Mossberg’s iPad Review

• Posted: 31 March 2010 10:13 PM

I have not even had a chance to read it yet ...

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100331/apple-ipad-review/

Edit:  battery life even better than Apple claims

[ Edited: 31 March 2010 10:32 PM by Derrick ]      
  • Posted: 01 April 2010 12:05 AM #1

NO manufacturer will be able to touch that battery life !!  Really impressive. 

I would imagine Apple’s investment in P.A. Semi is going to pay off big ,  that battery life is a direct result of Apple being able to control the processor used in the unit and everyone else will be trying to use off-the-shelf components.

Not sure what will happen to the stock short term but I’m pretty happy holding a long position .....  can’t wait till Christmas ...

• Posted: 01 April 2010 01:29 AM #2

PC Magazine scores it 4.5 stars on a scale of 5.  See HERE.

I’ve read many of the initial reviews, and they are uniformly positive This thing is going to do better than people imagine.

Posted: 01 April 2010 01:42 AM #3

Mercel - 01 April 2010 04:29 AM

PC Magazine scores it 4.5 stars on a scale of 5.  See HERE.

I’ve read many of the initial reviews, and they are uniformly positive This thing is going to do better than people imagine.

10+

Just waiting for the forum Grinch to show up an spoil the fun.

cheers
        JohnG

• Posted: 01 April 2010 01:54 AM #4

http://aaplinvestors.net/reviews/ipadreviews/

Links to reviews there

• Posted: 01 April 2010 08:38 AM #5

Stephen Fry’s article in Time is just so bittersweet. Douglas Adams would be proud.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1976935-0,00.html

Signature

Posted: 01 April 2010 08:40 AM #6

The WSJ Mossberg article is LEAD on Section D and goes for a page and a half, imagine what BUYING that kind of cheering would cost ya?

Looks like the Mag/Rags are setting up the hoopla better than anyone had expected.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 01 April 2010 08:49 AM #7

That is not strictly true, but giving up the iPad felt a little like that. I had been prepared for a smooth feel, for a bright screen and the “immersive” experience everyone had promised. I was not prepared, though, for how instant the relationship I formed with the device would be. I left Cupertino without an iPad, but I have since gotten my own, and it goes with me everywhere.

It is possible that the public will not fall on the iPad, as I did, like lions on an antelope. Perhaps they will find the apps and the iBooks too expensive. Maybe they will wait for more fully featured later models. But for me, my iPad is like a gun lobbyist’s rifle: the only way you will take it from me is to prise it from my cold, dead hands. One melancholy thought occurs as my fingers glide and flow over the surface of this astonishing object: Douglas Adams is not alive to see the closest thing to his Hitchhiker’s Guide that humankind has yet devised.

Fry is a writer, actor and broadcaster.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1976935-4,00.html#ixzz0jqetYbxd

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 01 April 2010 09:04 AM #8

TanToday - 01 April 2010 11:49 AM

One melancholy thought occurs as my fingers glide and flow over the surface of this astonishing object: Douglas Adams is not alive to see the closest thing to his Hitchhiker’s Guide that humankind has yet devised.

That is precisely what I meant by bittersweet Tan.

Signature

Posted: 01 April 2010 09:39 AM #9

As a STARTREK fan, I would have more thought along the lines of the PAD they had back then. The Hitchikers Guide doesn’t seem as .... well, really REAL futuristic.

yet ONE MORE innovation, brought to you from Gene Roddenberry long before they could actually make one.

Signature

Posted: 01 April 2010 06:47 PM #10

Stephen Fry’s piece for Time is a thing of beauty. Everyone should read it if they haven’t yet. It really put Apple in perspective.