Mac Pro (10.6.2).  That worked as expected - the doc printed.  After that, I was able to make the AFP connection in the expected way to the Mac Pro. I have no idea why that sequence would fix the AFP connection problem I reported earlier.  Hope it sticks!

Posted: 31 March 2010 12:21 AM #8

I had to re-enter the registration code for:
    OfficeTime
    Little Snitch

I have no idea why. It is one more reason for owning and USING 1Password.

Signature

Dave Barnes
    +1.303.744.9024
    WebEnhancement Services - Worldwide