$375 Price Target

• Posted: 20 April 2010 06:15 PM

WOW!  Wow on Apple earnings.  I don’t see how this doesn’t go to $375 over the next few years.  I’m upping my target.  Apple does deserve the largest market Cap in the market right now.  The growth potential of the iPhone has become very clear.  This is a big win for Apple investors.  Apple clearly destroyed my expectations.

• Posted: 20 April 2010 06:23 PM #1

Andy, I was at a 12-month price target of $384… until today.

With contributions from the iPad we’re moving closer to deagol’s target.

Posted: 20 April 2010 06:28 PM #2

Hi Andy, I think you had some reservations back in the fall about further growth for the stock. What made you come back to the bullish sentiment - the iPhone primarily? Hope you held onto some stock, and let’s see this go up further in the next couple of years!

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:14 PM #3

Roman - 20 April 2010 09:28 PM

Hi Andy, I think you had some reservations back in the fall about further growth for the stock. What made you come back to the bullish sentiment - the iPhone primarily? Hope you held onto some stock, and let’s see this go up further in the next couple of years!

I would like to know too.  Andy had said get out of AAPL completely when AAPL is trading at around $140-$150, he said something like “stand by his recommendations to sell around $140”, since then AAPL rallies relentlessly and he didn’t recommend buying back.

Signature

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.  - Steve Jobs

• Posted: 20 April 2010 07:20 PM #4

Mace - 20 April 2010 10:14 PM
    Roman - 20 April 2010 09:28 PM

I would like to know too.  Andy had said get out of AAPL completely when AAPL is trading at around $140-$150, he said something like “stand by his recommendations to sell around $140”, since then AAPL rallies relentlessly and he didn’t recommend buying back.

Yea that was for technical short term trading.  This is on a fundamental long term basis.  I’m generally not comfortable holding stuff in extremely overbought conditions for the short term.  But I think long term for investors who just hold their shares, this is going a lot higher.  I’m buying on any weakness.

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:40 PM #5

andyzaky - 20 April 2010 10:20 PM

... But I think long term for investors who just hold their shares, this is going a lot higher.  I’m buying on any weakness.

Thanks.  For this year, I plan to sell some at around $340, probably reached in Nov-Dec.  This is in accordance with a plan to sell some AAPLs every year since 2004.

Signature

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:42 PM #6

Mace - 20 April 2010 10:40 PM

... But I think long term for investors who just hold their shares, this is going a lot higher.  I’m buying on any weakness.

Thanks.  For this year, I plan to sell some at around $340, probably reached in Nov-Dec.  This is in accordance with a plan to sell some AAPLs every year since 2004.

Why so conservative Mac? lol

Signature

Adversity does not just build character, it reveals it.

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:45 PM #7

mbeauch - 20 April 2010 10:42 PM

Why so conservative Mac? lol

You mean why sell AAPLs or price target is too low?  For the former, is a plan since 2004.  As for the latter, you think AAPL can go much higher?

Signature

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:46 PM #8

He’s being sarcastic Mace.  Your price target for that time frame seems a bit aggressive.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:49 PM #9

incorrigible - 20 April 2010 10:46 PM

He’s being sarcastic Mace.  Your price target for that time frame seems a bit aggressive.

If price target is not reached, I will not sell and wait till next year.  There are shares not options and are not margined, so I have the luxury of stubbornly waiting for the price target.

Signature

• Posted: 20 April 2010 07:54 PM #10

That’s my timing as well.  I’m all in, and I could not be more pleased for Apple to surprise to the upside.  I’ll be modeling some new EPS #s after my system absorbs celebratory Mai Tai’s.

The biggest surprise were the iPhone unit sales in my EPS #s.  Congrats to all AAPL longs!

Posted: 20 April 2010 07:57 PM #11

Mace - 20 April 2010 10:45 PM

You mean why sell AAPLs or price target is too low?  For the former, is a plan since 2004.  As for the latter, you think AAPL can go much higher?

Both, SJ was talking about more products hitting the consumer this year. Coupled with iAD and ipad, don’t you think tomorrow morning we will see analyst raising their price targets by 60-70$. What stood out to me was the 3rd qtr guidance. If Apple says 13.5b, we can be sure of 14b. Then the Back to school qtr which I can’t believe I am going to say this, but that qtr might get to 17b.

Mace, your method has proven to be the best of any. Congrats. :apple:

Signature

Posted: 20 April 2010 08:19 PM #12

mbeauch - 20 April 2010 10:57 PM

... Mace, your method has proven to be the best of any. Congrats. :apple:

I won’t take credit for a method.  After many many many thoughts and re-thoughts (got such a word?), I think it is pure luck.  If I’ve the same knowledge about fundamental and technical analysis as now, I won’t be accumulating AAPLs during the dark age (1997 to 2001).  The accumulation is done automatically while I’m still working, I’m just too busy to monitor.  In fact, I’ve begun to sell AAPLs two years after I’ve retired based on some analyses and SJ’s health.  First sale is at $35, now I know is ridiculously low.  The most recent sale is at $200.  Btw, the sale at $340 is to raise money to buy a second house without loan.

Signature

• Posted: 20 April 2010 08:23 PM #13

Yes, Mace has been a role model for me.  Though I must say that SNIPUS, while doing it differently, has been equally inspiring.

Posted: 20 April 2010 10:44 PM #14

capablanca - 20 April 2010 11:23 PM

Yes, Mace has been a role model for me.  Though I must say that SNIPUS, while doing it differently, has been equally inspiring.

I agree Capa, Snipus just needs to swing down my way with that plane of his and pick me up for the $300 party.  :-D

Signature

• Posted: 21 April 2010 01:23 AM #15

I think that except for DT Mace is the longest surviving member of this forum. I too have always admired his ability to form a plan and STICK TO IT. So very hard to do with the emotional roller coaster we all experience with AAPL. Also not a trader but an investor sure tells you something.